WFUBCC #231 - Dog Days of Summer

Fanks fur da update on  Miss Sherrie, Miss Jen!

Luk at doze piggeez...

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Miss Sherrie I am sorry about your sore fingers.  Than cloud that hangs over you doesnt ever leave , does it?

Flizzie how is the limp this  morning ?  Gone I hope.

Not as nice as earlier this week but stiil nice so I think I will ask to go outside & sunbath

Bitzi

• Like 1

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

A piggy party!  Why am I knot there?

I can’t be a toy flanger.  My toys are for super chewers and are heavy.  
Thanks for updates on Miss Sherrie.  And I hope it was just too much fun for Flizzie.

I don’t know what corns are but it don’t sound like a good time.  
Piggy Piggy Pork Chop who had an Ana day yesterday.

• Like 1

Any snack requests? mom sez sorry for the delay

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

I'm sure you'll all be thrilled to receive an update on my computer saga.  That's typed in the sarcasm font. :D  When I unboxed the laptop there was a repair summary enclosed in which they said they had replaced the disk drive--no reimagaing/factory reset!  :yay   That means that all my setup and data are still there!  :confetti  Apparently the fellow at Lenovo with whom I spoke was wrong.   This repair is what I thought needed to be done, so I'm even a bit optimistic. Such relief!

• Like 6

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

I just made some oatmeal cookies and almond cookies.  I can share those.

To go with, could we have something cheesy, please?  You know, the hot, bubbly, melty kind? :chow

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Miss Jen, Momma wuld like sumthing chocolate for the hoomans!

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Nom, nom, nom....mama lubz chocolate.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Jenbo, you are the fastest UberEats delivery driver I know.  :rofl

Lucy, I sure hope you are right about this potentially good outcome for your Le-no-go compooter.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Gud affernuun frendz.

Mum sez Fanks fower the gud thots abowt the toofer and the kitteh oppyrayshun. Boff wentid OKay awltho wunse agayne she hadda loong wayte atta eye playse and waz getting wurreed abowt us being leftid shut up in ower caygis at howme, speshullee az Zavvi had KNOT dun a poop wen she waak us be4 she leeve us. Miss Fran kollekt hur and tayke us owt wen thay gottid howme and Zavvi still did KNOT poop ‘cos he wantid to get bak to Mum (kreep!) so layta inna eevning Mum had to aks Miss. Geraldine iffn she wood kum fower a waak wiv us ‘cos Mum kood KNOT see sayflee to go by hurownself and kood KNOT see Xavvi’s littul poops or bend down to pik them up! Mum sez we lukkee to hav sutch a gud frend! She kum wiv us agen this morning but Mum kood see betta fower waaking but Miss. Geraldine do the poop bag dyootee fower hur. We do littul poops afta Lily Greythowndee’s and Molly the lurcher!

Mum having to waak wivvowt hur glasses (varilenses) ‘cos distance iz fuzzee now so she gotta see abowt dryving and needing nyoo glasses fower reeding and fingz. She worn glasses for yeerz and yeerz and it seem odd wivvowt them.

The sunne iz still shyning so we bin invited ova to Miss. Rita’s gaardin so Zavvi kan havva run arownd and kreeyayte havok by trying to kill the next door dog froo the fentse.

Yummee snakz Summer, say “Fanks” to Miss. Jen.

Greyt piggies Molly.

Wagz to awl mi frendz,

Nutmeg.:ghplaybow

• Like 1

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

Hello my Friendlies!!

We were getting rainings on us last nite for last outs!!!  :eek  But it's probly gonna be dry most of today, tho cloudy and cooler.  Momma felted like she *had* to move the little thermometer that control the hot air blower into a pozishun where it mite come on!!!  :eek  

OK.  So alla you guys good thots musta worked cause Flizz is walking all normill so far this morning.  Me and her were drag racing affer skwerrils on Windsday and Momma thinks that's what caused alla the limps for Flizz.  Plus also, she had to spend, like, a whole hour getting a big horrible glob of pitch outta her alla fer feets yesserday affernoon!!!  Used almost a whole little bottle of ahnd sanitizer!!  :yikes  There was, like, stikks and rocks and all sorts of stuff all stukk to her, so that couldn'ta been comfy at all!!

Thanks for the snakkings Miss Jenn!!!  :chow  

Miss Lizabeth it makes us happy that you founded a volunteering that soots you and your bestest hobbies!!  :thumbs-up  Where's your cookies??  Shove some throo the YuuEssBee for ME!!  :D 

Miss Loosy, we're glad your lapper topper sounds like it's gonna be fine affer alla the drama!!  Mister Nate, Momma sometimes forgets to put our muzzles on and we get to be outside without em!!  The sniffings are sure a lot more betterer without!!  :nod  

Mister Gino, have your Momma take a picher of your foot and we can tell her if it's a corn or not.  It could just be a "cutaneous horn" or some other sorta thing.  My bruther Whiskey did NOT like having anybody mess with his feets eether.  Forchoonately, his corning usually self-hulled itself, and would fall out on it's own.  It also didn't bother him too much otherwise, so Momma just leaved it alone. 

