WFUBCC #231 - Dog Days of Summer

Hello my Friendlies!!

It was all over cloudings and cold this morning and the hot air blower furniss keeped coming on!!!  :eek  We had over a haff inch of rainings yesserday, and a bit more overnite, so we got a good bunch for Septimber.  Anyhoo, now it's strting to clear off so we'll have at leest partly sunnings later on.

Momma says we still gots Covid testings from the last batch.  Maybe she should see if they're still good!!  :dunno  She's kinda nerviss tho cause neether she or Daddy has gotted the Covids (yet :hope ) and she doesn't wanna!!!

Everybody in the path of Helene please be safe and warm and dry!!!  This one is looking like it could be pretty seereeyuss.  :eek  

Miss Wiki, we hope your belly gets to feeling more betterer.  :kiss2  Momma says ( :grad ) that hamberglers and Fritsch fries can have a surprising amount of fat in them, and even sometimes a little bite can be too much if you gots a sensitive tummy.  :kiss2 

Miss Lizabeth!!!  :rofl  If Momma wented walking in the rainings here in her flippyflops she'd end up with frozened toes and mud up to herown knees!!!  :lol  :lol  :lol  Only in the Flowereedah I gess!!!  ;) 

Miss Loosy!!  :shakefinger  now you're gonna get all wet moving yourown flowers!!!  Don't hurt your back again!!!  :shakefinger  Momma gotted some daylillies in the mail so she's gotta plant those now.

Miss Cindy!!!  :yikes  Momma says that she would probly be shutting the dog door overnite if that's the kinda naybers you gots!!!  

And, yeah.  If Daddy ever can't get around wiff his walker, and take care of hisown, like, baffroom, needs, or feed hisownseff during the nite there's gonna hafta be some changes made riteawayqwik.  Our house is old, and a wheeliechair will NOT fit throo the doors.  And Momma just says NOPE to doing transfers or helping wiff toiletting.  Unforchunately, she can see that time coming sooner and sooner now.  She feels gilty about that alla the time, but she's getting older too.

Miss Ivy, around us we only ushually see reportings of coyotes or deers or lynxes or even coogars, but not many bears.  Over the winter there was a wolverine moving around the area, but he seems to have gone on further south looking for a home.  

Miss Dory seems to be doing just fine!!!  Mam didja ever find out if she was in a home before coming here from Awstralya???  Or maybe she was a broodmomma??

So Momma's gotta plant her daylillies, but that will probly be the big chore today.  Maybe getting some emergency groshrees.  

Wishings for a thottfull Thirdsday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Hi Ebberywun,

Oh, Miss Cindy, mama finks doze beers are NEET!!

Stay safe all owr frenz in Florida - and stay dry in da Carolinas!!

Andi, mama sez she can unnerstand yur Mama's beleefs on wut can be maintained at homes by a lubbed wunz an wut cannot. She also finks dat if it wuz herownself in dat spot, she wud KNOT want daddyman to habz to do all doze bafrooms stuff fur herbz....  But all so very sads.....

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Just started raining in earnest a leetle while ago. Mom had webinars all moanin, always fun to nap thru.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

I'm not saying it's windy out but.... it was a lot harder to walk back up the street than it was to walk down it.

We lost power for an hour.  Apparently, 30,164 other households did too.  We got power and innerwebs back so I'm happy.  While I baked cookies and cupcakes, I threw together a meatloaf and baked it,too.  I figure worse came to worse, we could eat it cold but the chicken stirfry I'd originally planned wasn't going to work if we had no power.

I saw the cutest :inlove picture of Dory and her hoarde of shoes and toys.  :heart

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Hold on tite, JOOpiter!!!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

16 hours ago, MerlinsMum said:
On 9/25/2024 at 10:53 AM, Jerilyn said:

It is essentially a shower curtain made into a jacket. :lol: I don't know what size I have, but it's huge, which is OK because it goes below my knees. It is not really comfortable and not at all breathable or warm

Hey Jerilyn, don't ever work in sales or marketing :rofl :rofl 

This made me laff and laff.  I'm still laughing, thinking that along with not being comfortable, breathable, or warm, it's not very attractive either.  :lol  Sorry, Jerilyn, but I picture you wandering unhappily in the rain, wondering why you are wearing that.  On another subject, I hope you and Wiki are feeling better.

Happy Birthday, Gino.  You are 10! :yay

I hope everyone near Helene stays safe and dry and with electricity!

Lucy, in my twenties, I had an Army coat like that.  I got it at a Goodwill, and I adored it, even after one of the dogs chewed the corner of the hem.

