Spent The Night In Emergency..

Guest Nekos_Mommy

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So glad to hear Neko's got a good team working for him and that you've got your finals behind you. I can't imagine being able to concentrate on finals under those circumstances. Will continue to sending good thoughts and will be checking back for updates. :goodluck

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Oh gosh, he has the sweetest face :wub: Reminds me of a sweet boy I used to know - his name was Jimmy (JimPatTim)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Neko is so handsome! Sending lots of good thoughts and prayers out to you guys.

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

He is so beautiful.....and very blessed to have a human who is doing everything possible for him....

Many well wishes....

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest Nekos_Mommy

No medical update yet, but just an update on how he is doing.

He seems to be getting increasingly more tired/weaker. I have taken him out to hang out in the apartment dog park (it never has any dogs in it so i treat it like a backyard) and he walks around sniffing, but multiple times now I have seen his hind end give out a bit and cause him to stumble. He is panting more than usual, and ends up laying down in the grass after 10 minutes. (he used to use this time to run around)

He also has had some aggressive episodes. He has never shown any signs of aggression (growling or anything) in his life but has had 3 episodes in the last 2 weeks where he lifts his lips, snarls, and chases after me snapping and growling when i go to pet him. He also went after our cat the other day when it walked over to sniff him. I do believe that he is doing it because he isnt feeling well, but I am hoping there is not a neurological aspect to whatever it is that is going on with him.

Still awaiting the bone marrow biopsy, should be early this week, just though I should share his progression.

the good news is that I havent seen any new bruises since wednesday.

I'm sorry he isn't feeling more like himself.

Sending continued prayers for Neko, and continued hugs for yourself.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

You and the cat need to give him plenty of room while he's lying down. He's weaker and may be feeling vulnerable.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest Nekos_Mommy

He's been panting and stumbling due to the anemia but he's been doing it throughout this whole process (and although his PCV is very low, it is still gradually going up) hopefully monday/tuesday he'll go in for the biopsy because he'll have his bloodwork run again. I just thought to mention it now because I noticed it again this morning when he was out in the little yard area and it was weighing on my mind :(.

We've been giving him lots of space, he comes to us when he wants to be pet and when he's laying down we make sure he's not disturbed. The cat has been very good and is afraid of him after being snapped at and wont go near (so that worked out well).

Last night he scared the crap out of me because I took him out for a potty walk before bed and it was dark (so i couldnt see where he was stepping) but he walked over to a bush beside me to pee on and all of a sudden would not put any weight on his right front leg. He continued to hop from the bush back to me on three legs and i made him stand in front of me as I checked him out. (of course I was panicking that something ELSE was wrong with him now too and he's just falling to pieces.) I felt him up and down and his pads and in between his toes for any pain but got no response. when i put his foot down to get him to walk to see if he still wont use it he happily started trotting ahead of me no problem..

thanks for the heart attack, Neko..

I figure he stepped on something kinda owchie but it was just the initial owchie that hurt (or he was playing a prank on me! :P)

You have both been through so much with this. I hope the biopsy gives you some actionable results.

He is lucky to have you (and vice versa).

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

Guest Nekos_Mommy

Just as another update/note.. This is new. He has always had thin skin, but the three veins in a line have only been there since the collapse. (they are not scratches, theyre very clearly veins.) His stomach seems to have some new veins present as well. The bruising comes and goes, but this has been here for a few weeks now. I dont know if its relevant, I just thought if I'm going to share all his symptoms I may as well be thorough. It kind of worries me that you can see so many veins that were not there before the collapse on his thighs and his stomach.

sam0773f.jpg

And one more just because picture sharing is fun :) this is neko 3 months ago (his PCV was at 36% back then, so mildly anemic, but nothing drastic at this point)

542742_10152530234150261_294272330_n.jpg

Guest Nekos_Mommy

I just got off the phone with Neko's doctor here in town that he usually sees who was calling just to check in and he mentioned that Neko's symptoms and test results sound paraneoplastic (which makes sense) and it got me thinking... the more I think about it the more I wonder if he has hemangiosarcoma :( I was just studying it in school so i dont know why I didnt think of this before.. it would make perfect sense.. The only thing that doesnt fit is that he never had pooling of blood in his abdomen, (although he did have bruising and swelling in his legs)

I know I shouldnt be thinking so morbidly when we dont know for sure yet.. to some extent I really just want an answer.. Seeing Neko feeling so awful is hard to take

Wouldn't they have tested for hemangiosarcoma and gotten results back by now if that is what it is? I'm not sure which is worse, knowing they have something like that or not knowing what is wrong. I almost think not knowing is worse, because when you know you feel you can start to take some kind of action towards treatment. Not knowing leaves you just hanging.