Who Wore It Best v2 My Pirate Crew

I didn't want to highjack Don's thread again!!

This came up in my Facebook memories today.  Dude in his pirate hat by Miss Donna of Bow Wow Bonnets!!  She made a pirate hat for each of our dogs at the time, not long before she began having medical issues.  I still have Dude's captains hat, but the others have all been donated to various auctions since

Captin Dude
No photo description available.

First mate Toni

Dorie

Copper

Cash

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

:wub::brokenheart Such wonderful memories of your sweet crew!   I won 2 of the bonnets you put in an auction.  They are still in the box because my dogs (at the time) would have destroyed them. 

<p>Mom to Kyle (Diehard Kyle) & Angel Gracie (KB's Sankey) Foster Mom for AFG

Almost impossible to decide on a favorite because they all look so dashing that they put Johnny Depp to shame.  I lean the slightest bit to first mate Toni, because I can totally see her leaping onto a ship with that scimitar between her teeth.  :lol 

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Those are AWESOME!  

Copper has that stinkeye down! 

I think we have or had a Miss Donna pirate hat as well.  I remember pirates being a thing here at some point and we had lots of pirates and pimps running around.....

Miss Donna would love the fact that her work lives on and new hounds are still wearing her fashions. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

A shipful of greyhounds! I like the idea of the collective noun for greys being a ‘crew’.

They all look dashing but my vote goes to Dude for the effortless way he carries his hat and the perfected ‘catalogue stare’ into the middle distance :wub:

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23

It's a tie! :wub: x5

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

1 hour ago, FiveRoooooers said:

It's a tie! :wub: x5

:yay

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Oh, it's lovely to see all their faces again! :wub: It's a 5-way tie by me, too.

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

50 minutes ago, Sniffy said:

I particularly love the bandanas..they are really cool.

As Don said in his thread, Donna, had a gift!  We talked about each dog's personality, and what colors to use, and she came up with all these absolutely spot on creations!!  I also had several other of her hats - a tiara, a couple fedora pimp hats, a couple Christmas-y ones.  They used to be pretty popular as Secret Santa gifts here on GT.  

Toni and I used to regularly visit a nursing facility.  She LOVED meeting up with all her regulars every month, and I often thought I could just take her to the ward and let her loose and she'd end up going into every room!  One lady in particular had dementia and was really non-communicative - she would talk, but the words and sentences wouldn't be strung together coherently, so one didn't really know what she was trying to say.  Except for Toni!  For what ever reason, she was always really clear when Toni came in the room.  The first time we visited with Toni's pirate hat - for Talk Like A Pirate Day! - the woman's first sentence was "Look at that dog in a hat!!"  And she had about 30 or 45 seconds of understandable communication - back and forth with Toni and her care giver - it was really special.  All brought about by Miss Donna's hat!!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Chris, what a wonderful story of the nursing home!    All of your crew look fabulous, I think Dude and Toni are the winners!  (although Dorie, Copper and Cash look sooooo cute! ) 

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

This is the first time I’ve seen all your earlier dogs Chris.:wub:

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.