One of these...

...is KNOT like the others...

I've broken my own rule of not adopting outside my breed :blush:lol

58462953_2223726087943858_49274778439626

Introducing CLETUS! This sweet old man was tossed into a high-kill in GA at *13* for a minor indiscretion chasing and killing chikkens to which I said Cletus? At 13? Good for you! We've had the home visit and more importantly the Meeting of the Campers and all went well. We are looking forward to welcoming Camper Cletus at the end of the week. Thanks to all who made this possible. Apparently his name means Glory. I hope the rest of his life will be Glory Days :beatheart

58373744_2223725971277203_47525715671903

58376749_2223725847943882_37753999052924

57908882_2223726417943825_28603256407693

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

1 hour ago, sarabz said:

Oh, Jan, you done good again :wub:

:nod

Welcome, Camper Cletus! Winner, winner chikken dinner! 

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

That poor excuse for an excuse...chasing chickens...PFFFT...is NOT an excuse for sentencing that dear old gentleman to death!  :angryfire

Anyway, welcome home Cletus. Live long and prosper, you cutie-pie!  :beatheart

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Aww, what a cutie.  He is getting his just desserts for his *indiscretion*, isn't he?  Congrats.  Those white muzzles get me every time.  

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Can't blame him.  They taste like chicken. 

Welcome home Cletus. You've won the lottery of homes! 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Good work, Jan.

Welcome home Cletus!

Hey, he fits: he's a hound. :lol 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

22 hours ago, ramonaghan said:

:nod

Welcome, Camper Cletus! Winner, winner chikken dinner! 

:rofl This! :rofl

Thanks All! One more sleep!  Cletus :wub:

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

17 hours ago, Jerilyn said:

Yay Cletus!  I'm sure his legs and snoot will lengthen after some time with the greyhounds. ^_^

:lol  :lol The campers are already saying "Cletus? You're one of us now!"

15 hours ago, claudiav said:

I broke that rule too (a beagle/basset former hunting dog from GA)...  though, next time it's back to houndies, fur sure...

Reese & monkey.jpeg

Aww, is that a new, current addition? How could you not? What a cutie!

Cletus arrives this afternoon :yay:beatheart  (omg, today is Aiden's [+Paddy Mayhem's] Gotcha Day!)

Edited by FiveRoooooers

Cletus looks very much at home with the Campers.  I bet he'll begin to think he's a greyhound in no time.  Welcome home Cletus and Happy Gotcha Day to Aiden!   :yay

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Happy gotcha day to Cletus and Aiden 1-4, and to Paddy (gone but not forgotten, and still sprinkling magic mayhem dust on Annie). 

Oh, and: Moar pics plz!

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Thanks everyone! He's here! New Cletus thread and pics in EEG :yay

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you - and Cletus may not know it, but he's landed in houndie heaven at the camp!!!

Jeannine with Lili & Okie, the kitty sisters and Cody grey-girl waiting at the bridge (along with kitties Weenie & Merlin)