Ekko, July 4 1997-June 28Th 2012

CaliforniaGreys

I read about this on Facebook and I am so, so, so sorry, Claudia :cry1 :cry1 Ekko was such a character, I have lost count of the laughs I've had reading about her and her antics (especially with toilet paper)... she will be so missed. Your heart must be grieving so much right now, what a huge hole she leaves behind.

Keeping you in my thoughts :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug I am so very happy you found each other and that she ended up in the life that she deserved.

Rest well, Ekko...

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so very sorry for your sudden loss, Claudia. :grouphug I've loved your pics and stories about the naughty and beautiful Miss Ekko, and she will be very missed here. :( Godspeed, sweet girlie... :beatheart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest greybookends

I was thinking of Ekko earlier today. My heart sank when I saw the title of this thread. She will be missed. I am so sorry.

:f_pink:gh_run:f_pink

So very sorry for the loss of your beautiful Ekko.

She sounds like a once-in-a-lifetime dog.

Remember the good times......

:bighug

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Oh Claudia - I'm so very sorry. Ekko has always been one of my very favorite GT personalities. Her sassy-pants antics have made us giggle and her sweet, gentle ways have made us swoon. GodSpeed daring Ekko. You are terribly missed already.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/mtbucket/siggies/Everyday-2.jpgJane - forever servant to the whims and wishes of Maggie (L's Magnolia of JCKC) and Sam the mutt pup.[/b]

She's classy, sassy and a bit smart assy.

I am so sorry to hear about Ekko, her antics always made me laugh and made me gratful that my hounds were so laid back. I am sure all of us will miss hearing about her latest antic but the memories you have of her will always make you smile.

Claudia I'm so sorry that Ekko had to leave, I know Misty was there waiting to help her cross the bridge. I'll miss reading about all her silly antics, but she will always be remembered for her sweet fuzzy face.

gallery_13728_3197_7131.jpg

Charla, Mom to Carl ( Bella Monsoon ) 5/2002 - 9/2016 and remembering Gracie Rose ( Cee Bar Xtreme ) 2/2002 - 1/2014

Guest Energy11

You and your grey babies gave new life to this lovely baby girl! Everyday with you, was like Heaven for her, we are sure. We loved reading her stories here, and on FB, and always loved seeing her pictures, because she had such a beautiful, kind face.

She will be missed deeply by you, for sure, but by all her "fans" as well. We are six of them! We love you, and loved Ekko! ... Run free baby girl ... God Speed ...

Dee, Curfew, Goldie, Oakly, Staggerlee and Cari ... she has already met my inspiration for loving this breed ... Bold Energy! :gh_run2:f_pink

Guest cristaron

Oh sweet mama Claudia..

I am so very sorry to see this.

The little fuzzy girl that I thought would live forever, now gone.

The beautiful girl that kept you on your toes all these years with her unending

antics and entertaining ways.

Such a tragic loss for you, Lenny, Wayne and Sprinkles.

Maybe she'll run into a sweet little red and white girl that you were willing to open up your

heart and home to a few years back when she so desperately needed it.

Hugs to you my friend from afar.

Hold that little girl's memory tucked deeply in your heart and she'll be your guardian angel

from this day on.

So very sorry mama.

Marcy

Claudia there are tears running down my face. It just seemed like Ekko was immortal, and so she is, but not with us anymore. It's so hard to believe and I am so, so sorry. I know your heart is in a million pieces right now. :f_white

I will light a candle for her journey now, and hold her good friend Rickie extra-close.

:weep Claudia, I just don't know what to say. Those pictures were beautiful. :weep

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I'm so very sorry Claudia. Ekko was without a doubt one of a kind and so very special. She will be missed.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

I never knew Ekko, but she sounds like a wonderful girl. I am so glad for both of you that you were there with her at the end. I am so very sorry for your loss. I still miss my Mama girl (had her last litter at 9 1/2) and I hope they meet at the bridge so they can share their blessings.

Godspeed Ekko.

june

Edited by june

I'm so sorry. I always enjoyed hearing Ekko stories. She was definitely one of a kind. You are in my thoughts.

Patty,

Mom to Jaxson 5/12/2017

Forever in my heart: Joey 11/01/2007 to 12/06/2018, Scout 11/19/2005 to 07/15/15 and Jack 01/03/2004 to 06/11/2011

Oh sweet mama Claudia..

I am so very sorry to see this.

The little fuzzy girl that I thought would live forever, now gone.

The beautiful girl that kept you on your toes all these years with her unending

antics and entertaining ways.

Such a tragic loss for you, Lenny, Wayne and Sprinkles.

Maybe she'll run into a sweet little red and white girl that you were willing to open up your

heart and home to a few years back when she so desperately needed it.

Hugs to you my friend from afar.

Hold that little girl's memory tucked deeply in your heart and she'll be your guardian angel

from this day on.

So very sorry mama.

Marcy

I remember :beatheart

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Oh no, I am so sorry to see that Ekko has passed, I too loved reading your stories of her antics and especially her obsession with TP. She will be missed by many, Godspeed Ekko.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten