Ekko, July 4 1997-June 28Th 2012

CaliforniaGreys

Guest madredhare

She was so lucky to have found you. What a blessing she was. Run free baby girl. If you see my Dixie girl, tell her I miss her.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Claudia, I hardly know what to say. Ekko was a one-of-a-kind girl and she certainly found exactly the rigt home with you. I always loved pictures of her sweet fuzzy face and hearing about her latest antic around the house.

Run far and fast a free sweet Ekko! You will be greatly missed....................................................

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Oh no! I'm so very sorry. Ekko was a force; there will never be another like her.

Godspeed Ekko.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Miss Ekko was well loved...

Running2520rainbow2520bridge-1.gif

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

I was stunned to see Ekko's name here. Ekko stories were some of the first things i read when i joined GT, and her infamous "book" will live on here. I am so sorry for your loss. She brought laughter and joy not only to her Mom, but to thousands of people she never met.

Run free sweet girl. :f_pink

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Claudia, I am heartbroken reading that Ekko passed. I am so grateful you were there through the whole thing to provider her with comfort and love. God bless your family for rushing over to help you both. I loved Ekko from afar, as if she were my own. I'm a complete sucker for naughty girls and she was a Naughty Girl, the Naughty Girl, but in the most fun, playful and sweet-spirited ways. My thoughts go out to you, Wayne, Lenny and Baby Sprinkles. I know Ekko will be watching over all of you, along with Misty who I am sure was there to greet her and give her the business as only the fabulous Misty could. Hugs and prayers for all of you.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

I am so sorry you lost your beautiful girl. I loved reading about her and she outbid me on a lot of auctions. God speed, sweet Ekko.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

Thank you for sharing your very special, fuzzy girl with all of us. Ekko will ever be forgotten. We loved reading about Ekko's antics.

Sending you a hug, Claudia. :grouphug

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Guest Mom2Shiloh

I'm so sorry... Ekko deserved ever so many more happy years before she crossed -- there's just something extra about a Staghound :weep Heal gently -- she was, and always will be, one in a million.

Guest Spencers_Greyt

I am so very very sorry! I loved all the threads and pics of Miss Ekko. She was indeed a very special girl! My thoughts and prayers are with you. I will miss Ekko very much! :candle

I am so sorry. I am stunned Claudia, Ekko was such a presence that it does not seem possible that she could be gone.

Ekko, run free and know that you will always be remembered.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Guest greytexplorer

{{{{Claudia}}}}

so sorry about your losing your sweet gyrl.................

the picture of her "at home" reminds me of my own Ester...... :cry1

I hate that this had to happen, but SO GLAD that you had each other in your lives!!!!

Love you,

Pat down South

Thank you everyone, so many of you have been such a big part of our life. I think I am so shocked with this particular loss because it always seemed that nothing was going to get her.

Most of her antics, as strange as they were, would just make me laugh and often wonder what in the world would make a dog even think of doing some of the things she would do. But then there were some things that were dangerous, most of which I never told anyone because they would wonder if I was capable to keep her safe.

One day I put 1lb of dough in the oven to rise, I put it in the oven just to keep it away from her because I knew better...no place seemed to be safe so I thought I out smarted her. Big mistake...I went downstairs to put clothes in the dryer and came right back up.

Ekko had opened the oven, took the dough out and ate the whole pound. In a panic I called the e-vet right away, I thought sure this was the antic that would do her in. But nope...didn't even bother her.I never would have imagined she was capable of opening that oven door, it's pretty heavy.

So, I made the mistake of developing the attitude that nothing was ever going to happen to her. To see her so helpless was a feeling I can't even explain.

All I do know is the bridge better watch out because Ekko will test the patience of a saint!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless