Camp Broodie Would Like To Introduce....

Sadie Rose. (Racing Name: Paul Walker) 

With the recent passing of Kate, we knew that Petunia would need a new roommate here at Camp Broodie to keep her company.  That was how Kate originally ended up here, and we knew that Petunia was just not the same when she is an only-hound.  We put the word out shortly after Kate left us, and found Sadie Rose who arrived at Camp Broodie this afternoon. 

To answer the burning question - YES - She is a broodie! 

She arrived with the name Paula from the adoption group but doesn't answer to it or any other name. We figured it's a good time to give her a new name, so "Sadie Rose" it is - aka Sadie.

Sadie arrived and immediately started schmoozing with Petunia and also with Snickers who is visiting today. She then proceeded to work the humans for pets and snuggles within about 10 minutes of arriving. This girl knows how to get her adoption papers signed. :lol

So - I guess one or two of you want pictures. :rotfl

On arrival at the group's drop point. 

Jw3x78A.jpg

When she lost her ears

UVkvJaA.jpg

In conference with Petunia 

QXcxTah.jpg

Getting some rubs

25IU4tO.jpg

Checking out the slumber ball and snuggling with Mom

dQ05LXx.jpg

And hanging out when she first got in the house

ykL3Ru0.jpg

She is now sound asleep on the slumber ball and catching up on her naps. Watch for more pics in a day or two once she is a little more settled. (Like she can get more settled.:lol)

Edited by Time4ANap
Fixed a bunch of typos
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Yeah, let us know when she gets "more settled" :rofl

Woo hoo!!! Congratulations Camp Broodie, hounds and hoomans alike  :clap :confetti  Oh Sadie Rose, you are about to experience new, coma-inducing levels of spoiling, the best kind! Sooo happy for all of you! :bighug

Welcome home Sadie Rose :kiss2 :dogcookie Congrats P2 :kiss2 :dogcookie 

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Wow! Is she white with NO ticking? Not even one-speckle spot? She is one pretty gurl!

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

6 minutes ago, palmettobug said:

Wow! Is she white with NO ticking? Not even one-speckle spot? She is one pretty gurl!

There is a spot on her nose and a few little ticking spots near her ears.  Probably a few others that we can't see because what we think is her off-white color is probably Oklahoma Racing Farm Dirt. :lol 

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

What a lucky girl!  :welcome2

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

8 minutes ago, rschultz said:

Yipeeee, congrats! I’m so happy for you guys. She is one lucky momma. How old is she?

She turns 9 next month.   Her grandfather is Dodgem By Design and I see a lot of Rocket in this girl.  Dodgem was his daddy. 

Smart of you to match her to the carpet so you can safely ignore any shedding! :lol She's gorgeous and looks right at home. Welcome, Sadie, you hit the jackpot! Congrats to everyone, especially Petunia! (Side note: My grandparents had two Sadies...it's a good omen. :nod)

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!

I'm so happy for you, Sadie Rose, and Miss Petunia. :yay 

In my experience, lots of litters and lots of pups = extra sweet. :beatheart 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Sadie, Sadie, married lady.  What a gorgeous, gorgeous girl!  That farm coat will turn shiny in no time.  So Petunia and Sadie Rose are schmoozing successfully, so far?  

This girl knows how to get her adoption papers signed.

:lol

Sadie Rose, you are about to experience new, coma-inducing levels of spoiling

:lol

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

2 hours ago, EllenEveBaz said:

So Petunia and Sadie Rose are schmoozing successfully, so far?  

Yes!  All good except for a few minutes last night when Petunia came to me and gave me the "Dad - get her the hell out of my bed look." :lol

She went right to bed last night and let me know at about 5 AM that she needed to go out. Can't ask for more than that from a new girl just off the farm. 

I will predict right now that there may be just a little bit of mayhem in this one. :lol:couchjump

Congratulations on your new beautiful broodie :confetti  Sadie Rose is a great name.  Looking forward to new Camp Broodie stories!  

Hope, Candy, & Mark aka big moo

<p>Mom to Kyle (Diehard Kyle) & Angel Gracie (KB's Sankey) Foster Mom for AFG

Congrats all around!!!  She's lovely, and every house needs a bit a mayhem to keep it fun!!!  ;) 

I was wondering about her color too.  It will be interesting to see her in a few weeks.  Lilly's spots change every time we brush her it seems, and most of her spots didn't even show up until she was 7 or 8.

Hugs and kisses for everyone at Camp Broodie!!  :kiss2 

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Congratulations to all of you! 

:wub: for those Dodge Em By Design kids.  As a resident of WI, I'm very, very glad that you changed her name. B)

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

1 hour ago, Time4ANap said:

Yes!  All good except for a few minutes last night when Petunia came to me and gave me the "Dad - get her the hell out of my bed look." :lol

She went right to bed last night and let me know at about 5 AM that she needed to go out. Can't ask for more than that from a new girl just off the farm. 

I will predict right now that there may be just a little bit of mayhem in this one. :lol:couchjump

Oh boy :clap Good times! :lol:

Great post-first sleep report!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

21 hours ago, palmettobug said:

3 hours ago, greysmom said:

Congrats all around!!!  She's lovely, and every house needs a bit a mayhem to keep it fun!!!  ;) 

I was wondering about her color too.  It will be interesting to see her in a few weeks.  Lilly's spots change every time we brush her it seems, and most of her spots didn't even show up until she was 7 or 8.

Hugs and kisses for everyone at Camp Broodie!!  :kiss2 

She got a wipe down with a wash cloth yesterday but can't have a bath yet since she has a couple of staples in an injury. Apparently she got into a tussle with another hound at the adoption group's kennel in the day and a half she was there and needed to have staples.    Oddly, Petunia also arrived with staples from a similar incident at the group kennel.  Gang initiations there must be tough. :rotfl

As far as her color, she is considered white with ticking, but in reality is more a combination of fawn, off white and gray with maybe even a little blue in there.  Just a few small ticking areas. I think she's going to appear to be a different color as her farm coat blows out and as seasons change her coat. 

Roman came home kinda dirty (he's white with fawn) and sorta smelly, but he's just kinda smelly now. He had spots/ticking, but boy howdy does he have SPOTS now. I'm guessing the Florida kennel was all shaded and now he gets to sunbathe and all.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Sadie Rose Day 2 Activities: 

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

qmaOs9W.jpg

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

7nBywJ1.jpg

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

uwgDQBN.jpg

And first Milk Bone  - Whot?! Did you think I only sleep? 

3HPTBZs.jpg

Nail trim will be later this weekend - giving her a day or two to settle in. 

Edited by Time4ANap
added info