WFUBCC #232 - The Falling Leaves

16 minutes ago, macoduck said:

Elizabeth, this photo is from Punta Gorda. No street name or neighborhood was given.

2b4667d391a793fe36e0b8a5344c26c3.jpg?tl=

Jim Cantore is broadcasting from Punta Gorda (78 deg f), saying the roads are clear but over on Rt 41 there is a lot of debris.

• Sad 1

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Molly, Ma says MoMo and Spirit used to chant a rude litte ditty at her if she suggested that they might wanna go out in the rain. I'll make it tiny so people aren't forced to read the rudeness: Hell no!  We won't go!  You can't make us, oh, no NO!  There was no tune; it sounded kinda like a sport team cheer.  I hope you and Miss Carol Ann found plenty ob lulls for safe peeing. :kiss2  Ma said she saw Miss Carol Ann's FB post that you all were safe. :confetti
Molly, you can't potty in your dog yard until it gets cleared up.  Are you good about pottying on the leash?  I do OK wif that, though I'd rather hab my privacy.  I'm relieved that your home did knot suffer bad damage.  Have you all heard how Michael, Niki, Olivia, and Lilly are doing? 

Zavvi, you a don't fool around wif waiting, I see, and just pee in the house.  That kinda choice would get me shoved our the door too. 

Ma's annoyed wif me 'cus last night I asked to go out to potty at 2:00 AM.  That's knot what annoyed her, since I've trained her to expect 1 night time potty trip.  What annoyed her was that, just as she was about to fall asleep again, I asked to go out at 2:30 too. :evil  And I wouldn't come inside in a timely fashion.  Was I tending to personal business?  Was my tummy unhappy?  Was I on the hunt for something in the yard?  I'm knot telling. :D

Miss Jen, such great additional snacks!  Ma won't gimme any ob the adult beverages and seldom indulges herownself.  However, right now she's going in for a nice stromberry daiquiri.  She finks she's on her last nerve. :rolleyes:  I get some dips and chips!  :chow

Charlie, I' get it now about the previous owners.  You all enjoy the humans butt knot so much the Husky.

Angie, how frustrating that your Mom's new glasses aren't right even after being fixed.  :angryfire

Miss Elizabeth, I'm glad you are safe in Alabama, butt it is hard to be away after the storm passes, hungry for news about your home and friends.  Getting info is extra hard.  :yay for Miss Carm's safety!

I hab meeted Miz Ducky too and she is wonderful person!  :confetti that your friends in FL are OK!

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Oh, if Misser Cantore iz deer, it muss habz been prittee bad.  We do KNOT want to ebber see dat HOOman.

• Haha 1

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Keep in mind, downtown Punta Gorda floods at the drop of a hat.  Some of the YouTube videos are pretty wild. Our neighborhood is flooded but we think even our garage is dry. :goodluck

ETA:  Jim Cantore is in my neighborhood!

Edited by Mercsmom
  • Like 1

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

:goodluck    Looks like the houses are on higher ground.  

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I am shore glad that Molly McPoodlill is AOK iffen a big soggy. And that Jupiter got to a safe place but his house seems to be all good too. Plusalso, eatin in a restyrant! Man, that’s every houndie’s dream.

Nate, you and your Ma are propper southerners, aren’t you? We think MoMo’s chant is hardly rood. Is it your middle of the nite potties that’s pooshed your Ma to the edge? I myownself tried for a two-fer lass nite too! Round 1 am I axed to go out for a poop. And then I was roamin round again at 4:45. My Mistress toll me to go back to bed, so I did. There were no more wild creechoors outside. Mistress is still theenkin cat is the most likely screamer. We lissened to boff cat calls and foxes yessirday and whilst they are shockingly simyoular, we’re going wiff lady cat lookin for love.

Oops, gotta go, Mistress has gotta go innerveen on a call where they can’t seem to unnerstan different time zones. :blink:

Wiki :ph34r

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

We are so glad Miss Carol Ann that you, Molly MdPoodle & your house were not hurt  by Milton. What about your son's family ?  I hope they are OK too.

Mom would have a fit if I bugged her ever nignt to do  middle of the night potties.  I eat my breakfast early, like by 7am. After breakfast I take my walk. I eat my dinner  between 3:30 & 4.  After dinner I take my walk.I get  a very small portion of dinner when mom eats her supper around 6 ish..   at 7ish I go in the yard for last potties. I am in until the next morning. Some very rare times I ask to go outside before my breakfast.

