R Miss Holley

IndyandHollyluv

My original fearsome twosome, Indy and Holly, are gone now. The end of an chapter for me. Seems so surreal. But here in Remembrance, I would like to share what made Holly so special to me:

IMG020.jpg

I adopted Indy in June 2001; then adopted his half-sister Holly in January 2002. We spent just three weeks shy of ten years together (gotcha day, January 4). Holly had a long, happy, and pretty healthy life. Earlier this year, however, she began to lose weight and in July was diagnosed with protein losing nephropathy. Holly being Holly, she had zero interest in taking medication, did not particularly relish trips to the vet, and eventually turned her nose up at kidney food (and so I home-cooked). I had to make the quantity vs quality of life decision. I opted to let Holly do it her way as it was less stressful for her. While Holly did reasonably well for a while, without her cooperation and/or further medical intervention there was a finite amount I could do.

020_18.jpg

And so the "better a day too soon" came all too soon and suddenly it was that most dreaded day. Time to say goodbye. Where did the years go? Holly was 12-3/4 years old.

Holly was achingly beautiful in a way that is unique to white greyhounds. Petite. Silly. Sensitive. Spirited. Brightness in a dark world. Always gracious. Flew under the radar. Willful. Cockroacher. Sundog. Poop and dirt eater. Year 'round landscaper and professional pothole digger. Had selective hearing. Not much for cuddling. Had the softest bunny fur. Her paws smelled like Fritos. Loved to sing and howl. She had a tail that wagged lightly in no particular direction like a piece of loose cotton clothesline gently blowing in the breeze. Ethereal. Big (or small) game hunter. Holly adored her (angel) half-brother Indy – but also took great pleasure in stalking him like a crouched lioness. Such an enchanting creature.

Holly stalking an unsuspecting Indy026_24.jpg

020_18-1.jpg

Holly and new senior roommate LureIMG025-1.jpg

Holly (butt up!) and new senior roommate ChauncyIMG018.jpg

My beloved angels Indy and HollyIMG025.jpg

But nothing seemed to delight Holly more than being outside. She would lift her sweet face to the sky and inhale all the intoxicating smells the world had to offer. My sniffy dog. The corners of her mouth would curl up ever so slightly in a contented smile. She was happy. She was my girl.

Joie de vivre!

IMG002.jpg

Edited by IndyandHollyluv

What an incredibly beautiful girl.

The pic of her stalking her conehead brother made me smile.

I'm sorry she had to leave.

Godspeed, precious Holley.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Holly. Take comfort in knowing that she is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind. For sure, there is a new star in the sky tonight named Holly.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I am so sorry for the loss of your gorgeous girl.

:grouphug:f_pink

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Oh my, your tribute to your girl brought tears to my eyes. I'm so sorry for your loss. Godspeed Holley.

Edited by JillysFullHouse

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Run free Holly. :f_pink

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I'm so sorry for the loss of your girl. Her pictures made me smile :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Your description of Holley's tail is wonderful. She sounds like a most special girl. I'm so sorry for your loss. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

She was absolutely breathtaking. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I loved that last picture of Holly, outside and happy. I'm so sorry that your pretty girl had to leave you. :grouphug

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

You said it perfectly---she was achingly beautiful, inside as well as out.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Holley.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 What a lovely special girl she was. I wish she could have stayed longer.

Godspeed Holly.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so sorry for your loss. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest PiagetsMom

She was happy. She was my girl.

Joie de vivre!

IMG002.jpg

And, that says it all..........

Holly was a beautiful girl, and so well loved - I'm so very sorry :grouphug

Edited by PiagetsMom