WFUBCC - #229 - June busting out

:yay for an Aussie Hound for Miss Cindy.  I hope she firs right in with Lacey.

Miss Kerry :kiss2 

Miss Chris, Ma's right there wif you about the squirrels and the corn. :angryfire  MA arrived home from the gym followed by a physical to see that one ob the hanging baskets had broken--the metal clip holding it up snapped.  She suspects squirrel assistance was involved.  Even with cayenne pepper.

The doctor gave her an RSV vaccination today and told her she might be a bit icky feeling.  We'll see how she holds up.

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

2 hours ago, greysmom said:

Miss Wiki, I do NOT think we had enuff informayshun about Miss Jerilyn's :ph34r  nitetime banditry!!  Who did she rescue from whooooom???

It was a painted turtle. :wub:  Taken from the crick crost the street by the naybor kid (age 7) and his mom's boyfriend who speaks little English. They put her in a kiddie pool with one strawberry. :bugeye  

Wiki and her bandit Mistress :ph34r

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

:wave

Oh my!  Our temp is 101 actual degrees with a feels-like of 108 degrees.  I am NOT going outside if I can help it.  I filled the birdbath earlier and the birds have been visiting regularly all day.  The first guests were male and female Cardinals that have a nest nearby.  The rest were the cute little Wrens and the stately Robin (knot our Dr. Robin).  The neighbor helped me get a blown fuse on the AC changed Saturday and came back Sunday to check the unit, making sure the AC maintenance guy did what he was supposed to.  Verdict is yes! so I should be OK for this stretch of heat.  

Exciting that Lacy might be getting a sisser to play with and that Charlie will have a new house and yard to explore soon. 

Miss O!C Nancy, 16C sounds heavenly.  It would be nice if you could bottle some of that and share it around!!

I would like to have a juicy cheeseburger and fries for dinner but to do that I'd have to go out.  Hmmm.  Will have to settle for something else.  ::sigh::

Have a good evening everyone!

Miss Noo Carol

Ivy's cytology results came back and they are benign.    It is a salivary gland blockage that is getting worse.   She is recommending getting an ultrasound to be sure there is nothing else there and says that, according to researchers, surgery would be recommended to eliminate the problem and prevent any impingement on surrounding throat structures like her esophagus or trachea .   I asked about draining it instead and she is concerned that it just invites a chance for infection and recurrence.   I'll be talking to her again tomorrow after she talks with the surgeon to see if this is what he recommends.  She is 11 years old but has had anesthesia several times before for dentals and did well.    She feels fine, but the lump under her chin is getting bigger.   Sigh. 

• Like 3

gallery_22163_3545_11448.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Glad Ivy's results are B9, but of course surgery is a risk  :dunno

I think that Charlie, Zorro and Momma Bear will be glad to move away from Nikita.

Yes NooCarol, The 16C was quite a delightful surprise.   

Patty & I had to be indoors again because it started to rain.  Then the sun came out and the humidity rose.  But nothing like what you've got  :yikes

Finished my Spy Series books and will dig into the Grocery Store Book tomorrow.

I bought myownself a 'PIVO' way back in the winter when they were on sale but the ccccold weather saps the lofe out of the battery in it and the phone.  I got a new phone a couple of months ago and just kept putting off re-setting the PIVO App, but I finally managed to record my ride today  :blink:   Oh My.  What an eye-opener.  Patty looks great - she's  so much longer / relaxed / bigger steps than last fall when we were last recorded.  I wish I could say the same for my position....

• Like 1

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Miss Kathy, that's good to know that Ivy's lump is B9.  I hope the surgeon can plan a procedure that will clear it up so that it doesn't come back.  Gentle nose nudges to you.  

Nancy, that's great that PattyKake looks so much better.  The treatments and such that you've given her must have loosened up some ouchy tight places that bothered her.  Now she can stretch out and reach to do what she's asked!

I finished my John Sandford book and will start the Preston & Child book tonight.  

Edited by ScootersMom

Miss Noo Carol

Kathy, when Cash had her blocked salivary gland they had to do both!  Drained it for a while, then went in and cleaned it out.  She stayed overnight on an antibiotic drip (and fluids) and came home the next day with oral ABs.  She was fine after the small incision healed up and it never recurred.  :dunno :kiss2

Miss New Carol, dinnertime-in-the-heat cravings are what delivery services are for!!!  ;)

Nancy, what does PIVO stand for??  So nice that all your hard work is paying off with Pattycake!!  :thumbs-up

Jerilyn, who takes a wild turtle out of a creek for a pet???  :youcrazy

Got the rug in the kitchen changed out, and sprayed weed killer on the paths in the garden very carefully!  I've got some recorded shows to catch up on after the Braves game, so my evening is all mapped out!  

