My horse, Skip, is gone

FiveRoooooers

And I am gutted. Euthanized at 32.5 years old. A remarkable age for a horse, but even when your head knows that, your heart doesn't want to believe it.

A smart little palomino quarter horse off the Wiescamp ranch with that signature “Quarter Circle I” brand on his left jowl , he was 10 when we met. We showed a bit in reining but after that we were doing Western and English trail and pleasure classes. I taught him to drive and pull a cart. He was amazing. And he was gorgeous. He taught my kid to ride, and when she’d had a spill off a pony at camp and lost her confidence, we went back to basics and Skip helped her regain her love of horses and riding. (She’s still riding and showing big jumpers.) Skip had the kindest eye and softest nicker, and a love of peppermint candies. His brand is on my ankle and his soul is in my heart. They don’t make horses now like they did 32.5 years ago.

Godspeed Skip, you have been the best. Happy trails over the Bridge until we meet again.

Skip :heart 06/05/89-11/17/21

Edited by FiveRoooooers

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so very sorry. A confidence-building horse is even more special than the rest.

Godspeed Skip.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so sorry, Jan.   

Run-free, Skip.  

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Oh Jan… words cannot express how sorry I am that you have lost your amazing little Skip.  
Remember all those good times …..

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

• FiveRoooooers changed the title to My horse, Skip, is gone

Oh, No!  I am beyond sorry for your loss.  I am sure that he stayed much longer with you than he would have with anyone else.  Hugs. 

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Oh I'm terribly sorry.  I know what its like to lose an oldie.  A few years back I lost a wonderful old lady ..I lost my 32+year Clydesdale cross to osteo of all things.  My poor Bobbie broke her leg walking in from the pasture.  She was such a sweet soul.   It so hard to say goodbye to the older guys, the babysitters, the wise ones and the tolerant ones.  I pray Skip's passing was peaceful.

1 hour ago, tbhounds said:

Oh I'm terribly sorry.  I know what its like to lose an oldie.  A few years back I lost a wonderful old lady ..I lost my 32+year Clydesdale cross to osteo of all things.  My poor Bobbie broke her leg walking in from the pasture.  She was such a sweet soul.   It so hard to say goodbye to the older guys, the babysitters, the wise ones and the tolerant ones.  I pray Skip's passing was peaceful.

I am so sorry you know firsthand how this feels. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

• 3 months later...

So sorry for your loss. You must be so grateful for all those years of adventures.
I have a 27yo mare who is still going fairly strong. I can’t imagine how traumatic an experience that was for you. 

CollageSnap

<p>Finn, Wink, Birdie, Snap and SmokeyJG Quicknfast 7/25/99-5/16/08, JG Quickwink 7/25/99-9/22/13, Iruska SweetDuv 7/19/03-11/9/16, Delbar 6/11/11 and Catahoula Smokey

If only they could be with us just a little bit longer.  :grouphug

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

4 hours ago, Finnsliz said:

So sorry for your loss. You must be so grateful for all those years of adventures.
I have a 27yo mare who is still going fairly strong. I can’t imagine how traumatic an experience that was for you. 

Thank you. It is never easy, is it. Skip passed in November and I still miss his bright face.

You're blessed with a senior yourself, 27 is a remarkable age! Every day is a gift. :grouphug