Where Do The Galgos Go? (For Dandi)

greyhndz

Dandi is, I pray, in a better place with no more illness, lots of squeakies to flip into the air, and no little barky dogs to annoy him. He's a big boy so needs a lot of space to stretch out And he doesn't go anywhere fast... he plods along at his own pace. Just give him an endless supply of pizza bones, american cheese and ice cream and that will be his version of heaven.

---------------

When they make their journey, where does that journey take them?

Please tell me it won't bring them back to Spain, back to the lonely, miserable, painful existence they once lived.

Back to the tiny crate where Dandi was once left to be picked up with the trash.

Promise me that he will only go to a beautiful place where he will be loved endlessly,

and that the fear so deeply seared into his soul will be forever be gone.

Don't let him feel abandoned because I send him off alone without me, when I've been his life and only trusted person for so long.

Let his galgo friends welcome him, and teach him that he will be so much happier playing, running and enjoying the

company of his friends, instead of being a grump

As Dandi prepares to start his journey this evening, I want to be able to whisper to him about the wonderful things lying ahead for him.

Can you tell me of a galgo who has already past, and who will embrace Dandi and welcome him over the galgo Bridge? I know it would make him feel more secure knowing a certain someone will be watching for him. I don't want him to think he's being punished ans sent back to his tormenters: I want him to know the love I have for him, and all the love I have received from him over the past 7 years will bring him to a world filled with unconditional love.

I will feel so much better if someone could give me a name to whisper into his ear......

gallery_13500_2895_9755.jpg

Edited by greyhndz

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They go to where ever they found love.
Galgo's will always be in your heart.

Just like Isa and Fynn, both galgos are in mine, forever safe, Dandi will be in yours, forever close.

Hugs.

And if you want to whisper more names, Timo, Silvan, Pleun, Nena, Luna Ariana and Paco are only a few of the many that are without worries now.

Edited by galgomum

{{{{{ Jordan }}}}} Seven of my campers will be waiting to welcome your sweet boy, he will be well received.

And remember, invisible threads are the strongest ties. Dandi will always have a lifeline to you, and you to him. {{{{{ Jordan }}}}}

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

No, I don't have a galgo, but I believe Dandi will never leave. His body may be gone, but his heart will live within yours forever. As your heart breaks, it opens up to keep his within. I am so very sorry.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Treasure isn't a galgo, but she was the loving greyhound companion to Iker the galgo. She will look after Dandi. She has lots of experience with fearful galgos and will see to it that Dandi is safe and loved.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Tell Dandi to look for Niña, the only galgo *up there* wearing a pink tutu.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

He will be in good company where he is going :cry1

sending you many, many hugs :grouphug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest PhillyPups

My Bridge Angel Mama girls will welcome Dandi with open paws at the bridge and mother him and comfort him and teach him all the tricks while they wait for us. :bighug

{{{{{{{{{{Jordan}}}}}}}}}}

I'm so sorry you're facing this. I have no doubt your Dandi will be welcomed over the bridge, by galgos and greyhounds and all their people who have gone on, too.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest multigrey

Jordan....my heart is breaking with yours tonight. Please whisper the name of "Bob" to this very special boy. I know for sure that Bob waits for those who need him.....just like he did when he was here on earth.

:candle

Mandy was not a Galgo, but I have no doubt she will greet him at The Bridge and help him feel safe and secure. Also, tell him to look for my Grandma (Marie), she loved all dogs and I'm sure she'll love to keep him company until you meet again.

Edited by MandysMom

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

Oh Jordan, I am so very sad to read this, tears flowing,Sara will welcome Dandi, she loves everyone and will be happy with another boyfriend. There is peace and love for Dandi, no more pain, fear, and suffering once he has crossed over, I believe that with all my heart and as others have said he will only leave you in body, his spirit will still be there in Pembroke and he will always live in your heart. You gave him the best life and saved him from a painful existence in Spain, he loved his life w/you and your pack. I am here if you need to chat just as you were there for me when Sara crossed over. :(:bighug

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Guest budsmom

I am so very sorry you have to say good bye to your dear friend. You can tell him to look for Bud, he is a greyhound, but he loved everyone and he would be happy to have another friend.

:grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

:cry1 Oh, Jordan, I'm so sorry. :grouphug Tell him Irys and Cruz will welcome him. Cruz has this awesome welcome home happy dance.

Edited by galgrey

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

:bighug Dandi will have many loving companions to greet him, and he will never know pain or fear again. But, I understand your worry about sending him away alone, without you. Fletcher was such a velcro dog I worried about him feeling like I had abandoned him when I had to let him go. I just kept telling him over and over that I would never leave him, I would always be with him, and after he was gone, I realized that was true. We were physically separated, but the connection was still there. I will never stop missing him, but I am still with him, and he is with me. It will be that way for you and Dandi, too.

sorry if there are errors, typing this has brought it all back and my vision is pretty blurry

Edited by Remolacha

Guest grey_dreams

When Zuki left, I stayed with him for a long time. I followed his energy out of his body and watched it soar and make the journey home. I saw those on the other side lining up to welcome him, and a very powerful being took him into his protective shield of energy. Zuki turned and looked back at me once again, the love between us was flowing as strong as always, and I could see that he would be alright. He is with me still, the pure ties that bind us with our beloveds are there forever. My love to you and Dandi on this journey that no one ever wants to take.

They are greyhounds, not galgos, but the Jersey Girls will be there to welcome Dandi as well. As you say goodbye, whisper the names Honey, Nadia and Kara

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)