Spent The Night In Emergency..

Guest Nekos_Mommy

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nekos_Mommy

We just got out of our appointment at OSU. He did well overnight in emergency and they brought his PCV up to 16%. We have him on prednisone, prilosec and doxycycline now and I am bringing him back in friday to re check his PCV (to make sure he's stable). We will re-check in a week (RBC regenerate every 3-5 days) so we should see some improvement by then if we will see any at all (they want to keep him on pred for as little as possible due to side effects).

All vets are in agreement that if this does not work there is nothing more we can do.

Praying with all my heart and soul that this treatment works for Neko. You are an amazing mom to him.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Still praying for Neko and you.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Nekos_Mommy

Neko is staying overnight at OSU tonight so they can keep an eye on him. I was at work when I got a call from my boyfriend that neko was breathing very irregularly with his eyes rolled back into his head and an irregular heartbeat. His PCV is at about 15% so his breathing is probably due to his anemia. they are going to keep an eye on his breathing patterns tonight and possibly give him a transfusion if he drops at all (they would like to see him about 20%)

Hoping he's okay through the night and stays stable... apparently he looked VERY uncomfortable at home... I almost put him down tonight but we decided to definitely give the pred a chance to work before waving the white flag.

Thank you so much everyone for your support, it really has helped.

Keeping you and Neko in my thoughts and prayers tonight. Hang in there, we're all pulling for you!

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Praying that today is better for Neko.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Hoping for some good news for Neko today... :hope

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Praying the prednisone has started working and he's showing some improvement.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

We've been pulling for you and Neko all along the way. Hope he continues to improve.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).