WFUBCC #231 - Dog Days of Summer

Back'n'Forth continues

Widget and the kidlet had a fabuous show.  Pinned in both classes with wo thirds ( and $60). I think there were 8 in the classes.  WhoozaGudBoi?!?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Hey Halise!  I got to see Klair and Brad today. They were camping in the area and we all met at Carol G's house (PIttsburgh Nancy's friend). Five galgos in the house. Eek! Can you guess which one misbehaved?  :rofl

• Haha 1

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Ivy is finally home.  She was glad to see us.  We moved her crate downstairs since she is not supposed to do stairs. She still refuses to eat, but she drank a whole bowl of water when she came in!   She has a JP drain ( a type of negative pressure drain) that I  need to tend to every 4 hours.   She also has a cone of shame but was not wearing it when they discharged her.  She refused all her meds and I tried every trick I knew.  I even used the cool pill shooter the tech gave me but she would cough them up and spit them out.  I did put them in with wet dog food and used grated cheese and she did eat a tiny bit of that .  I believe a couple of the meds went down with it.   Very frustrating!   Hopefully she’ll be better in the morning after a night at home. :goodluck 

Kathy

• Like 5

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

So glad Ivy is home and drinking water like a good girl! I hope you all have a restful night (despite the drain-tending wake-up call). You must be exhausted.

Sweep never wanted to eat at the vet's office or after surgery, but oatmeal and boiled chicken are what finally got her going again. Canned cat food works well for pills. Hopefully Ivy will be back to herownself tomorrow though! 

53827132849_248d9686fd_o.jpg

Rachel with Doolin Doodle Dooooo, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our gorgeous, gutsy girlhounds
 Sweep and Willa:heart

Kathy, see if you can find these. There are s few flavors. You mold them around pills. They are great! I got them for Sadie from Anazon and. Hewy. 

Miss Ducky, glad you met up with Klair and Brad! Hmmmmm could it have been precious little Amelia?????

IMG_0123.jpeg

Aljo Atomic Kogo and DC Man of Steal

Plus also, stinky, stinky cat food is almost always chosen over (PTUI!) dog food. :P

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

1 hour ago, boopieface said:

Miss Ducky, glad you met up with Klair and Brad! Hmmmmm could it have been precious little Amelia?????

Barkbarkbarkbark. She and Quique will be staying with Carol when Brad and Klair to go Arizona in November. They are just the sweetest people and I wish I had Claire's energy. She always talks about you and Martha. :heart

Kathy,  maybe Ivy's throat is sore inside. Wet food and less of it until you can determine if she ate her meds. I sometimes have to use a pill crusher (on those that can be crushed) to encourage slurping up the meds and food together. 

• Like 1

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

What Miss Ducky said!  Her poor throats probly still all swollen up inside and she needs a more liquidy thing to go down easier.  :kiss2  Try and not stress too much.  It just takes pashents.   :nod

But everybody is glad she's home safe and sound!  :yay :yay :yay

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants 

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Gud sunnee morning frendz. We ar ha pee to heer that Ivy iz home. Feel betta suun Ivy.

Nutmeg and the Bandito.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

:coffee Good morning!

Ivy had a good night.  I checked on her multiple times during the night to check and empty her drain.  This morning there is hardly any drainage!

Thanks for the food recommendations.  I guess I’ll check out getting some cat food!  And the puppy ice cream is a great idea- I have Frosty Paws in the freezer.  I am sure her throat is sore from being intubated twice and from the surgery itself.  I also have her pretty flowered plate out  for her small quantities of food.  I appreciate all your input!

Kathy 

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

That's what I wanted to greet me this morning; news of Ivy's homecoming.  I'm so glad. :colgate

I won't offer more advice on pills as you have plenty of expert advice.

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Well that's good news to read at the crack of dawn 🥰

I travel back home today. Goldie's car service will get me to EWR (I hope) and the rest is up to Delta 

Some bakandforthing for Ivy and her meds.  

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

It's travel day for me, too.  I woke up at 5:00 with too much pain in my hip to stay in bed. (This does not bode well for travel comfort.)  I slapped some Lidocaine on it and will follow up with Volterin after my shower.

I feel true guilt at leaving Richard.  His knee started acting up again and I've been unable to find a dog walker.  I have a neighbor who will check on him (and maybe offer to walk Jupe) and others on the lookout for him.  The nurse next door, who would walk Jupe, is out of town.  Jupiter, also, has been following me from room to room (more than usual). ca1a20_e9f6c83fb4554c31a4e4b56800204dde~  I shall miss my boys.  That said, I am desperate to get away for a few days and be alone.

Patsy, safe travels. :wave

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Good news about Ivy    :coffee   

Hope you can get her to eat.  I just shove pills waaaaay down the throat.

Anther foggy morning, heading into a hot day.

Safe travels to Patsy and Elizabeth.

I am aiming to ride Patty lightly, as we did hard work yesterday.

This afternoon I will be one small leg of a GUR.  The owner of a Saluki in Ottawa has passed away and his new home is on the other side of Toronto.  I will get him from Kingston to Belleville.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Best morning wakeup to see that Ivy is home and had a restful overnight :yay Keep it up, girlie :kiss2

:grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Glad to see that Ivy is home!  Since she needs food regardless of the pills, maybe prime the pump (so to speak) with soft scrambled eggs with some sprinkle cheese mixed in?  Hand feeding has been helpful here, too, when eating has been an issue. 
Of course, naps when she naps sounds like a plan!  
I hope she bounces back quickly. Did I miss what the vet said about her labs?  

safe travels, Nancy!  

