Beth (B For Beth) 3.19.2006-8.28.2015

PrairieProf

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry. I am also sorry that you couldn't be there. She was not alone though and she knew that you loved her.

Patty,

Mom to Jaxson 5/12/2017

Forever in my heart: Joey 11/01/2007 to 12/06/2018, Scout 11/19/2005 to 07/15/15 and Jack 01/03/2004 to 06/11/2011

I'm so sorry for your sudden loss. I loved seeing Beth's pictures & her adventures - she was a very lucky girl. I'm so sorry it was her time to leave you. Godspeed Beth! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I am so sorry you lost your sweet girl so soon and when you were not there with her. I know the pain your heart feels. A new hound won't replace your girl but it will help you heal and keep your mind busy. I am sure your girl will help you find a new friend. It is the circle of life but sometimes it is a painful journey.

Guest normaandburrell

We lost our first hound a little over a year ago, also at age 9 and a half. He was fine that morning and gone by mid afternoon. We were in shock. Like you, I needed another dog right away and we found one that needed us as well. I feel for you. It will be a tough time ahead, but I hope you find a dog to help you grieve.

For what it's worth, we've lost two greys like that. One was fine in the morning and gone by lunch. The other was just acting very peculiar and it was obvious she was in some pain, but we didn't know where. I thought her's was a reaction to frontline. She died that night. Both had vets that suggested a bleed out of liver or spleen. You could actually see the blood pooling in their body.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Oh, Anne. I've been checking Greytalk since Tuesday, thinking you would post an update. I am so terribly sorry. You are not alone in the tears you've shed since Tuesday. The world has lost a gentle and wonderful soul. I am confident that she is in good hands. You will meet again someday.

She had (has) a literal Facebook fan club that has people who never even met her as members.

I am one of them! Even though my Bernie boy and his half sister Beth never met in person, I've always looked at you and Beth as extended family! And of course I've always enjoyed seeing her pictures on her Facebook fan page.

I have been searching on Greytalk this afternoon trying to find the thread where you suddenly realized that Bernie and Beth were related. I had just recently started posting on GT in late 2010 (we adopted Bernie in October 2010,) and you made a comment in a thread where you realized that they were related! (I found this thread: http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php/topic/265628-limping-question/?hl=%2Bbernie+%2Bbeth&do=findComment&comment=4778104, but even I mention there that I missed your original post. I still can't find it.)

I've never met (online or offline) any other dog who I know is related at all to Bernie. Even though I didn't know Beth, I always thought of her as special.

Again, I am so extremely sorry.

Edited by Laurenbiz

Lauren the Human, along with Justin the Human, Kay the Cat and Bernie the Greyhound! (Registered Barney Koppe, 10/30/2006)

Bernie-signature-400.jpg

Guest OPointyDog

OH NO! I can't believe her name is here! I'm so sorry you've lost your beautiful, special girl. Hugs to you and to everyone who loved her. Know there are many of us grieving along with you - you are not alone.

I am so very sorry that this has happened, and under these circumstances.

Beth was such a beautiful girl and I know how much you loved her.

RIP, sweet Beth. You will be missed so much.

:heart

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

How very sad. :( I'm so sorry for your loss.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I gasped when I saw her name. I am so very sorry you've lost your beautiful Beth. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

{{{{{{{{{{Anne}}}}}}}}}} Your girl was perfect. Perfect. I'm so sorry she had to leave you too soon and too suddenly.

Godspeed, sweetest Beth.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so sorry. There are no words to make you feel better or to express what you must be feeling. Run free sweet girl.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!