Gus (Deco Viper) Is Gone.....

Guest AmberGusDad

I am so sorry to read of Gus's passing. I recall reading his story and you going to get him. You gave him a life that any Greyhound would love to have, do not blame yourself for his passing as he knew he was loved and he would not want you to do that to yourself.

Run free Gus, run free sweetie... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FawnFan

I'm so sorry for your loss. I don't know Gus's story yet it sounds like you stepped up without any hesitation and provided this boy the very best loving forever home he could have ever wanted. Thank you for being there for him. Run free Gus and send your Dad a sign that you're OK.

Again I'm so sorry for your loss. Rest in peace Gus.

Guest LadyChester

My heart skipped a couple of beats when I saw Gus' name. I think that's because my heart has a mind of its own ... and it knows how much you loved Gus, and how much he loved you. That was always evident, and that's what really matters. I can imagine you feeling that you failed him in some way, but I can't believe it to be true. Please give yourself time to grieve.

Godpeed Gus ... even though most of us were never fortunate enough to meet you face-to-face, you have a special place in our hearts. And hugs to you Ed. Thank you for all you did to help this extra wonderful fellow. Let the lovely memories fill the giant hole in your heart, at least for now.

I'm so sorry. Another old-timer here who knows of your love and devotion. I so hope he is met at the bridge.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Guest Grhndad

Ed,

I am so sorry to read this about Gus. I've know you for a long time and you did everything you could. You did not fail him!! I'm sure Gus will be met at the bridge by many of our old friends.

Ed, to us old timers here on this board Gus' story is legend.

Please be kind to yourself. Gus was one lucky dog to have landed with you. I am so sorry for your loss.

CollageSnap

<p>Finn, Wink, Birdie, Snap and SmokeyJG Quicknfast 7/25/99-5/16/08, JG Quickwink 7/25/99-9/22/13, Iruska SweetDuv 7/19/03-11/9/16, Delbar 6/11/11 and Catahoula Smokey

Many hearts are aching with yours.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Gus.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

You never failed him from the moment you opened up your heart and home.......

Be kind to yourself......I can say this from the heart as I've been trying to come to terms with my recent situation.

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

I have felt like that twice now. With hindsight, I see that there wasn't really much I could have done. I hope that time will lend you a kinder perspective, too.

:bighug

couldn't have said it better myself.

sending you MANY hugs and I am SO sorry. :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Ed,

I am so very sorry for your loss. Please be gentle with yourself and know how much your boy loved you.

Gus, go meet your human sister and give her a kiss for your dad.

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Ed, you know that if anyone can speak for Gus, I can. He had the very best home, the best human and the best life ever. He was afraid of everyone until he met you, and you became his life. You did everything possible for him, and he loved you for it.

The problem with falling for these hounds is that just don't live long enough. No matter what we do, it's never enough. We do the best we can in the time we have with them, and then they nearly always go first. The hole is hard to fill, the emptiness is hard to deal with. But, in time, there will be another guy out there who needs you just as much as Gus did.

Thank you Ed, for giving Gus such a perfect home, and wonderful life.

STILL MISSED: TEDDY"Ted Sarandis" 8/18/92-7/3/2001..WILLOW 2/21/95-10/12/05..MAGIC "Special Dark" 9/20/93-10/3/2002..STEELY "Sport Connection" 8/1/90-7/2/04.. BARNEY "Pa's Sad Eyes"8/1/93-5/9/07..ALLIE 6/96-10/17/08...MR. BRITT "Cedarun Brett" 8/1/02-7/15/11..HARPER"Dashin Along"1/11/01-3/12/12..CAVAN "Pat C Cavan" 12/29/98-6/19/12..WHISPER"Ecstatic Events" 7/11/01-10/7/13..Lilly"Mimosa Maria"4/27/02-6/23/14..NELLIE"Afteraracenellie"5/21/2000-7/7/2014...SANTOS"Galgo" 2000-7/10/15..MOLLY"JWC Molivia Girl"3/18/02-3/6/16..

NewLogo.gif

I'm so very sorry. You and Gus had a bond so very unique and special. For Gus be gentle with yourself. I am quite certain he would want that for you.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

I remember Gus' capture and all that was done. it was guite the adventure and all of us here in Houston were beyond thrilled. I've followed your story all the way up until a few weeks ago.

I don't think you failed Gus but I understand your feelings. He had a lot of things that were hard to overcome and you couldn't have saved him in the end. I think you of all people would say to remember the good times and not dwell in the past.

I'm just thankful he didn't have to make the trip back here.

You have been and will continue to be in my thoughts. In the end, you were Gus' world. You mattered.

RIP Gus....

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

I'm so sorry for your loss of Gus...yu loved him way too much to have failed him...hopefully in time, you will understand this.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross