WFUBCC #231 - Dog Days of Summer

Gud eevning frendz.

Well Zavvi showed us upp tuday by looking to be frendz wiv ower naybour then snapping and barking at hur. Mum finks it iz bekos he smelled hur flooffee doggie Buddy on hur and he haytez Buddy. Mum waz reel embarrass as she let him go to mayke a fuss ov the naybour ‘cos he wantid to see hur. Then, to reellee spoylt the waak he didda wee on mi nose, or I put mi nose down too klose to him!

Mum jusst rely on the munflee staytmint that kum frum hur Bankz. Mowst ov the howsehold billz and charitee donayshunz ar payed bi Direkt Debit. She getz cash froo Cashbak frum the soopamarkit wen she go shopping and pay bi Debit Kard. Onlyne shopping yusyullee dun froo PayPal. Abowt the ownlee tyme she yuse hur chequebook is to pay fower hur art klassis. Any fing eltse iz telefone banking to transfer munneez.

I yam sorree littul Missr. Peabody hadda nasstee turn. I thottid he waz doing mutch betta.

Miss. Ducky gotta itchee doggee tu. Zavvi hadda fyoo dayz ov itchyskratching but Mum kood KNOT fynd ennee fleez or enneefing on him. Now he eeting awl fishee fudz and Mum wonder iffn it lamb treetz he waz havving so she gonna try introdoosing diffrunt fudz wun by wun, leeving lamb to the last.

We had bunnee eerz chews on Sunneday ‘cos Otto duz KNOT lyke them. I wayte until Zavvi choowed hiz wun soft then I finish it off. :lol
Nutmeg wivva kleen snoot now.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

Jerilyn, I think I forgot to tell you that, last night there was a most spectacular sunset over Lake Michigan as I was waving in the direction of Green Bay!

I can’t wait for Gabe day tomorrow! :bounce8 

Kathy 

• Like 1

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Hello me freends!

I habs been away fur long, we ware on holiday wiff momma-bear! We wentid to a cottage wiff momma-bear, herown sisser and dog (Aku, owr cousin) and momma-bear's parents. Dey been married fur 35 years, so it wuz a holiday in fambly to celebrate! I wish I can stay married wiff momma-bear fur 35 years too!

Da cottage wuz dog-freendly and dare wuz even beds fur us! We broughtid owr own, butt me doofus brodder tried da small bed dare, eben ifn da big bed wuz free!

457615200_10164178205939478_681649747370

Usually, Zorro del galgo wuz found in da papasan

458417350_10164178210969478_890538818071

I did knot try it as I wuz afraid to fall.

We did a fire too and I gottid a marshmallow (knot cooked) :chow

We awr very tired now

Yoor freend,

Charlie, born to not be wild

• Like 5

23786382928_141eff29e1.jpg
Cynthia, with Charlie (Britishlionheart) & Zorro el Galgo
Captain Jack (Check my Spots), my first love

Awwww.... hope little Peabody's meds get fixed and he's feeling better.

Oh! Gabe's GUR is getting organized  :yay

:shakefinger Zavvi

Mmmmmm Marshmallows :chow

I don't balance a cheque book anymore either... everything is on-line. available 24/7.   All our monthly bills are debited directly from the accounts. I write a cheque for our annual House insurance.  I etransfer my board for Widge & Patty.  And the gal who owns Bella etransfers me.  Widge's kidlets Mom etransfers me.    I pay cash to my farriers and Patty's massage gal. (who is coming tomorrow  :) )

Hope we get some news about NooCarol soon.  I mailed her another card to the rehab place last week, just in case the first one doesn't get sent over there.

Here's a couple of pics from yesterday's hack...

458273344_10232083185203302_675836359143

458124753_10232083185683314_278793559472

• Like 3

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Aww, Zorro, yoo are berry devilish! 

Mizz Ducky, lukks like dat soap iz owt ob production, but Mom's friend habs used Burt's Bees stuff az well. Habs yoo tested for a yeast infection ON NOAH'S SKIN, GET DOES MINDS OWT OB DA GUTTER.

• Haha 3

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

I think Little Mister Gabe's GUR isn't till NEXT Windsday!!  The 11th I think Miss Cindy said. 

Aaawwww!!  Lookit Miss Patty Horsie out walking in the wild bloo yonder!!  Hi Mam!!!  :wave

Mister Charlie gotted marshmellows!!  :chow Somebody we used to know here on GT always used this papasan cooshuns for houndie beds.  Just laying on the floor, not in a chair thing.  I bet you all hadded a great time!!

