Happy Gotcha Day #1 to Doolin!

Finally, a post Doolin doesn't have to share with Willa! :lol One year ago, we brought home this big brindle boy. We didn't feel quite ready so soon after Sweep's passing, but Southland was closing at the end of the year and couldn't guarantee how long they'd have hounds. His story was heartbreaking and convinced us to go for it. Auntie Sweep knew what she was doing when she had us pick him,* knowing full well his sister wouldn't be far behind. 

*with a heavy assist from Miss Jan. :nod 

Doolin, Dooly boy, Doo, Doobert. You have been a whole new experience—statuing on walks, being terrified of random things (like anything that moves in the wind, parked scooters and golf carts, metal signs), and trembling with your entire 76 pounds when the weather turns bad or even looks like it might. (Let's hope the storms miss us today.) You are such a sensitive soul, but also the sweetest. You show infinite patience with your sometimes pushy sister and always pushy Richard the cat, and you are such a good snuggler. I love our roo fests in the morning and the way you chatter constantly and whine when I go upstairs (stairs are still skeery for you). You're a master of ETS, though maybe knot quite Punkin level yet. You're also devastatingly handsome.

We love you, our sweet, shy boy and we'll keep working with you to expand your whirled at your pace. You've come so far already and we're so lucky to have you and your sister. :heart 

52179676126_fbce06549f_z.jpg

53000248701_4b6148c5a7_z.jpg

53000340411_4530086642_z.jpg

53000419999_49f0db0a34_z.jpg

Edited by ramonaghan

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Happy Gotcha Day:beatheart  you made my moma go thud with your cuteness.  You have a wonrfu place to run looks like you can :gh_run for daz.  

Journey who wants to play in the big yard toz

Take the biggest treat it is your day no mater what Willa says

Happiest of gotcha days, beautiful Doolin!  I bet a delicious treat is in store for you.  And you deserve every crumb of it.  

Rachel, I forget if I ever knew -- what is his story?  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

4 minutes ago, EllenEveBaz said:

Rachel, I forget if I ever knew -- what is his story?  

He'd been adopted by an elderly woman, an experienced greyhound owner, for a month when she passed away from a sudden illness. Her family surrendered him to the kennel and he was having a hard time being back there. (Not surprising now that we know his personality.)

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly

11 minutes ago, 1Moregrey said:

Happy Gotcha Day:beatheart  you made my moma go thud with your cuteness.  You have a wonrfu place to run looks like you can :gh_run for daz.  

Journey who wants to play in the big yard toz

Take the biggest treat it is your day no mater what Willa says

That is Harlinsdale Farm, and it is a faboo place for houndies to run! There's a dog park there but we don't bother with that; we just help ourownselves to the horse paddocks. So many innerestin smells!

9 minutes ago, ramonaghan said:

That is Harlinsdale Farm, and it is a faboo place for houndies to run! There's a dog park there but we don't bother with that; we just help ourownselves to the horse paddocks. So many innerestin smells!

I want to move so I can play there, all I gots is buffalo to watch from my leash :sowhat

If you hadn’t adopted him no way would I have let him get away :lol

Happy Happy Gotcha Day, Dooooolin :kiss2 :yay :confetti Be brave, young man, you are rite ware you belong and you are doing grate :beatheart

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Happy Gotcha Doolin! :balloonparty You got the absolute best home! And you really are a handsome guy.

His story sounds kind of like Wiki's - Maybe a bit too soon after the passing of a beloved first hound but a sad story and a persistent friend got them in the door. And it turned out to be perfect! :wub:

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Happy Gotcha Day, Handsome Doolin! 

Sweep definitely looked out for you! 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Happy Gotcha Day Doolin!

Maybe one day soon you'll be as brave as you are handsome.

Miss Jan, you done good. :nod

ETA: Toodles and Daisy want to explore a horse pasture. :lol 

Edited by GreyPoopon

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Thanks, everyone! We had a great day. It was hot hot hot, so we went on a long r-i-d-e down the Natchez Trace Parkway and then came home for second ice creams of the day. :clap Best of all, the storms missed us! :pepper 

53003166083_26a055f6cf_z.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Happy belated gotcha Doobert. I can’t believe how fast that year flew by. You’re in the best possible place with the best possible people, you lucky dog. 

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)