Hope you're not freezing to deth Miss Vanessa!!

Hahaha!!!  Miss sadie chomped her sloff!!!  :haha  

How's your Daddy today Miss Ivy??  Is he still liking that sugar free and caffeene free coke??

And Miss RE Carol comed outta her two proseedures a-ok!!  :thumbs-up 

Miss Ducky we're glad you got a walkie in this morning!!  Momma says she can commishurate about the knee thing.  :dunno  

I think we are getting lunchings delivered today so I gotta go make sure Momma puts our bakkin in the cart!!  Then, she has deecided, she will clean out the two shelffs of cooking books that she doesn't use anymore.  This is gonna take a long time, cause she will hafta look at each book, and see of there's, like, good recipees, and she's gots a whole, completely stuffed filing folder of paper recipees she's printed or cut out.  So I can see this being a multi day project!!  :P  But she's gonna move stuff around on alla the shelfs so Daddy can reach em more betterer, and get stuff offa our stove so she mite be able to cook something again someday!!!  :rofl  

Wishings for a fabuloso Friedday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Oi! Muvver iz oll eksitid. Ower frigergrater haz been ded fer a long long time. Its reeellee big an wen hur gettid it, they had too bring it in throo da frunt door an throo da libbin room. Now dere iz furnichoor blokkin da way too take it away, so hur haz been prokrastinatin an yoozin a coolur. Den just beefor Awgust 10-11 (Massachoositts taks freee weekend) hur remembured dat dere wuz a ded frigergrater in da basemint! So hur ordured a noo wun fer down dere. De mens just camed an tuk away da old wun an put a noo win down dere. Now hur duzint hab too git ise fer da coolur!! 
Sadie Lou hoo duzint care

Edited by boopieface
  • Like 1

Aljo Atomic Kogo and DC Man of Steal

Hola!  Is annudder nise day, an I get annudder nise walk.  Mom sez I did rilly good yestiddy---I dint pull her too much, an when we got back, I went up those steps just perfeckly.  I hab bin doin pritty good onna steps.  An I get "bones fer dogs" (that is a jenerick turm fer all kinda differnt treets) ebery thyme I go up an down.  So that is sum good incentib.  An Kiva gets em too.  She is the one who can frow a stuffie reel high.  I dont rilly kare.

Mom goes across the street tomorra to sit wiff liddle Harper an big Stevie fer 2 daze.  Is a good job---she loves the howse an the dog an the cat, an is onny across the street.

We will be sendin good thots to Miss Sherrie.  Mom sez she mailed Miss Carols card this mornin.  Miss Nancy, she allays takes fings to the post offise too---the main one is reel klose---an eben goes inside to put fings inna slot.  She used to just put em inna mailbocks owtside, but a cupple thymes, her bill paymint dint get there in thyme.  An now she is paranoyd. 

Gino, we hope yer foot duznt hab innyfing too bad rong wiff it.

Miss Elizabeth, you are such a grate bolunteer an baker!  Ooh, alla yer baked fings sownd sooooo good.  Mom sez speshully a peenut budder cheezecake!

Oh, Sadie, yer sposed to leeb the heds on yer stuffies.  Hope Slothee can be ficksed!  I know you dont care much, but yer Mom will shure be happy to hab a fridge that werks!

Miss Lucy, we are glad it seems to be good noos abowt yer compooter.  We dint know there wuz a "sarcasm font."  :rofl

Ooh, Miss Jen, we love the snacks!  Cheeze an chockolat are the best!  But those froots are beeeeyoutiful.

Nutmeg, we are glad yer Moms toofer an cats opperashun went well!  Is a payne rite affer, wiff seein bedder an all, an the noo glasses an fings.  But she will see reel good in no thyme, an it will be grate!

Oh, fank goodniss Flizzy is moore bedder today!  Si, it sownds like she had a lot goin on.  We are happy to heer good noos.

Angie

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Greyt yummy snax! PB cheesecake? Sounds yummy, too!

Mom iz gonna try to take a piccky ob my fut, but yoo know we houndies always know when sumptin iz up, and don't cooperate!

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Checking in from the Front Desk :wave    Going home in 30 minutes.

Just had a most delicious bowl of yesterday’s tomato soup. Mmmmm. And then I see Jen has left us some goodies, too!

Whew FLizzie :)

And a new Fridge for Halise :)

Sending good thoughts out to Sherrie and her aches hands.

Hope RECarol recovers quickly from her kitteh removal.  Pap is on a wait list for his. Maybe 6 months.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

5 hours ago, greysmom said:

Plus also, she had to spend, like, a whole hour getting a big horrible glob of pitch outta her alla fer feets yesserday affernoon!!! 

