A Month In To The Greyt Life.

Guest sootsnoot

Guest sootsnoot

Hello! My boyfriend and I adopted our first greyhound on December 2, so not even quite a full month, and if we're being totally honest here... I'm ready for three more. I grew up within a very dog-dependent, dog-centric family and several breeders (scenthounds, heelers, collies, gun dogs), but this is my first dog on my own in a city. We are so glad we stuck with this choice, despite my pull towards the stubborn, primitive breeds. Now, we're spoiled and have packed our bags entirely onto the sighthound train.

Our boy is named Banjo, but his racing name is Jedi Ninjascroll. He never raced (West Virginia), but he's retiring as if he's worked at the same company for 50 years based on the amount of sighs and grumbles he throws my way. He just turned 2 years old Oct. 30, and he's amazing with cats. Our two have adjusted really well to him, even our little ex-feral quickly settled right back in to zoomies and lapnaps. I can't get over the fact that despite not disclosing my obsession with masked fawns, that's what we ended up with. He is so awesome, and we're really excited to see him continue being awesome on our couch.

Some photo tax!

https://i.imgur.com/SwllsJu.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/GAfzytT.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/5e7pGBT.jpg

Welcome and congratulations. Banjo is very handsome.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

That's a really good dog! Congratulations to all of you!

...he's retiring as if he's worked at the same company for 50 years... This cracked me up :lol

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

:wave

We're in Ontario!

Edited by BatterseaBrindl

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Great name!

Handsome boy!

Have fun!

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

• 3 weeks later...

congrats! he is very handsome :kiss2

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

• 2 weeks later...