Spent The Night In Emergency..

Guest Nekos_Mommy

The depth of your loved was evident in every post you made. We all loved him. Thanking for sharing his story.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry for your loss so very, very sorry. It's simply not fair, but you did your best by your boy. I'm just so sorry he had to go far too soon.

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Guest PiagetsMom

You and Neko fought very hard throughout all of this.....I'm so very sorry that you had to let your sweet boy go :grouphug

So many of us are sharing your sadness, and are heartbroken for you. You and your brave boy fought so hard, and he knew how very much he was loved.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

So very, very sorry Neko had to leave you. I truly empathize with you. As someone said above, battling the unknown is so very difficult. We lost our angel boy Rousty last summer to an an illness the the vets were also never able to diagnose.

I've been following Neko's journey since the start of your thread.

RIP sweet Neko.

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

mssiggy2.jpg

Neko's name has been added to the list of Bridge Angels in Remembrance. :angelwings

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I am so very sorry :( :( you both fought so very, very hard. :cry1 :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest FawnFan

I'm so very sorry for your loss. So very sorry. You did everything you could for your very sweet boy. Thank you for fighting for him and with him. And thank you for letting him go... I'm so sorry. Will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

Guest AngelPup

I'm just catching up on this thread...what an emotional roller coaster. I'm so very sorry for your loss. You definitely gave it your all. May God's peace be with you.

:cry1 I'm so very sorry. :grouphug

:gh_run2

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I am catching up on Greytalk and just read the sad news. I am heart broken for you and Neko. I was so hoping for a better outcome but you did right by him. God bless you for all you did for your sweet boy. Sending gentle hugs and greyhound kisses- Janice, Luka and Peace

Guest FullMetalFrank

I have been away from GT for some time; and I just read thru Neko's story. Truly heartbreaking... We lost our beautiful Yukon Chelsa a year ago today to what (although a formal diagnosis was not forthcoming) fit the profile of a chronic, long-dormant ehrlichia that just hit her with a vengeance, and was unresponsive to treatment. She had just turned 10 years old and had been the healthiest dog I'd known up until one night when she spiked a fever, and started a downward spiral that I could not bring her back from. We also had the anemia; along with polyarthritis, uveitis, loss of appetite (I made her special milkshakes of her kibble and a concoction of tasty things and nutrition-packed extras so that every bite counted; and I spoon fed her 4 times a day.) She fought along with me until she threw an apparent clot that left her front leg paralyzed, and with the severe polyarthritis she just could not get up or around to go potty. She was tired; and she let us know that she'd fought enough. Next morning we took her in and even then I still kept hoping there might be something we'd missed; something to try. At the vet's it seemed that lying there, with her little pink blankie, she seemed more comfortable and at peace that she had in days, and it was because she knew that her doctors would tell Mom it was time... And so it was; but knowing all that still does not ease the pain or helplessness I felt at being unable to save her.

You and Neko fought a brave and incredible fight; your love for him and your strength when he needed you to be strong will be with you always and will bring you back together one day, when it is time. Godspeed, Neko; there are a whole bunch of wonderful hounds up there at the Bridge waiting to greet you (three of those angels are mine...) No sickness or pain will burden you there; only sunbeams, the best cookies, and perfect beach weather every day...

Oh ... I am so, so sad to read this.

You and Neko went through so much together. He couldn't have had a better person to take care of him, to do what they could, make sure he saw the best vets, and nurse him and comfort him. And when the time came, to do what was right. I know how hard that is.

Nobody could have done more for Neko, that's for sure. He was so very lucky to have you. And as others have said, I'm so happy for you that you had those few days in the sun with him - happy days, with the sun shining and him feeling good. He was a beautiful, beautiful boy.

Sending many, many hugs. :grouphug

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

I'm so sorry for your loss. You both fought so hard and I wish the outcome could have been different.

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Guest Nekos_Mommy

Thank you everyone for such kind words. We never figured out what it was, necropsy didnt give them any more hints.life has been a little rough, but time is beginning to heal my heart. I still break down when i see someone with greyhounds or when i visit his old favourite places, but i know i made the right decision. Every fiber of my being just wishes there could have been another way... i miss my baby boy :(

{{{{{{{{{{Nekos_Mommy}}}}}}}}}}

I'm sorry you didn't get any answers. And sorry you didn't get more time with your beloved.

Rest well, precious boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I think it's especially hard when something like this happens and in the end, we never get

any reason for it. You were the best mom in the world for Neko. You loved him with all

your heart and tried everything you could. It doesn't make his leaving any easier, I know.

Your pretty little fawn boy will be at your side forever now, watching over his mama that did

tried so hard to make him well.

Rest well now sweetheart.

All of us on Greytalk have a little piece of our hearts missing now too.

:(