What is a "glob of pitch"..? :dunno 

5 hours ago, greysmom said:

and get stuff offa our stove so she mite be able to cook something again someday!!!  :rofl  

:rofl :rofl 

Read everything and sending love and healing thoughts to everyone who needs them :beatheart I just can't type much at the moment, as my right index finger has suddenly started hurting a lot ( :blink: ) and it hurts to type. Maybe I bumped it? Who the heck knows. I'm not right in the head these days ca1a20_e94c96b6914a40519b5ecd7f6bc73abf~ca1a20_fec47a2f2b1048a7907cd14f66ad3e59~

ca1a20_5059c7439464441fbc6733bfe423483c~

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Checking in on our Flizzie and glad to hear she's o.k.

Ooh!  Lookit that cheesy thing in the casserole! :chow  I'm going to take have some of that.  Don't worry, I'll share not.  You can totally have some :rolleyes: Touch it and die.

• Haha 4

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Like, sticky, tarry, sappy things? Iffn yoo park unner a conifer, dey like to drop it on yer car and make yoo swear.

Oh, and barkin ob cars, da price for da noo VW Electric Van iz owt, it iz NAWT affordable and da range iz really bad. And yoo don't ebben get a wizard painted on da side.<_<

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Miss Jen as always you bring get snacks. 

Well I am going bed & mom is going to watch the Phillies lose again

Bitzi 

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

Posted (edited)

OK.  A glob of pitch is a big wad of... pitch.  The kind that comes outta a tree!  Mostly it falls from the limbs onto our outside beds, and all over the ground.  Then we step in it and then whatever we step in affer that gets stuck to our futs!  Like dirt, and sticks and other little things and little rocks.  So by the time we let Momma know there's a problem it's a whole mess of congealed stickiness.  Mostly up into that cavity in the bottom, but in between the toes too.  And all over the little toe hairs!

Anyway, imagine pouring cold honey all over your foot and then walking around on it outside.  Momma says it's a nitemare!  ;)

Here a pitch puddle.  This is what forms on the ground and then we step in it.  That big glob on the end is about the size of my paw!

53928271760_32b6f82085_z.jpg20240813_114410 by Chris Harper, on Flickr

I don't know if you can see this good.  This is it all leaking down the side of the tree.  Alla that white stuff down the middle of the trunk.

53927822876_d8cc5ac5cc_z.jpg20240813_113203 by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Later Gaters!!

AP - sap explainer

Edited by greysmom

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Oh.  AndiPants, I thought pitch wuz tar from the road.  Pitch black?

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

What kinda tree iz pitch-peeing in your yard?? 

Mystery solved over the sudden loss of a coupla cattypillers: burds, bad burds but juss doin' burd things. My Mr Ducky caught dem Carolina wrens in da act!  I've now covered the parsley plants with a sheer, knot silky old curtain. Plus I gathered up the one who was in the shed windowbox nibbling the parsley there.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Hello me freends!

I can't stay long becoze momma-bear had one obs dem days and iz POOPED (figooratibely, knot literally). Furst, sum bunneh musta had da flu becoze it ate AWL da leaves off obs herb brand noo echinacea. So now it lookit quite sad wiff only dem two dying flowers atta top. Den sumbudy attemptid to break into herown e-mail and dat made her hoard da pooter to build up defense. Whateber dat means, becoze I do knot see anyfing different. Da good noo iz, momma-bear iz on vacashun AGAIN! So she will hang out wiff us during TWO WHOLE WEEKS :yay

Miss Flizzie, we awr reliebed!

We cannot say da same aboot dat poor slothee!

Ohhh Miss Carol Ann, how BEAUTIMOUS awr dose balloons! How did da kidlet lyke da party? Already 10 yrs old fur liddle-knot-so-liddle Miss Lilly! Unbeliebable!

Miss RE Carol, we awr happy yoor surgery wentid well :) Wot a nice freend yoo got dare! Do yoo really habs to pick up Misser Zaavi poopoo? Ifn yoo can't see dem, it does knot exists. Dat's wot I say!

Speaking obs knot existing, I ran (YES, YOU READ DAT RIGHT!) straight into da screen door dis murning. Dis fing musta been made obs teflon becoze da door got out obs its hinges butt da screen is intact. Momma-bear iz still bamboozled aboot dat!

Fanks fur da snacks Miss Jenbo! Dose looks delish!!!! :chow

Do knot git me startid on corns on da paw... My freend, yoo gotta let Miss Banessa soak it and werk on it. Yoo will feel bettah!

I MUST be forgotting sum fings...

Anyhoo Miss Bitzi, heer iz a photo obs da Mickey Mouse car I found while rumaging and rearranging my sand :

456424703_479723508349719_53554314373544
wonder ifn I will find anyfing else. I did find a cat TURD but I did knot wanna go into myown sandbox until it wuz remobed.

Yoor freend,

Charlie

Edited by locket

23786382928_141eff29e1.jpg
Cynthia, with Charlie (Britishlionheart) & Zorro el Galgo
Captain Jack (Check my Spots), my first love