Guest Nekos_Mommy

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no! Sending more :hope :hope :hope

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Oh man! I just read through this entire thread, and I realized I was holding my breath. :( Poor Neko, and poor you!! :grouphug

Here's a chant for his speedy recovery! *Neko's mysterious ailment, be gone! Go, and bleed no more! Be mysterious if you must, and disappearing fits that bill! Be GONE! *Neko's mysterious ailment, be gone! Go, and bleed no more! Be mysterious if you must, and disappearing fits that bill! Be GONE! *Neko's mysterious ailment, be gone! Go, and bleed no more! Be mysterious if you must, and disappearing fits that bill! Be GONE!*

Repeat as necessary. Meditate.gif

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

:hope hoping for the best

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

:hope

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

I am sorry Neko is struggling. Keeping you and Neko in my prayers.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

So many prayers, so much healing energy going out to Neko. Holding him gently in my heart and prayers.

Praying and chanting. Chanting and praying.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

:goodluck

I hope Neko starts to do better soon.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest Nekos_Mommy

So Neko is doing better this morning, he stopped bleeding last night and although he still had diarrhea he is not longer vomiting. They want to keep him one more night to make sure that he is still doing well when they switch him from IV meds to oral meds.

fingers crossed he continues to improve!

and as always - no one has any idea why he has diarrhea or why hes bleeding.... it is very scary that now i know my dog can at any moment collapse with internal bleeding OR start puking and bleeding out of his bottom. I really wish we could make some sort of sense out of everything that is going on with him... I'd sleep a whole lot better...

the saga continues....

Okay, well, that's an improvement!

It IS scary, isn't it? We all read these posts with our fingers crossed for our own pets' health, hoping to dodge all these whizzing bullets, and then feeling our worlds crash around us when that target shows up on one of our own. :(

Then you just have to go forward, making the best decisions you can figure out how to make. :bighug :bighug

Hang in there, you and Neko! Chanting and wishing continues .......

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Dear God you both have been through WAY too much. I am so sorry. I really hope they can figure out what is going on. You are handling this MUCH MUCH MUCH better than I EVER could in my wildest dreams. :( Neko is so lucky to have such a strong and loving mom as you.

sending you so many prayers. :hope :Hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Did they ever consider Amicar?

Yes. Amicar is not useful in Neko's situation.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Omg, I just now saw this, and I'm so sorry! I haven't read every single post but it sure sounds like he could've gotten into some rat poison somehow. Rat poison has warfarin in it, which is the same as Coumadin...no one in your household takes blood thinners, do they? Any chance he could've gotten into something like that. Or aspirin?

I did see that someone mentioned vitamin K...I would certainly try that.

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Unfortunately, blood thinners like rat poison or aspirin wouldn't cause a non-regenerative anemia like Neko has. Lack of regeneration indicates a problem that is affecting the bone marrow, and there are only a limited number of known causes for that.

Sending good thoughts for Neko. I totally understand how frustrating it is to not have a diagnosis despite doing lots of testing. Given the latest setback with the vomiting and diarrhea, has he been started on the pred and doxy yet?

Jennifer &

Willow (Wilma Waggle), Wiki (Wiki Hard Ten), Carter (Let's Get It On),

Ollie (whippet), Gracie (whippet x), & Terra (whippet) + Just Saying + Just Alice

gtsig3.jpg

Guest Nekos_Mommy

He has been started on doxy but they are holding off on pred because of its potential for gastric ulcers. He stayed the night again in ICU and I am going to pick him up in 20 minutes. He is stable now with minimal bleeding in his stool but he continues to have diarrhea. When he sleeps he is unable to hold in his diarrhea so i'll be picking him up puppy pads. They think his vitals are stable enough to be home, as he is no longer consistently losing blood. I dont know what to think about this because they dont think that it is related to his anemia/thrombocytopenia issues... Every day I'm wondering a little more and more if its fair to keep him going through this but as long as theyre still giving me hope that he can get better i dont feel right just giving up...

The poor boy has been through so much :( I just want him to be peaceful again