Yes, we heard about the free Covid tests too!  I think we will get some, since they would be new.

Dory did a zoomie!

Yikes, Cindy!  That is a lot of bears, close-up bears.  And I have to say, I agree about David's son.  :grouphug

Chris and Kathy, I think you have a good understanding of the failing process.  I sometimes don't even think about how our dynamic has changed.  I remember walking the dogs together, sometimes for miles, and enjoying that so much.  The walks gradually got shorter and less frequent, and now I just take it for granted that I'll be walking the girls by myself.  I step in real quickly to do the things I know are hard for him, so he doesn't have to ask, which I think he doesn't like to do.  I think I may have changed some as well.  I used to not call him as much if he was being stubborn or irrational---he's actually always kind of had that tendency (not from getting older), and I didn't question it.  I stand up for myself more now, in a lot of situations.  So we're more likely to have an argument because I didn't just keep my mouth shut.

Right now, he's depressed because he thinks he should be recovering faster.  I have to keep telling him that Covid is serious, and he shouldn't expect that he's going to just bounce back right away.  I just started my 3 night live-in, and I think Doug is actually happy that I'm out of the house!  I'll come back for dinner every day, just to check in with him and the girls.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

:yikes    That hurrycane looks skeery on the weather maps!  :yikes     Be careful eberywon!

Miss Tracey, our dog walker came today to walk us becuz there is a painter here today and Momma wanted to be in the house whilst he is here.   He is bery quiet and is doing a gud job.

We had a nice Wiki Walkie wif Miss Tracey!

Miss Nancy ob the Berg  :grouphug 

Time for our dinner!

Ivy 51033670718_0c81b1b4d2_o.png 

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

1 hour ago, queenwinniesmom said:

This made me laff and laff.  I'm still laughing, thinking that along with not being comfortable, breathable, or warm, it's not very attractive either.  :lol  Sorry, Jerilyn, but I picture you wandering unhappily in the rain, wondering why you are wearing that.  On another subject, I hope you and Wiki are feeling better.

Y'all are missing the last, and most important part of my statement, that funny jacket is 100% waterproof. It's perfect for when you have to stand in the yard in the pouring rain with a dog so she'll go pee. :lol: And those blobs on it are cats. 

I forced myself to eat lunch and I feel better. Wiki seems fine. No more poops.  I gave her a big biscuit earlier and just now her tummy was squeaky so I gave her a small portion of her meat, we'll see how it goes. She's never had a sensitive stomach and has been able to eat anything with no adverse effects, but I realize that can change as she gets older.

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

It habs been raining here, no winds yet. Mom habs an LL Bean jacket, she had to get a men's tall XL to make sure da sleeves were long enuff. 

Mom finks Pusheen iz cute. <_< 

Did you know...there is a legal standard for what is considered "water resistant" for tariff purposes (it's a lower duty rate)? It's for coats and jackets. Our laboratories have a neat-o setup for testing such things.

• Like 1

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

I have both an LL Bean rain jacket and coat. They are both really waterproof. When I got the coat, it came down to the floor on me! Took it to a tailor to have him make it just below the knees. He measured and still messed up! It comes to just above my ankles. It’s actually terrific that length. It has a zip in lining. The jacket it great but the rain runs off of it, right onto my pants! 
Miss Halise 

Aljo Atomic Kogo and DC Man of Steal

Hola houndeez, thees eez Bandito Zavvi. The long legged laydee call me Conan the Deestroyer bekos I find the teeshoo’s in the jacket pocket and shred the pakket. Senor Nate you would be prowd ov me! Eef the long legged laydee geev me an emptee box ov ennee syze I tear eet apart, we do not need a shredder in thees house weeth me livving heer.

ZAVVI, wat ar yu doing heer. We gotta tell ower frendz we howpe the hurrykane Helene duz KNOT bekum a problim fower them. We will be keeping ower pawsies Xxed fower evereewun.

It sownd lyke Dory is settling in well.

I do KNOT fink I wood lyke bearz in mi gaardin.:yikes

Gud nyte Wagz to awl mi frendz,

Nutmeg.

and the Bandito.

• Like 1

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

Hello me freends!

Sounds like Miss Dory iz settling well!

Keep safe to awl my freends habbing a hurricane watch. A werd obs advice, POOP WHENEBER YOO CAN!

Momma-bear iz SO busy wiff herown studying. Awl she does iz werk, walkie and feed us, read and lissen to people on da internet.

