Greyhounds Don't Shed

Yeah.

None of mine got the "no shedding" memo. They didn't get the "no barking" memo either!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

That is adoption kennel propaganda like Greyhounds don't bark and they don't smell. :hehe Wendy shed like a Malamute and Lola has her own very distinctive reek odor.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Greyhounds dont shed :rofl

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

All dogs shed. The curly coated dogs shed, but the hairs stay in the coat, instead of falling on the floor.

Yeah, I always loved the tale of the greyhound that doesn't shed. :rofl I am still waiting to find this mythical beast. ;):lol

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

I must admit my brindle is such a minimal shedder. I was shocked! No odor and such a clean little lady. She has a bit of a seasonal shed and thats it. I just bought a soft equine brush for her and she is lovin it. Her fur is soooo soft I could pet her for hours.

My friend has a fawn boy and the hair is everywhere. I got lucky with my girl.

Had a German Shepherd a long time ago and the hair was unbearable for me. Never will have another breed because Greyhounds are perfect to me all around.

My brindles shed at different times of the year from each other. So thoughtful to provide me with a constant supply of fresh fur everywhere.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

I read the title and burst out laughing. There are two shedding seasons. Night and Day. And, to top it off, we suddenly find a black and white furred creature in our house, as if the fawn fur all over didn't get all over everything. Now there is a color to show on EVERYTHING.

That said, my galgo barely lost fur. I'd take Homer out for a regular brushing (furminator is my my friend). He lined up for it, then she would come over and present herself for her turn with the furminator. Only hardly anything came off. It was basically a prolonged scratching and rubbing session, but she was not about to let herself be left out of the evolution. Silly girl. But if it had only been her there would have been a lot less fur decorating...everything.

Blank 500 x 150.jpg
Suzie aka  CBJ Fly Sonic (b. 07 Feb 2015) and missing:
Homer aka Atoscocita Homer (05 Oct 2010- 16 Nov 2021)
Xena the Galgo aka Xene the Bean (? 2009- 6 Sep 2018)
Jackie aka Katie aka Sun Blaze (16 April 2001- 14 April 2014)

Yep, I tell Johnny, "all this red hair is not mine or the ginger cat's, it's yours, buddy!" He stress sheds at meet and greets, so potential inductees can see what they're getting into. :hehe

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Stewie was our big shedder, he surpassed both Charlie and Jack together. Not sure why but every time I gloved him outside it always looked like it was snowing.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Rocket had the thickest coat of any greyhound I've ever seen. It got even thicker after we moved to Phoenix. We tell all visitors to our house that dust and dog hair are free, take all you want.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Hmm, another interesting quirk in the Gable Dodge line?

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

I could do with some black hair to make into a wig for Grace's bald bum :rofl

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

Rocket had the thickest coat of any greyhound I've ever seen. It got even thicker after we moved to Phoenix. We tell all visitors to our house that dust and dog hair are free, take all you want.

Were Rocket and Bea of the same mold? Greyhounds just don't have coats like this!

49726523_2159397754376692_16961005553335

Bea blew her coat over the weekend. This is from her left side. The right was equally as prolific I've been saving furminated gatherings from all the campers for a while now and am sending a bagful to a spinner, then I'll knit a hat. Or a snood for Bea :lol

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I always knew brindles had a different coat! I think they feel thicker and stiffer than other colors.

And yet, Aiden, Punkin, and Miss M are as smooth as glass and did receive the memo about non-shedding greyhounds :lol

Were Rocket and Bea of the same mold? Greyhounds just don't have coats like this!

49726523_2159397754376692_16961005553335

Bea blew her coat over the weekend. This is from her left side. The right was equally as prolific I've been saving furminated gatherings from all the campers for a while now and am sending a bagful to a spinner, then I'll knit a hat. Or a snood for Bea :lol

They look alike, they could well be family! Our back yard looked like that sometimes when we brushed him. The birds were always happy when we got done. There's a lot of brindle fur in the bird nests around here.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life