Later Gaters!!

C ;)

• Like 1

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Happens a LOT more than you'd think, there's a guy in this area who's been convicted of wildlife trafficking more than once, box turtles mostly.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Miss Kathy, if I can offer some human blocked salivary gland insight, I have had problems with that for a few years. It gets really uncomfortable and prevents me from eating. The doctor recommends sour candies or lemon, lots of water, avoid salt... And if it persists, a round of antibiotics. Antibiotics does not solve the problems, but lessens it so it is almost not perceptible. 

I ended up getting surgery because it was recurring. It was a very very small procedure, maybe 10 mins with local anesthesia only (Not that you can do that with a hound however) and it doesn't block anymore. But sometimes if I sense it swelling, I eat something to make me salivate and gently, but firmly press on it and it drains and I'm good to go again.

I don't know if it helps or not, but maybe it can give you some food for thoughts. I completely understand your concerns about surgery :(

MIss Cynthia

• Like 1

23786382928_141eff29e1.jpg
Cynthia, with Charlie (Britishlionheart) & Zorro el Galgo
Captain Jack (Check my Spots), my first love

Miss Cynthia  :kiss2

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

:coffee Good morning!

Momma says thank you eberywon for the information about your eggperiences wif blocked salivary glands.  I am knot happy about mine! :unsure 

Habs a gud day eberywon!

Ivy 

gallery_22163_3545_11448.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

9 hours ago, locket said:

But sometimes if I sense it swelling, I eat something to make me salivate

I was wondering what foods would make me salivate and my mouth started to water.  :blink:

I'm so glad Ivy's report is benign and it's all treatable.  Anything for Ivy. :beatheart

I survived 4 online meetings yesterday.  I had support group at 1:00 (don't know what I'd do without it).  Then we had a 4:00 pre-lawyer meeting family meeting (did you follow that?) to iron out any technical issues and discuss amongst ourselves.  Then, we had the meeting with the lawyer to set up the Camp Trust.   Then, we had a family social hour to chat, see little Henry (my great great nephew) and be together.  Of course, my oldest brother (and father of my nephews) couldn't get onto the 4:00 or social hour meeting. *sigh*  He's the one we wanted to bring into the conversation, let him see his great grandson, etc.  Oh, well.  The rest of us enjoyed it.  But, boy was I tired. 

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Just about perfect sunny and 17C  :coffee

Whew Elizabeth!   The support group is not in person ?!  Interesting. 

I have never done Zoom.  And have no intentions of starting.  

My poor messy house needs some serious attention. So does the tack room in the trailer. 

These things will get done after I pop down to The Inn.  I picked up some new laundry baskets and light bulbs and mouse traps yesterday.   And apparently the most useless of the useless Desk Gals was fired yesterday !!

PIVO is a device that uses your phone/App to track and record movement.  Horses, humans, dogs.  I did not get the whole pack..just the little swivel thing.  Now I have it figured out I think it’ll be a very useful tool. I know a lot of horsey people who use one.

https://pivo.ai

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

Gud hoomid Toesday! We had thunnerboomers last nite, but it didn't change a fing.

Hmm, salivate--does da name Pavlov ring a bell? :hehe

• Haha 3

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

That was a very good deed, Mistress. :yay

Charlie, I forgot to mention how sorry I am that Aku got attacked by the bad mannered Nikita.  I'm glad you'll all be safer soon. :kiss2  I'm glad that mister got an ear full too. <_<

Miss Noo Carol, what horrible temperatures you are facing. :grouphug  :eek  I'm sooo glad the AC is werking and the neighbors helped check it out. What a relief to feel safe in this dangerous heat!  Sorry about the missed juicy burger and fries. :kiss2

Oh dear, Miss Kathy has a decision to make wif the vets about how to treat Ivy's salivary blockage. I hope a clear path forward emerges from the opinions ob the vets.

Mam, what an interesting tool you hab to evaluate PattyKake's progress and your own! :yay

Miss Elizabeth, I did follow that and no wonder you are exhausted...alla that Zooming!  Sorry about your brother's disinterest. :kiss2
:yay for the support group!

Gino, I think I'd take the thunder boomers just on the chance ob a little rain.  Plus, there are firewerks stands popping up eberywhere here in preparation for July 4th. Oh, joy! KNOT.

Ma's feeling a bit sore and puny from the RSV shot and I fink she'll take this as an easy day.  Owr next door neighbors are traveling and I fink that some ob their chilluns and grandchilluns are at the house enjoying and taking care ob the swimming pool. They brought a new-to-me dog wif them!  I so enjoyed walking the fence line and sniffing and stuff.  I stayed out for last potties until Ma came out and got me.  Then I asked to go out again at midnight, butt they were indoors. Like sensible hounds and humans. Butt I stayed out declined to come in.  Ma went back to bed and set a 10 minute timer. <_<  That meant that I ended up standing at the bottom ob the stairs waiting to get back in the house.  I just hat that!  I keep telling her she needs to hire me a staff ob strong footmen to carry me up the stairs and to be AT the door when the mood strikes me to come in.  Her response is always :rolleyes:.

