So Scared It's Osteosarcoma

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so fast I guess - It has been a week and Payton is no better. He is still in severe pain, the swelling is worse and I believe he is coughing blood (I am not 100% positive on this. He had watery blood spots on him and that is the only explanation I can find).

He has another appointment this afternoon. He looked so bad this morning,

61bd4941-fc71-4135-88ca-2d22dbd4b59a_zps

Payton, The Greyhound (Palm City Pelton) and Toby, The Lab
Annabella and Julietta, The Cats
At the Bridge - Abby, The GSD

Oh, no! Still hoping for the best. Let us know what the vet says.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

:hope

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

:hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

It appears to be a massive abscess from the initial puncture wound. He was in so much pain, he actually chewed a hole in his shoulder today. He is in surgery now.

Poor guy. Hang in there, keep us posted. :goodluck

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Just heard from his vet. She said it was much worse than she expected and the infection had spread across his chest and down his leg. She had to put in a few drains and will keeping him tonight for observation. :cry1

Have heard snake bites can get nasty. Sorry that's what happened. Hope surgery goes well & the yuck is fully cleaned out.

Did the vet prescribed antibiotics last week at the first visit?

She is putting on him the "heavy duty stuff" she said.

Hopefully, he will be on the mend now.

:(

Please keep us posted, ok? Hoping the next update is a good one.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Have been following along. Hope this is the worst of it and he can come home soon!

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

I might suggest that you have your vet get a consult from someone that specializes in injuries like this -- maybe a nearby university to make sure that the proper procedures are being adhered to. Snake bites are pretty bad and if I remember right - the tissue might be dying (necrotic) from the venom. Again, my memory is a bit stretched on this but, is similar to spider bites in the reaction.

As some mentioned - antivenom might have helped but, there are so many different types of snakes and each has it own cocktail mix of ingredients in the venom that unless you know which snake, it's not going to help.

Good luck ...

Hang in there Payton. Dr. Rocket prescribes lot of vanilla ice cream when you get home.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life