Spent The Night In Emergency..

Guest Nekos_Mommy

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nekos_Mommy

Neko is home today with a PCV of 16%, they took his PCV every 4 hours last night to make sure that he is stable and noe he seems to be feeling fantastic on the prednisone. Lets hope that the pred can help his blood values as well as his attitude...

he went from being 84 lbs on friday to 77 lbs on wednesday, luckily his appetite is increasing again so we can try to get him back up to weight.

We're all crossing our fingers that this works!! its the last option. We will know by next wednesday/thursday if this disease is autoimmune.

right now he is on prednisone, doxycycline (for tick borne), and pepsin (to decrease the amount of damage to his esophagus if he continues to regurgitate).

Its so nice to see my little man acting like his old self today. The transfusion sure did perk him up even if he's still only at 16%

Here are a couple pics of Neko's first (and only... so far) beach trip back in december! he loved it. We dont trust him off leash because he's a nose-guided wanderer but we do trust him with a zippy line (I know its a no-no with greys, but he's not a runner, he's a walker :P)

I often wonder if he's not a runner/excitable at all because he's always been this anemic.. he's one of those greys that I could NEVER imagine racing... total couch potato! Although he does like to play/wrestle with my boyfriend.

521319_4823098209315_846081562_n.jpg

69218_4823091249141_1570614768_n.jpg

48100_4823098529323_856099425_n.jpg

Edited by Nekos_Mommy

like others, i've been following this thread closely. i really admire your dedication, but also your ability to stay engaged with so many minute details of neko's healthcare. it goes without saying that im relieved that he seems to be feeling a little more like himself tonight. im sure everyone else feels the same. he is a beautiful dog, and i hope this is a good sign.

All toes, fingers, and everything else that can be crossed .... Hugs to you and yours, and gentle scritchies for your good boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

sending lots of good thoughts for Neko...hope this works...adorable pics too

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Fingers and toes crossed that he continues to improve.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Fingers crossed for more good times ahead for you and sweet Neko :)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Great update! Here's some :hope:hope:hope that the trend continues! He has so many people pulling for him!

The beach pics are awesome. Mine all love the beach too!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

More good thoughts for your boy. Come on Neko, keep fighting.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I, too , have been following this thread. I am so happy to hear he is feeling better. I hope and pray he is on the road back to better health. You are a fantastic Mom!! God bless you both. Sending gentle hugs and greyhound kisses- Janice, Luka and Peace

Another Neko fan hoping for improvement....

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

continued good thoughts. Love the pictures!

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest FawnFan

I too am happy to see Neko is feeling better! Still keeping you all in my thoughts that he continues to improve...