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

1 hour ago, BatterseaBrindl said:

The support group is not in person ?!  Interesting. 

Yes, ma'am  (or is that "yes, ma'am, Mam?)  Often the caregivers are stuck in the house.  Without a respite worker, they can't even go for groceries or to church.  I say church because one of our ladies just got to church for the first time in months because the VA provided X number of hours of in-home care for her.  It's all a wonderful program.  I am reminded that others are dealing with far worse than me (dementia, hospitalization, immobility, PTS, etc.)  I also get sympathy fro them as I have a husband who, in spite of being able to do things, doesn't want to do anything or have anything change.

As usual, Jupiter's third poop was loose.  As usual, he did his athletic scrape/kick.  Unusually, I was standing too close and now I have to wash my sneakers. <_<

• Haha 1

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

G'day ebberbuddy!  We survived a long day yesterday and made it through the first night!  Fizzer (name to be determined) is a playful, people-oriented, cheerful dog.  She has a curly tail that wags A LOT :lol: Apparently, she likes to rearrange pillows and blankets.  We saw a glimpse of that on the way home when she took the roll of paper towels that were in the car (to mop up Lacy's drool that is incessant when a vehicle is involved) and used the roll as a pillow.  She does not P&P while leashed (this will be fun but we just went through that with Lacy) and her pillow came in handy 5 minutes from home.  We were very fortunate that she peed right on the roll and there was very little elsewhere!  Bounty certainly earned it's slogan as the quicker picker upper. :rofl  

She is not food motivated AT ALL.  Is not interested in peanut butter :yikes or meatballs or bikkies or anything!  She took her time getting started on her food but then ate steadily.  She had a late dinner in her crate last night as they told us that she ate in her crate, but had to be coerced into it.  This morning, she followed David and Lacy out to the porch, so she eventually tucked in her breakfast outside.  She was due for her heartworm pill this morning and only ate half.  Nothing added could prompt her to take the rest so I am hoping it will be okay to just add it into her dinner.  Not sure what else to do.  It will be offered several times during the day, slathered with PB and meatball, and we hope she will just take it.  She doesn't eat from your hand so we will have to make sure that Lacifur doesn't get it first.  I see crate time for Lacy today to give ebberbuddy a break!  

So, we had been commenting that Lacy was apparently settling in and was not so crazy anymore.  Welp, that was wrong!  She was just depressed :lol  She has been absolutely bonkers - jumping around, barking, pawing, inviting play - over and over and over and over and . . . .  Fizzer has been interested and has done some parallel play with her but obviously is adjusting to her new circumstances.  

Took them both for a morning walkie and they did wonderfully.  Lacy was all over the place, of course, but there was no space issues or anything.  Rabbits are her nemesis, so Elmer Fudd may be her nickname :lol:  My right arm is 6 inches longer now after TWO rabbits were grazing when we left our porch.  She heard a woodpecker and just about froze solid.  She is more noise sensitive than I am used to so this will be interesting.  

She is supposed to be initially shyer around men but took to David right away.  She follows him around the yard and keeps her eyes on him.  He is smitten - yay!  But the more compelling reason is that she looks identical to Zeke in the face - around the eyes especially.  They both have those eyes that look deep into your heart.  It caught us both (independently) so off guard that it was scary.  That first look into her face was very emotional for each of us.  

Now for the part ebberbuddy wants - pictures!  Haven't taken but a couple because she hasn't changed position much in the house and does not yet respond to her name or any name at this point.  Not that it matters, but she is way cuter than her photographs.  I am sure those will be able to capture her essence over time.  

449256434_8153573291342825_2223239757387

449254065_8153573181342836_6136491185275

449161762_8153573498009471_1751333395004

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I'm so happy for you, Cindy. Fizzer is gorgeous...I'm such a sucker for those Maybelline eyes. :beatheart 

• Like 1

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with Doolin Doodle Dooooo, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our gorgeous, gutsy girlhounds
 Sweep and Willa:heart

:welcome     Fizzer .   What a stunningly gorgeous girl :wub:

And I’m glad Lacy has found her mojo again :P

Ahh….I guess I forgot that Elizabeths support group was for Caregivers. And of course many of them are housebound.

