Spent The Night In Emergency..

Guest Nekos_Mommy

Guest Nekos_Mommy

They have told me multiple times that his symptoms "could be cancerous" and they seem to be trying to avoid talking about that until they know for sure as to not freak me out (due to the very poor prognosis) but the more I think about it the more a ruptured tumor could make sense as to why he all of a sudden collapsed..

I feel like the emergency clinic suspected hemangiosarcoma and that is why they ultrasounded to see if there was fluid buildup around the heart+abdomen, but as my diseases Professor says "animals dont read the textbook" and dont always have all/some/any of the symptoms that you usually would see with the disease.

I absolutely feel like it is harder to not know the diagnosis... As I watch him get a little weaker/slower every day it doesnt seem fair to not be treating him to make him feel better or at least be preparing for him to go... but theres no treatment we can provide until we know what were treating for and there is no way that I will let go of him unless we confirm that its all downhill from here and he'll just be suffering..

I noticed yesterday that even his milkbone eating has slowed down :( what used to be a 3 second crunch now takes about 1 minute

REALLY hoping to get a call from OSU soon regarding his bone marrow biopsy appointment..

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:grouphug

I don't know how you would feel about using it, but if it is HSA I have some Yunnan Baiyao left over from when Bruiser had it, that your welcome to. It helped slow down bleeds and helped him recover quicker when he had one.

I am really sorry you are both going through this and Neko seems to be losing energy. We will keep you both in our thoughts and hope that Neko feels better soon.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

You and Neko are still firmly in our prayers. I know how hard it is to watch them suffer without knowing why. :grouphug

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

REALLY hoping to get a call from OSU soon regarding his bone marrow biopsy appointment..

If he's getting weaker, I wouldn't be waiting for a call... Can't you call them to make the appointment, or at least call to let the vets there know he's getting worse so they can try to expedite things?

Jennifer &

Willow (Wilma Waggle), Wiki (Wiki Hard Ten), Carter (Let's Get It On),

Ollie (whippet), Gracie (whippet x), & Terra (whippet) + Just Saying + Just Alice

gtsig3.jpg

Guest Nekos_Mommy

Just ran into Neko's clinician at work here at OSU today in surgery, I updated her on Neko's condition and she said they are getting the machinery prepared to get neko's coagulopathy research going, and she will know tomorrow when I should bring neko in (possibly tomorrow evening). they are for sure going to do the bone marrow biopsy then, and she said that my little conspiracy theory (lol) of hemangiosarcoma was not crazy talk and is very possible, however they did not find any masses (that are showing themselves at this time) when they did their last ultrasound. She is leaning towards bone marrow cancer right now, however no one has any definitive ideas because his case does not fit cookie-cutter with any disease...

And an update on Neko's personal life, he was very playful today! For the first time in about a month he was racing around the house and playing tug with me with his stuffed bunny. Nice to see him in happy spirits :) it makes me feel less bad about taking so long to figure out whats going on with him.

Guest blueberri

Sending prayers for Neko, and for you. I hope they figure it out soon, and Neko's health improves. :f_white

P.S. I think he's utterly gorgeous. What a beautiful face :wub:

Guest Nekos_Mommy

Still waiting for the word to make the next appointment, but in the meantime neko seems like he feels amazing! He was chomping at the bit on our walk today and even wanted to race after a kitty he saw in a field. When we got home he was chasing his toy bunny around for quite a while.

Itll be interesting to see if his pcv has improved or maybe he started regenerating?? Im curious to find out. Ill update his medical news as soon as we get the okay to bring him in.

Sending prayers and good wishes for you and your sweet boy. He is so lovely. You are an amazing Mom.

This! The love you show for your boy is incredible.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

So glad to hear he's having some good days! He's so lucky to have you as his Mom.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

sending more prayers to you and Neko :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

:hope Keeping you both in my thoughts.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest AngelPup

Continued prayers being lifted up for you and Neko. I'm so glad to hear that he's feeling a bit better and playing! That's great!

You really are a wonderful pet parent!