Miss Nancy I bet you are so essited about your trip!!  :pepper

Momma says THANKS! for alla the opinyums about the checking book thing.  It's really bugging her to think about not doing it, but it really doesn't make any difference one way or anuther.  And she'd much rather she didn't hafta worry about doing it alla the time.

Let's see...

I got to play with the pole.  Momma putted out the garbige and cleaned out the bird seed feeders.  She did a load of lawndries cause she needed unnerwears.  :dunno And we gotted emergency groshrees.

Now we are just napping affer dinner and Momma is reading.

Later Gaters!!

AP - with a full tummy sleeping upside down!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Hello! Tis me, Lupin! Wonce again I yam juss runnink froo ca1a20_d5a01edcacc44aefbe9c061740a3de75~because dissiz da furst week ob classes at da unibersity and mummy haffs lotsa peepuls to halp, inclooding lots ob noo fresh-faced furst yeer law stoodints. She is trying to keep her hed above water because she's da only IT support fur hunnreds ob peepuls rite now butt so far she is ok, juss going try to keep her pace steddy and do as much as she can. She haffs been werried about me leg, to recap I got tooken off da Metacam because it giff me blud in me poos, den I had to wait, den I got Carprofen, and I been better butt sumfink still didn't seem rite. And now dis afternoon mummy looked at me futs fur da 2,000th time and guess wot. She finks I haff a corn on da fut attached to me arfuritic leg. Sigh. Well I am going to da vet next week. 

Hope we get nooze about Miss Noo Carol soon :goodluck 

And dat Miss Kathy and Misser Jim are haffink a grate time :yay 

and I am sendink luffs until I can tic properlee again

Oh yeah, Charlie, mummy swooned at dat second photo ob yur galgo brudder, butt I agree wiff yoo, he's a totul doofus, hoo lies on a teeny tiny bed when yoo can haffs da big won? :huh :youcrazy 

Lupin

Pee ess Wiki, Wiki! I tried yur fing! I bonked mummy on her noggin reely hard and she got heddake. Am I cool houndie now?? :gmark 

Lupin B)

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Confirmed! Carol has been getting our cards!

Her friend says she really lights up and laughs at hearing about what all of you and your hounds are up to. Please keep the cards or notes coming!

Although she is slowly improving, she won't be going home anytime soon.

Select Specialty Hospital
1731 North 90th Street
Kansas City, KS  66112

attn: patient Carol Nioce

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

We had bunnee eerz chews on Sunneday ‘cos Otto duz KNOT lyke them.     Um ... were they real bunny ears :ohno ?

Miss Jennie

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

Thanks Miss Ducky!!

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants 

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Sorry Miss. Jennie, they are dried, hairless bunny ears, like hide chews but long, thin and rather gross, as are most of the dog chews using up animal parts.:(

M.”E”.C.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

10 hours ago, BatterseaBrindl said:

Mmmmmm Marshmallows :chow

Yes, I see that yummy marshmallow. :blink: Oh wait.  That's Zorro del Galgo. :hehe   I always wondered if papasan chairs were just right for houndies.  Now, I know. :nod

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

It is a rather brisk 9C    :coffee

Yay! NooCarol is getting our mail.  I’ll look for another card this weekend. 

I’m going to ride Patty before she gets her massage.  Then I’ll be at the Desk from 2-7.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

Gud fall like Woesday! How come we nebber get nice wedder on da weekends?

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

The humidity is killer this morning.  We have a rare Wednesday without Project Linus so Jupe and I had a longer walk today.  

Remember how I did "all" the chores Monday?  I made a lasagna then so I don't have to cook tonight. :yay  I'm taking myself shopping and to see the new Deadpool movie.  popcorn_1f37f.png

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

We are so happee dat we houndies can briten up Miss NOO Carol!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Good Morning 

Last night when we tried to join the club Mr Computer said the site was temporarily down.  Did any of you experience this ?

I am glad Miss New Carol is getting our cards but sorry to hear she wont be going home anytime soon.

Zavi why are you so nice/ nasty at the same time.  Take a page from Nutmeg's book & copy it.

Happy sailing  Misses Kathy & Carol Ann

Bitzi enjoying another beautiful weather day 

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

Bitzi we agree dat Nutmeg habz gud pages in himz book!

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge

Thanks for the Noo Carol update Miss Ducky!

Charlie & Zorro del galgo, it looks like you had a nice vaycayshun.

And Miss Mam and PattyPonee had a nice ride. You got purkle pants?

