The number of toofers Ebbie lost during yesterdays dental :yikes She looks like she went 10 rounds and lost but the ropey bloody discharge has stopped and she is almost back to herownself. Thanks for the suggestion of oatmeal/broth, she can’t get enough of it and I snuck her meds in with it, easy peasy. 

She’s still dangerous tho since the vet left all four canines :lol:

• Sad 1

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Oh, sweet girl, gentle hugs and Smoochies! Greek yogurt is a favorite here, cool and soothing.

• Like 1

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

:eek 

Cal had only her canines. She did just fine once her mouth healed. :) 

Feel better soon, Ebbie. :beatheart 

• Like 1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Ebbie! Good job being brave yesterday and eating your gruel today! You will feel so much better without those nasty toofers. (And I bet you are smelling a little better too, just sayin' :kiss2)

• Like 1

53827132849_248d9686fd_o.jpg

Rachel with Doolin Doodle Dooooo, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our gorgeous, gutsy girlhounds
 Sweep and Willa:heart

Mark lost 10 or 12 in his last dental (I forget the exact #) but he is a completely different dog with all of that pain gone. The vet wants him to do a commercial for canine dental health. 

Ebbie is going to have a new lease on life when her mouth heals.

Ebbie, Mark suggests vanilla ice cream in a week or so when you can handle the cold. It was a favorite prescription of Dr. Rocket's too. :kiss2

• Like 1
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

:eek indeed!  Poor Ebbie.  You'll feel so much better without those bad toofers. Good thing you love oatmeal and broth, you wise girl. :kiss2

• Like 1

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Yogurt, gruel and vanilla ice cream are def on the girl's menu, thanks guys! I know that Ebbie is going to feel sooo much better and she's going to be just fine without her toofers (see: Trevor, Punkin, and our frens here). For sure @ramonaghan she is already giving Listerine Winter Fresh kisses! She rejoined her herd this morning after slurping up and inhaling breakfast noms :lol All good!

• Like 6

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Poor baby Ebbicita!  Milk it (or yogurt it) for all it's worth!  Think of all the delicious soft, smelly things like liverwurst that your mom cannot deny you right now.  

It must feel amazing to have all that trash out of her mouth.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

So glad she's feeling better!!!  :yay  

Kefir is also good for their tummies as a natural probiotic.  And someone said bone broth rather than plain broth gives them more nutrients.  My two don't like bone broth ( :rolleyes: ) because it smells too strongly, but maybe yours are more normal!!  ;) 

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Ebbie, this would be a good time to con your mom into cooking request scrambled eggs. :food

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Ouch!  That's a long dental!  Glad she is already on the mend and more comfortable.  

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I'm guessing her teeth were so rotten, they just came out on their own?

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Dang, I'm outta Likes again, sigh. But thank you for all your support and suggestions for noms! Ebbie is back to being Ebbie, doing her usual pogoing for noms and eating (soft stuff of course) as if nothing ever happened. It's only been two sleeps!

1 hour ago, palmettobug said:

I'm guessing her teeth were so rotten, they just came out on their own?

I’d imagine that a good number of her teeth did just that. Here’s an example of the cesspool that was her mouth. 

IMG-6971.jpg

Kisses are so much sweeter now :inlove

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Patsy said:

Linus would like to point out it is easy peasy to fang your hoomans with just your canines. 

Foster Bella, 13, proud owner of (just) three canines, agrees. She's dinged me a time or two.

• Like 2

Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

45 minutes ago, GreyPoopon said:

Foster Bella, 13, proud owner of (just) three canines, agrees. She's dinged me a time or two.

Snuck that in there, eh? Foster Bella? :rules

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, FiveRoooooers said:

Snuck that in there, eh? Foster Bella? :rules

Well, yes, but she's a kitteh, so I'm not sure the Rulez apply.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, GreyPoopon said:

Well, yes, but she's a kitteh, so I'm not sure the Rulez apply.

Oh, there’s rulez :lol

Lucky foster Bella :wub:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, FiveRoooooers said:

Oh, there’s rulez :lol

Okay. Will find something.

On 9/24/2024 at 11:56 PM, Time4ANap said:

Mark lost 10 or 12 in his last dental (I forget the exact #) but he is a completely different dog with all of that pain gone. The vet wants him to do a commercial for canine dental health. 

Ebbie is going to have a new lease on life when her mouth heals.

Ebbie, Mark suggests vanilla ice cream in a week or so when you can handle the cold. It was a favorite prescription of Dr. Rocket's too. :kiss2

Manny agrees vanilla ice cream is the best. After his amputation, his first car ride was for ice cream (so he would look forward to car rides). We went after every therapy session for two months, and then it became a weekly routine to go to the park and then get ice cream.  We still  go occasionally and he loves it. I still have to spell i-c-e-c-r-e-a-m or he gets excited and jumps ready for the c-a-r-r-i-d-e. 

Here he is graduating from physical therapy last year, and adventuring this summer. I don't know why the second picture is sideways.

MannyGraduation.jpg

Mannyexploring.jpg.f0890f062322796ba56f8603ca05e107.jpg

Edited by rebeccamcl
  • Like 3

Rebecca and Manny