Another angel earned her wings yesterday

heartdogs

Eureka went to the bridge yesterday afternoon because of osteo in her front right leg.  She left a litermate sister at my house that she had never been away from  the time they were born.  She let me know 1 month & 3 days before that something was not right & this past weekend she was ready to fly away.  My Prince has lost so many housemates to various cancers that he just looked at me  with a sad "not another one" look when he smelled cancer in here.  He has been with me for 10+ of his 12 years & is trying to be strong for this loss.  Eureka & V came to me last fall when Prince & I lost our Honey to a heart attack & were a big help for Prince as he had never been alone before.  Eureka is the 21 grey that I have lost to cancer & when the vet came in to administer the shots she said I sure picked a hard breed to love but I said I wouldn't stop loving them because of the cancers.  My vet let me be in the room with her so she didn't go alone for which I am thankful because I've seen so many people say they haven't been allowed to be with their dog at the end. It is quiet here since Eureka always barked when she wanted to go out & neither Prince nor V do that.  I hate cancer is all its forms no matter if it is a dog, cat, or person it attacks.  Everyone hug your hounds & look skyward tonight  see if you can see a new bright star that will be Eureka racing to the bridge.

I am so sorry that you lost your beautiful girl. I will add Eureka's name to the list of Bridge Angels here on Greytalk. She will be in good company.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

:grouphug For you and V. I am so sorry for your loss. 

Godspeed Eureka. Please send your family a sign. 

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so very sorry.

Godspeed Eureka.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I am so very sorry :(:(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I am so very sorry for your loss of Eureka. You have a very big  heart.

It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my Heart with them. And every time a new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their Heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my Heart will be Dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.

Unknown

Mom to Ranger (PB's Long Ranger), Esso (Kiowa Stay Over) and Cookie the rattie mix

Missing Kahn (Gil's Khan) 10-29-03 - 11-7-16  Belle (Regall Belooow) 8-9-07 - 3-12-17  Star (Greyt Star) 1-19-07 - 3-13-2020  Pitch (Emerald Pitch) 4-1-08 - 6-3-2020

• 1 month later...