Zavvi, we was givin you a fair chance to be our friendly, but iffen you’re gonna be livin up to that chawawa image, I don’t know…. Be nice dood!

Miss Kathy, we were confoosed by the hollyday and by the time we waved at your boat it was already gone. But there was a spektakular sunset Monday, I’m glad you gots to see it.

Oh Lupin, you bashed your mummy? What boney part of you didja use? Does she have bump or broose today? Mistress never got neither but still iffen she touches the spot I bashed it hurts. :blush

We got yelled at on Wiki walkie today cause I went peepee. :rolleyes: Sum lady yelled out her door, “Don’t let your dog pee in our yard. We don’t even let our dog pee in our yard.” :unsure :blink: Now that just raised a lotta questions we would have liked to ax but my Mistress juss kept her mouth shut and on we marched. Where we live it seems like 75% of houses have dogs. There are prolly 10-15 dogs walkin past her house every day and given how I was sniffsniff, I was not the first to leaf my mark. ;) There are three houses on our routes that have No Dogs signs on the curb. Mistress makes shore I honor those requests. We figger everybuddy elts don’t care.

Wiki :ph34r

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

It is a beautiful sunny day here with low humidity.  Was 45 degrees this morning! Had to wear leggings and a sweatshirt and my hands were cold on our walk!  We also missed the bear by about 45 seconds - that is a little closer than I would like, especially since the area is sparsely populated.  I imagine that we actually walked past him as we had been around there about 6 minutes earlier.  Lacy was all freaky at one spot and in hindsight she must have smelled him.  Trying to decide how to handle this as our walking routes in the morning are very limited.  The other direction is not nearly as nice and there are several lonely people that way that just want me to stop and yak for 15 minutes and I just do not have the time in the morning.  Telling them that does not stop the chatter and I feel bad walking away while they are talking but what are you going to do.  SO while I was typing this, I looked up and 

458303367_8570281263005357_8567638918500

I am not convinced it is the same one we saw before but it doesn't make sense that we would have more than one.  I opened a window and yelled at him but he could not have cared less.  Lacy saw him too and raced outside, barking her head off.  He left rather quickly.  Never a dull moment around here!  

Oh, I did take a picture of the earrings

458392602_8570235546343262_2797595982454

Jerilyn, I have been yelled at before, too.  It really gets annoying when I am not on anyone's property.  A couple years ago, a man threatened me when Facy peed by a stop sign.  :blink:  Everyone avoids this guy because he is a jacka$$ and is well known to be that way.  His grandfather lives about a mile from us and is the nicest man.  His grandson - ugh.

Glad to back to school week is not as bad as it could be, Lupin!  How are you doing in the afternoons with the littler ones?  

The girls had their professional photo shoot debut yesterday.  Lacy did great; Fizzy not so much but that was expected.  She isn't very extroverted.  

Ugh.  Lacy is now on hyperdrive after the bear and I need to distract her as she is all over the place, tearing things up. 

Have a good day!  

• Like 3

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Wiki we had a neighbor like that person .who doesnt want you  or her dogs to go on her lawn.   Mom tries to keep us left so we walk between the sidewalk & curb,  which is really public space.One time when just walking by she yelled at mom when lots of people were outside.  Mom found out where her dog went it was after dark, off lease & she  didnt pick it up. So mom yelled her name & said her dog just went on so & so lawn & mom would stay there so she could come down & pick it up.  That woman didnt bother mom anymore.

Miss Ducky we forgot to say thanks for the Miss New Carol update.  DId you get to talk to her ?

Mom looks at the bank statement  & her checking account each month . She pays more attention to the credit card statement  being right.

Kind of noisy around here this am.  They are going to repave our street. So this big machine is grinding up the old street.  Lots of noise & the street is closed . We are in for the day.

Bitzi who doesnt drive so I dont care.

Edited by sabrina

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

Oh, Miss Cindy.....dat iz a beautimous beer!

Wiki!! Eggsactlee...all sorts ub qweschins.  Iffn her doggee can't go in her yard an she duz KNOT fink doggeez shud go in udder peeples yards, den she muss habz a doggee wif a reel beeg tinkle tank - or who noze how to yuse da hooman tinkle holder.

Charlie, what a nice fambily celebration trip you and Zorro had.  Ma laffed at him in that tiny bed! 

