Ekko, July 4 1997-June 28Th 2012

CaliforniaGreys

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest arlosmom

Such a beautiful spirit now frolicking at the bridge. You and she were blessed to have each other. The last pic of her and Sprinkles set my tears a flowing.

Guest budsmom

I am so very sorry, I just don't have the words. The world is most definitely a little dimmer place without Ekko. I'm so glad she found you and knew how wonderful life could be, noone could have loved her more.

:f_pink :f_pink

I'm so sorry for your loss. I've always loved hearing about Ekko's antics (happily not in my house B) ) & seeing her beautiful pictures. I'm sorry you didn't have more time with her but what a long life she lived - a tribute to her strong & stubborn heart. She must leave a very large hole in your lives & I wish you peace. Godspeed Ekko! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Oh God it was just crushing to see her name in remembrance. :weep I just refuse to think about anything except her many happy antics. If its denial so be it but I just don't want to ever let go of all her happy little things she did. That is Ekko.

Ekko, perhaps you can send a sign, something uniquely yours- like breaking something! You know you are loved always and will never be forgotten.

:f_pink :f_pink :f_pink :f_pink :f_pink:brokenheart

Claudia, that dough story brings a smile to my face on this sad morning. What a girl our Ekko is!!! :beatheart Love and peace to you, Wayne, Lenny and Baby Sprinkles.

Jackie, Dazzle and Tangerine

Jackie with Tangerine and Chimes

Always missing Gracie, Steely, Annie, Payne, Twilite, Janey Bug, Bindi, Sophie, and Dazzle

Ekko has been a bright spot in so many people's lives here on Greytalk! She will eb truly missed! :candle

Run free sweet Ekko, and rest easy, your famibly will have lots of love from the greytalk peeps! :bighug

gallery_14635_3193_11799.jpg

Missing our pups at the Bridge--Amandas Kelsey 03-15-1996 to 05-02-2008; Melissa May 07-17-1998 to 11-23-2009; Emily's Maggie 10-05-1995 to 05-20-2010; Flying Kendra 01-13-2003 to 02-28-2011; Izzy (Smile Please) 06-27-2002 to 03-28-2012: Senator (EF Rob Statesman) 04-30-2000 to 12-30-2013: Secret (Seperate Secrets) 04-10-2003 to 08-03-2014: Tugboat (Thugboat) 06-07-2007 to 07-27-2015; Betsy (Bee Better Now) 12-04-2004 to 07-02-2017: Dottie ( Rooftop Spottie) 08-08-2004 to 05-11-2018:Abby (WW's Dear Abby) 11/2008-08/2020: Tiny (Piccadilly Girl) 08/2007-10/2020:  Tiller (Kelsos Tillerson) 10/30/2018: Heart (Lions Heart) 03/08/2014

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

I am so very, very sorry :( :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Claudia, as I told you yesterday, I am so very, very sorry about Ekko. Although I know how horrible it is to go through that kind of seizure, I am so happy that you were able to be there with her to reassure her. I may grow to love snow if I start thinking of it as shredded tp from Ekko.

Run free, lovely Ekko.

Beautiful beautfil pictures of a beautiful girl that was so fortunate to find your heart, soul and couch. Godspeed Ekko and may the wind always be at your back. I am so sorry to read this but glad you were with her so she was not scared any more.

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

Guest jettcricket

I just saw this on FB....again I'm so sorry in the loss of your most beautiful girlie.

"Grieve not, nor speak of me with tears, t'was heaven here with you".

God speed beautiful..... :beatheart

Claudia....

My deepest sympathies on the loss of Ekko. She was a beautiful hound..... I was so lucky to have had the opportunity to meet her.

May she watch over you and your hounds.....

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Ekko will always be one of my forever favorites....your stories of her "badness" made me laugh and her sweet face made me smile everytime. I will miss both. Rest well, pretty girl.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

NO no no no, I don't want to read this. I am SO sorry Claudia. I know there is a hole in your heart tonight. Keeping you in my thoughts.

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

I'm so sorry Claudia.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Claudia and gang-

My heart sank when I saw Ekko's name. i always loved reading your stories about her as she reminds me so much of Maddie and her antics.

There will only be one Ekko and no one can do the taking down of the pictures like she did. Thank you for the joy and love you gave her.

Runn Free Sweet Ekko you will be missed by many but met by many when you are at the Rainbow Bridge. Please give your Mommy a sign that you made it safely.

Claudia- Hugs to you.

Amy & Maddie

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]