Oh and also we awr going to drop Frankie bakk to hisown house tomorrow. Dat's knot too soon, he peed in my sandbox! A troo freend wuld nebah do dat. :bugeye

Yoor troo freend,

Charlie

Edited by locket

23786382928_141eff29e1.jpg
Cynthia, with Charlie (Britishlionheart) & Zorro el Galgo
Captain Jack (Check my Spots), my first love

:balloonparty  Gino

Hmmmm. Perhaps I should check the date on our Rapid Tests!

:eek     Cindy.  That is about 4 bears too many for my liking   :eek

Well, that was not very nice of Frankie  :shakefinger

Hope Jerilyn feels better.  Glad Wiki is eating!

They all had their first 'test' on leaving them all alone.  Pap went over to his BFF and I went to see Patty & Widge.  Kibo & Joshi were baby-gated in the mudroom, which is normal.  Dory stayed in the kitchen on 'her' bed and all was well when Pap came home   :yay     This is very good news because tomorrow morning Pap will be off to Bretts hockey game and I will go ride Patty.

Oh Wiki!  You will be pleased to know that Dory is following your lead  :ph34r

This was the first stash she gathered up whilst I was down in the barn.  Kibo & Joshi were outside. Pap was at his Doc appointment.    Later she got my flipflops.  Paps slippers are a beeg hit.  So far, no chewing.  She just seems to like having them on her bed.    Maybe tomorrow I will give her my old slippers to have while we are gone...

461465733_10232335812558828_4460570674315194523_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg&_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=127cfc&_nc_ohc=-Ulfzi-yfFEQ7kNvgFWUNkQ&_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.xx&oh=00_AYBh4MTu7EIE43_g_DLkyV5MhcvD5Dj4heNhK0D5hywd8w&oe=66FBC491

Hope that Elenore behaves herownself tonight....

• Like 3

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I hope you all stay safe and healthy, I have tomorrow off and a long weekend.

If you have the extra energy/time/inclination, please send good vibes for a new job for me. It's time for me to move on to something less toxic. 

• Like 7

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

Gino it is my birthday too & I was 11. Mom says keep them coming to me & I wish the same for you.

Cindy 4 bears to many for me.  When I had a place in the mountains I always had to check before living the house. 

All you Floridians, Carolinas  I hope Helene doesnt stay long or do any damage. We are only suppose to get rain periods , nothing heavy or serious.

Well I say good night alll, I have my paws crossed for you safety

Bitzi 

• Like 1

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

:lol Dory? AnnIE says you are doin’ it rite! :yay

:beatheart

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Sints she was worn out she got Culver’s for supper. I had 3 frentsch fries and a tiny bite of hamburgler. Did that cause my prollems? Were we poisoned?      You can visit this site      https://iwaspoisoned.com/     to see if a specific restaurant or store has been reported. I sometimes read the site for laffs (really!) because over and over you see someone write something like "every time I eat at this place I get sick" or "the food smelled weird but I ate it anyway" or "food looked sketchy but I went ahead and tried it" :rolleyes:

Sorry, Jerilyn, but I picture you wandering unhappily in the rain, wondering why you are wearing that.      :rofl

:b-dayBITZI!!!

Miss Jennie

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

:confetti HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS BITZI AND MISTER GINO!!!!  :confetti  

Be safe everybody!!!  :candle

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants 

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

:coffee Good morning!

I just saw that the Hurrycane hit the curve ob Florida as a Category 4.  :cry1   Sending :hope to those poor peeple who are there.

Ivy 

Edited by Potomacpupsmom

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

We are here!  It was a wild and woolly day and night.  I kept everything fully charged and watched videos (iPad and bone conduction headphones) nearly constantly to distract myself.

It's still fairly dark out but I can see the driveway FULL of water and what looks to be a high water mark nearly up to the front door. But, my kumquat is still standing.  I'll know more when it's daylight and we go for a walk.  The challenge will be footwear.  I'll need high rubber boots to get across the driveway but I can't "walk" in them.  I'll have to carry my shoes and change footwear on someone's dry doorstep.  Fortunately I have quite a few neighbors who are away for the summer and they won't mind my borrowing. ;)

I'm afraid to look to see what havoc Helene caused in the panhandle.  Those poor people. :hope

I wish Carol Ann would check in soon.

Bitzi, did you have a nice birthday?

• Like 4

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

We are all fine here. Lost power for literally one second! We didn't even have much rain until late last night. Wind was more gust than constant. Of course today is a day I have to be up early and drive 35 minutes to sub at my school! Good thing I remembered to dig out my raincoat! Hope everyone else has stayed dry and powered up!

Carol Ann.

• Like 5

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.