Zavvi, you didn't cover yourownself wif glory did you?  Snarking at the nice neighbor. :shakefinger  Humans, weirdly, don't like that. :D

Mam, what a lubly hack you had wif Patty and friends. :yay

Lupin, I'm sorry your leggie and foot too now are still causing worry.  I sure hope the vet finds somefing to help. :kiss2  Poor Miss Kerry, wif all those stoodents and faculties to help all on her lonesome. :grouphug

Hab fun shopping and at the movies Miss Elizabeth!  What a great day. :yay

Bears on your walk and in your yard, MIiss Cindy. :eek  Unnerving.

Miss Caroline, we are all in awe ob the way you managed that rude lady. :bow2

Nate

Nancy of the Burgh, I have a query for you about in-home pet sitting. One of the vet techs is going to stay in home with Nate and the cats at the end of the month while Ann and I go to Virginia.  We've never had in-home pet sitting and I'd love to know what kinds of things help the arrarngement work well from the sitters perspective?   The sitter is coming by this afternoon to talk about routines and feeding, etc. TIA  Lucy

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Hello my Friendlies!!

It started off with cloudings and cool this morning, but we're gonna end up in the mid 90s!!  And tamarrow is gonna be HAWTTER!!!  :yikes  I do NOT like this weather!!!  :bugeye 

Miss Cindy we think those earrings are gonna look great with the dress and your hair and everything!!!  :thumbs-up  Sorry about the bear, tho.  There should be somewhere to report a bear that's getting habituated towards peeples  - like the Fish & Wildlife Division or something???  That's what they want us to do here when bears are encroaching on peeple places.  :dunno  Then they come and trap em and relocate em, unless they are too familiar, then they can't.  :(  So is it this weekend that Mister Kevin is getting married???

She also hears you about naybers wanting to talk.  Every time she's gotta work in the frunt yard there's always peeples who wanna chitchat.  Lots want to ask about Daddy since all the naybers know him from when he was walking, and Momma struggles with how to answer, cause it's not good news.  :(  And with them standing in frunt of OUR house, it's harder to just walk away!!!  ;)  

Miss Bitzi, that road working sounds just horrible!!!  Who wants to lissen to that all day???  Hope they don't take as long as you think!!

Mister Zavvi.  :(  sigh...  just sigh...  Be better little dood.  :shakefinger 

Mister Lupin, I gots a corning on my stoopid broke leggie too.  It doesn't really bother me, I gess, but we don't walk around like you and Miss Kerry do.  :kiss2 

Miss Wiki that lady musta been having a bad day.  Sorry you gotted yelled at.  :kiss2  We feel really lucky, cause everybody that walks in our nayberhood is really good about picking up poops.  No body cares much about pees, I gess.  A long time ago there was one famly that would never pick up affer their *noomeruss* dogs that they walked alla the time.  Then, one nayber went affer em and picked up alla the poops, and then leeved the whole bukket on their frunt porch (along with a bag of pikking up bags), and that seemed to solve the ishoo.  ;) 

Miss Lizabeth, how did your Toozday morning go???  This was the first day with the new chef dood???

Miss Kathy, Momma says if you got unlimited data for your cell fone you should just be able to turn the wifi button off and use your data for connecting any time you are away from the wifis.  But doing that does use up a LOT of data, so only use it if you don't got to pay extra for it.

We are getting Wendy's delivered today, I think.  Daddy wants some chili and a baked potato.  We mite get some chikken nuggets!!!  :chow  

Momma has decided she's gonna try and not get freeked out by not balancing herown chekking book.  We'll see how long that works!!!  :rofl  Wish her luck!!

We are mostly gonna be hibernating from the hawts for the next three or four days.  The teevee mens are saying we mite get showerings NEXT week.  Me and Momma just want it to be, like, 72 degrees, with mostly sunnings, and a little breeze to keep the bugs away.  That's perfekt weathers!!

Wishings for a wakky Windsday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

Andi!   Come on over!  We have exactly the weather you want up here :)

:omg   Cindy  :wow

We have no neighbours walking past.  Ever. Thank goodness! 

Patty had her massage this morning and she was soooo good.  She normally has several hurty spots on her glutes and does knot like having them worked on.  But I have been diligent with massaging them and using the Volterin that finally - after a year of being in worked on once a month - she is better :yay   The massage gal and the Vet are pretty sure she had a foal (or 2) when she was living in the wild herd.  Sad.  

So…..I’m at the Desk this afternoon and we are having a very, very sad day here at the Inn.  Our wonderful, wonderful prep/dishwasher guy has passed away yesterday.  His wife is our main breakfast cook/baker.   She found him dead when she got home yesterday afternoon.  He was old (80) , but just a fabulous fellow and long-time employee who will be missed.

• Sad 5