Mss Ducky you are the club's housemother, alright. Thanks for your updates.

:hope for all you have been visited by Helene & Milton

Bitzi who had a  coat on for my walk this am.

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

That sounds like Charleston's peninsula, between two rivers and built on infilled marsh. Add in antiquated drainage and overdevelopment, and you get a soupy mess.

• Like 1

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Elizabeth you need to call Jim Cantore and ask him to autograph your house!!!!  :hehe

• Haha 2

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Hello my Friendlies!!

Partly to mostly cloudings rite now, but we're sposed to clear up later on with temps in the 70s.

We're very very very happy that all of our Friendlies are safe and dry and safe!!!  :yay  :confetti  :yay  :confetti  :yay  

Miss Molly, just poop.  ;)  It makes the hoomins happy!!!  :rolleyes: 

Miss Lizabeth, when are you guys thinking you mite head back to home???  :dunno 

Yes!!!  Miss Ducky we all vote you Official Club Momma by popular akklaiming!!!  :bow  :bow  :bow  

Hmmm...  I do not think my Daddy would be able to figger out what to do if one of us asked to go o-u-t in the middle of the nite.  He mite rememmer to call Momma.  Mite not.  And we'd just get tolded off and hafta go on the floor which would mean more telling off, but - Hey!! - when you gotta go you gotta go!!  :nod  

Sorry your baseballs team gotted beat up Miss Caroline!!  :(  Now Momma says we can all watch from the dugout!!  ;) 

Well, Momma did it.  She upgraded the last old tablit we hadded cause there was a really good deal on the Amazon for Amazon Days on the kinda tablit we just botted in Julai - like, more than $60 off or whatever - so she botted it.  AND a new cover.  And some glass thingies to protect the screen.  AND some new earbuddings.  Still costed less than the original tablit costed!!  But today she's gotta get started on setting everything up.  :dunno 

But that will hafta be later on cause I gotta go give my bloods!!  This will be my 4rf of 5ff time, I think.  Momma will hafta ask.  And I'll get to eat a lotta treatos (duck jerky :chow ) and a whole can 'o foods!!  I don't mind the blood giving part so much, tho I wish they'd just give me the can 'o foods without it!!!  :lol  

That will probly be the onliest thing that gets done today!  :rolleyes: 

Wishings for a thankfull Thirdsday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Our son Michael lives 3 miles from us and his house is fine and family all safe. They are however without power, internet, wifi and have limited cell phone service. If the power outage goes on too long they will probably come over to my house. This is however problematic as their little 14 year old Pitbull/Lab Roxie does not get along with other dogs. She is also unfortunately dying. She has cancer on her spleen that has spread to her lungs and they will have to euthanize her in the next week or so. Tough times for them as the vet says there is nothing that can be done. 

I POOPED! I WHINED AND BARKED UNTIL MAMA GIBBED IN AND TOOK ME IN DA POTTY YARD THAT WAS STILL A LIDDLE BIT SOGGY, BUT WAS MY POOPING PLACE!

MOLLY MCEMPTY!

Edited by cello
  • Like 4

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

6 minutes ago, jenners said:

ETA:  Jim Cantore is in my neighborhood!     :yikes :eek

Miss Jennie

Eggsactlee, Miss Jennie!!!

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge

Good girl, Mollie!!

Chris, you need a title too! You are more than our Club Secretary. Hmmm.

Today was the first day of Greyhounds Reach the Beach in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. So far 3 greyhounds were lost, all found, still waiting on the last one's owner to pop up. The causes? Open gate (probably a rental cottage, no collar-no tags, collar but tag phone number voice box full, collar but tag phone number voice box also full. :rules Grrrrr!

~Ducky, CM

• Sad 1

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I wus dessert! No, wate. Days not rite. I wuz deserted! Mucver had too go too Bostin too see a doktur abowt hur hips. I hadded too stay in da wire boks fereber! 
Sadie honey , it was only 8 hours.

Like I sed fereber!! I wuz a gud gerl, hur gibbd med treetos wen hur getted home.

Sadie Lou hoo sez Muvver haz meeted Miss Ducky an hur is reellee awsum. 

Aljo Atomic Kogo and DC Man of Steal

40 minutes ago, Jenbo said:

I vote Chris becomes director of houndie/animal/hooman culture.