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Stinky cat food worked!  :yay :yay :yay   She gobbled it right up!   I gave it to her on her pretty flowered plate in small amounts and then hid her pills in a later plateful using the Wrap-a-Pill that Caroline recommended many pages ago and she took them too!   She especially likes Fancy Feast Tuna Appetizer and Friskies Pate.   Who knew?  :dunno She usually has a very discerning palate!  :lol:   Cindy, I think I will try the scrambled eggs too with shaky cheese.    And of course Frosty Paws later too.

Thanks so much!   The pharmacy had to order the Aminocaproic acid (Amicar), but I wasn't surprised at that.  It will be in tomorrow.   It of course costs over $400 for 21 pills that were ordered, but the pharmacist looked for a discount she could give me and found one that was $45 off.   I'll take it!  I asked if Ivy could get a senior discount :lol but they didn't have one.   Ducky, she is also getting the Yunnan Baiyao capsules twice a day, so I am not panicking about the Amicar not being immediately available.  The ER vet last night said it really works well and they do not know why.

OK on to other people's dramas!   Cindy, how is the homefront going with Lacy and Gabe?  Is Fizzy dealing with it or is she still the fun police?  

Have a safe and fun GUR Nancy Mam!   And safe travels to Patsy and Elizabeth!

Ivy and Cherry say Hi!

Kathy

• Like 6

GUd nawt Suunnyday, but cool and breezy! Yay, Ivy, we are glad yoo had a gud nite and liked dat stinky cat fuds. 

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Yay for Ivy eating and getting her important medication :yay 

What is it with hounds and stinky cat food? :blink: No. Wait.  I don't think I want to know. :sick

I just packed.  I had loads of room in my suitcase.  I will pack some food (apples, kind bars, etc.) but that won't take up much room.  I will NOT pack a bunch of "in case" items.  I won't. I won't. I won't!  ca1a20_a2566d91acb046e4b87c5a68e51126ac~ I've been very good.  The only "in case" I have is first aid and a spare set of prescription glasses.  star-smile-transp.png

Elizabeth, congrats on KNOT packing "in case" stuff!  I am trying hard to stick to that myownself. First time is the hardest but when you realize the sky won't fall ......

Linus sez be nice about his beloved Friskies Pate (remembering he only has his canines). There is a new salmon one which is the only thing he has ever turned his nose up at. Maybe it would qualify as "xtra stinky"?

PS.  First aid kit and backup glasses aren't "in case" items but legit necessities. 

Edited by Patsy

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Ivy's home and Miss Kathy has discovered that she's a cat food junkie!  :yay  You have to love finding something that piques the delicate appetite. :heart
The honkologist who treated MoMo prescribed those
Yunnan Baiyao capsules, so it seems that lots ob wise vets are aware that they help. :nod
Ivy, I hope you are gonna get rid ob that drain and that you'll begin to feel much better today. :kiss2

Safe travels Miss Patsy and Miss Elizabeth. 
Miss Elizabeth, enjoy your time seeing home and thrifting and being on you own time.  Mister Richard will surely rally and Jupiter will help him.  They'll manage fine. :kiss2
Miss Patsy, I bet you had a great trip to New Jersey and now you're gonna be back home!

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Hello my Friendlies!!

Cloudings then clear then more cloudings then clear again.  Maybe showerings.  Who knows anymore???  It's nearly Fall in Oreegun!!!  :rofl  

Waking up to good news about Miss Ivy eating her kitteh fuds and taking herown pills!!  :confetti   Small meals more offen, Miss Kathy!!  How did her leggie sergery turn out taking off the sarcoma???  And what did the vetamarian say about her bloodwork???

Safe travelings to Miss Ptasy going west and Miss Lizabeth going north!!!  :wave 

Momma says anything that you need for spurting blood or to see strait with a perskripshun is NOT a "just in case" pakking thing!!!  Anything you can buy more of where you are going doesn't need to have extra pakked.  You're not going to Ant-Arktika!!  ;) 

Miss Cindy that was a TERRIBLE non-update about The House of Whippets!!!  :bugeye   :shakefinger  We need more info and more pichers!!!  <_< 

Mam we sawed the pichers of Mister Widget Ponee and his kidlet on the FB!!  They look good together!!  Have fun riding Miss Patty Horsie!!  How was the Memorial for your friendlie yesserday??

More nuthing going on around here.  I don't mind too much as long as I got my couch and get my meals on time!!!  :shakefinger 

Wishings for a sanktified Sunnyday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Hi! Hi! Hi!

I’m so glad to see that Ivy is home and ate sumthin and is gettin her medisin. Keep healin up, girl! :thumbs-up

Good job Widge and kidlet! :clap

Ha! My Mistress is always a “just in case” packer. But then she is always vary happy when she has what she or a trabbel companyon needs.

I hadda go in the wire boks lass nite cause my Mistress went to a Oktoberfest. But there was reelly nuthin Oktoberfest bout it cept one of the truck foods was German so she did eat a schinitzel. But it’s a reel nice comoonity place she ain’t bin to before and it was lubley weather. It is also No Dogs Allowed. :angry:

I’m headed for the wire boks again today cause Mistress gots a zoomobile. Thin is, there’s a football game going on and the place where the zoomobile is gonna be is like 1  mile from the stadium, on one of the exact streets that boarder it. :wow Our house is on the other side. And she’s gotta be there at 3:00 whitch is juss bout when the game will end. Streets will be closed and clogged on the two easy routes. She hopes she can get thru on the long way and doesn’t have to go the long long way or the long long long way. Oh boy it’s haff time already, the game is going fast. That’s not good for her. And it’s 88 petigrees :blink: and the zoomobile is outside in a church parkin lot. But there’s no event on the church’s calendar so she don’t even know what this thin is. I’ll be home in the chilly airs wiff a peanut budder bone and a fan. :D

Wiki  :ph34r

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).