Edited by BatterseaBrindl

Mornink! We had beeg storm lass nite! :wow Thunner and litenin and beeg windy winds. And I didn’t even get oudda bed, even when my Mistress got up to go peepee and look out the winders. It went on for hours and hours but I didn’t care. We thot we xscaped damidge but when I went out this mornink there was hooge limm from the backyard maple layin on the ground. :ohno Mistress already got it chopped up wiff her loppers and dragged to the curb. I’ve also bin swizzed round the block cause it’s sooooper hoomid out.

Yeah, Mistress says lotsa turtles get stolen from the wild. It was vary sad cause they end up in not good places. One of my Mistress’ favrit zoo aminals she werks wiff is a 3 toe box turtle that was resqued from a trafficker.

Hmmm, I had no ideer our siliva makers could cause sutch prollems! I know Miss Kathy will make a good plan for Ivy.

Miss Mam, that’s innerestin machine you gots to analize the horsies.

Miss Chris, you did a lotta good werk yessirday! :thumbs-up

Miss Lizabeth, I’m glad you like your online terapee groop. Sorry bout the poop shoo tho.

Nate! You stay outside for 10 minits by yourownself? :blink: My record is like 2. I even require my Mistress to excort me to the back of the yard so I can go potty. :rolleyes: I don’t trust that she won’t try to get away. Hope your Ma feels bedder affer a day of rest.

I wonner how Miss Cindy et al did wiff the noo houndie comin home? There bedder be sum pitchers. Oh! The report came in whilst I was preparing my postie! It sounds like she is settlin in good with Lacifur. I bet she will get used to alla sites and sounds of her noo home riteawaykwik. Plusalso she is vary kewte. My Mistress is a sucker for a fawn wiff a dark muzzle. Does she look a bit like Andipants?

I’m still coolin down from Wiki walkie, it’s gonna be hothothot today so I’m juss gonna relax. Mistress is theenkin bout sneekin back out and choppin a cupple branches that hit her hed whilst mowerin since she’s got the lopper out and the gate open. The gate is gettin to be an issoo, what wiff settlin and wet and freezink the latch don't line up at all anymores. It's bin moved ontse and upon her exzaminayshun there is no place to attach it too where it would need to go. :unsure

Wiki :ph34r

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Miss Cindy!  We are so happee fur all involved...mama iz bizzeee gettting off da flOOr frum a sWOOn!

Miss NOO Carol - onto anudder buk!!!  Let us no how it iz.

LOOpin, how are yu dowing today, mah frend.  We hopes all da lumps an bites an stuff are getting all better.

Ivy, we are glad it iz bee nine - but hopes it duz KNOT get bigger.

Nate, iz yur mama's all better frum dat Are Ess Vee shot?

Mama iz tired.  She got up at wun thurty in da dark ub da nite and drove home frum NOO Jersey- an den tuk care ub da barn, tuk juss Sammy an Me fur a beeg long walkie (on accounta da leetle twirps got to trabbel wif herbz), den went into da wurkjob.  We had Miss LOOceel frum neggst door come ober sebberal times during da day yesserday and Sunday nite whilst mama wuz gawn, plus also da gurls who wur dowing da barns, but mama feels reel giltee.  She reminds herownself, dat siggz munfs ub da yeer we habz daddy home on da farm prittee much all day - eben if he iz owt wurking on stuff on da farmz, he iz still heer.  An wen she iz homes we are always wif her - but still, she feels bad.  Mahbe iffn dey find a property in da kentucky, in a few yeers we will all be togedder all yeer.  Dey are KNOT reddy to moobz yet - on accounta bowf deer jobs, but wifin owr (hopeful) lifetime!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Good morning

Miss Cindy mom agrees doe eyes does everytime Margo & Daphne had them. When you look into their eyes it just gets you.  Here is to a long & happy life to them both.    

Hurray for MIstress to  the Rescuer

t

Edited by sabrina

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

On 6/22/2024 at 9:10 AM, LBass said:

tyranny ob wanting to be polite. 

Lucy as usual has hit the nail on the head. At least for my generation this is SO true. 

Fly free and whole Willa and please send a sign. That's a gud gurl. 

We are somewhere between Hardin and Billings, Montana. Coming up I will have twowholel days in the motel in Bozeman and three nights. Looking forward to knot having to be on the road.  Also to a laundromat. 🤪 I plan to read a lot and to compose my complaint to Delta about the nightmare which was the Reunion trip.

Yea for a new houndie at Cindy and Dr David's!  Drop dead gorgeous too. Also yea for the worst of the front desk girls being dumped. Yea for kidnapped turtles being restored to their creek. I am sure there are more yeas but I was so far behind I just read three whole pages at once. 

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Cindy, this is the best, long overdue news! Welcome home FizzBomb I mean Fizzer! Gosh, she is just stunning, as was the Zeke man (handsomely stunning, ob course). 

Oh Lacy :bounce:rollin:offwall

• Like 1

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.