Miss Chris for DHAHC!   

• Like 1

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Absolutely, Miss Jenn!

Been tryin' to reed yer posties and stay up to date wiff Miss Lizabeff's nooze and Miss Carol Ann's nooze and gudniss I hope I did KNOT furget ennywon. Been finkin ob yoo lots and lots and so glad yooze all safe! Juss had no way to tic on accounta me mummy habs been stresst at her werkjob - nuffink nasty, juss eckstreem bizziness and da elevamarator haff KNOT been werking fur a munf so it's been running heer.... runnin dare... runnin' eberyware... putting out IT fires :D 

Den in da eebnink she been deelink wiff a reely sad and ca1a20_2ee527d90e7c47948fb9169e8b907756~ sichooayshin. Her fren's dad and hims wife went to sum backyard breeder and got a greyt pirrineeze poopie. Dese peepuls is absolootly clooless, dey don't understand da first fing about dogs and dog behaviour and refoosed to eben acknowledge dat da poopie had isshooze. Terns out she haff a noorological condishun, KNOT curable and totally avoidable. Ob coorse da breeder is KNOT certified or nuffink. Prolly won't take her back. Mummy's fren's dad and wife haff been at dare cottage in Maine all summer and got her here in Maine and are about to reetern to SC and do KNOT no wot to do wiff her. Dey don't want to keep her, da opshins are placing her wiff a rescue (tried, no luck, also gud luck wiff dat), yoofanizing her, taking her back to SC and trying to find a place fur her dare, or essenshuly dumpink her at a shelter :headwall ca1a20_06f5d96858fb42ba8fa10b635bd4e5d7~ Mummy been trying to speek wiff frends hoo do rescue heer and no won can afford to take her. SHe is also blind in won eye and has a leg probblim. She was tooken to a noorologist and da prognosis is KNOT grate. Mummy and her fren are furiuss wiff dem. Dey're educamated peepuls and shood no better, butt like I sed, day're absolootly clooless. Fings do KNOT look gud rite now and dey want to figger it out afoor dey leef Maine in ONE WEEK! Dey say de journey wood be hard because she gets sick in da car, so wot? Drug her! It's WON trip, wot's da alternatiff? Fur peet's sake. :angryfire At leest dey haff a won-storey house in SC and a big fenced-in yard, dey cood juss werk on finding a home fur her dare.

Moilly McPoodle is now Molly McEmpty! :yay 

Back soon!

Luff,

Lupin

• Sad 2

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Mmmmm...... love chocolate pretzels!

Oh my, Kerry.  What a horrid situation for that dog. And the people.  May sound cruel, but the dog should probably be euthanized.  It has way too many problems and will probably never find a good home, or be tossed from home to home to home.

Hopefully all the flooding abates quickly and Elizabeth can get home  :goodluck

Thankfully our hounds all sleep through the night.  They have last-outs around 9, and a small bedtime cookie.  They don't usually stir until 5:30 am and they will usually 'go lie down'  until 6.  And little Dory has caught on nicely to this routine  :)

I only have 3 more Desk shifts until the last guests check out on Monday morning :yay    Then we'll be going crazy getting the cabins stripped/bedding/towels all washed and dried.  One of the gals will load up most of the beeg comforters (40?) and take them into the laundromat. 

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Da Galoot habs started whining at 0700 cos he hears Nan's kittens jumping around. Mom puts a pillow ober herbs head and makes us wait til the regular time. 

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Kerry, I agree that they made a very bad choice. I constantly see postings for wandering GPs here. People like a white fluffy puppy until it gets BIG.

Carolina Great Pyrenees Rescue for NC and SC on Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/carolinagreatpyreneesrescue/

In South Carolina, but not sure of the location since Rescue Me isn't specific.
https://greatpyrenees.rescueme.org/SouthCarolina

They are located about 30 miles southeast of Charlotte NC. Also serves SC.
https://carolinapyrrescue.com/

Located about one hour NW of Charlotte. Their website ain't that great. And they are located near or in areas damaged by hurricane Helene.
http://pyreneesrescuenc.org/wp/

https://nationalpyr.org/
https://www.barkdogfarm.org/
https://greatpyrenees.rescueme.org/NewHampshire

https://greatpyrenees.rescueme.org/Maine

• Thanks 1

tiny hada siggy.png