Tila - The Greyt Wannabe

djsgreys

Today we said goodbye.

I'm not sure where the years went, it seems like yesterday that this tiny lady cuddled in my coat as we brought her home on my birthday,almost thirteen years ago. We somehow made it through the first year, often throwing a ball up and down the stairs for hours on end to tire her out. She was so energetic and outgoing, we took her through obedience classes, agility and flyball training – to give her an outlet for her energy and the opportunity to be adored (which she loved). Then we had a very serious bout of Pancreatitis and almost lost her. She was hospitalized for three days and came out of the experience very fearful of strangers and these activities became stressful not fun.

Eight years ago we brought home our first grey, and Tila found her new purpose in life. She was goingto be a greyhound! And not just one of the pack but the boss – and the boss she remained as the parade of fosters and new greys joined our home. My little 12 pounds of wannabe set the tone for the house, and ruled with an iron paw. Supervising bed time, making sure none of the greys tried to take her spot on the bed, snuggled up next to me.

DSC01989.jpg

A greyhound in the body of a min pin/Chihuahua, a true wannabe, Tila had to do everything the greys did – only better. Though she never ran with the pack in the big yard, once they were done and leashed up – off Tila would go, as fast as those legs would carry - looking back at the leashed greys as if to say "See – this is how it should be done."

The biggest, fiercest watchdog

DSC00051-1.jpg

If they needed a drink, she needed a drink

DSC04845.jpg

With her twin sister, Suzy.

DSC00037.jpg

Even a Tila cockroach

DSC00076.jpg

A little over a year ago, as we watched her run with Daisyin the yard, we were commenting that she was in the best shape of her life. A few days later she started to cough. We thought it was something caught in her throat and were stunned when she was diagnosed with a dangerously enlarged heart and congestive heart failure. The vet was not hopeful – perhaps with medication we would have a few more months. But Tila had other plans –she wanted one more spring, summer and fall.

This last week, despite increased meds, the cough just got worse and many times she was gasping for breath. She lost interest in food and going out. She could not have made it clearer that she was tired of the fight, and so today we helped her to the bridge, where her heart will be whole, and she can breathe easily as she romps with all our angels that will be there to greet her.

Tila, my amazing tiny lady, the house will be so different without you. I will miss your bark and your crazy rendition of a roo, your little body snuggled next to me as we watched tv, your help gardening. I will miss you always, and love you forever.

Edited by djsgreys

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Deb, I'm so, so sorry. Those spunky little girls just wiggle and worm their way right to the middle of our hearts. Bless you for giving Tia such a wonderful home. Godspeed little Tia. Run healthy and free again.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Tila... :wub: ...what a girl! I'm so sorry...those little wannabes are so special.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Guest PhillyPups

Deb, I am so very very sorry for your loss of sweet Tila, there are no words. :bighug

Run with the angels Tila and keep them all in line, you are with the very very best ~

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 She was a special girl. Thank you for telling us about her.

Godspeed Tila.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I am so very sorry for the loss of your little Wannabe.

:bighug

Our Wannabe, Bandit, will be waiting up there for her and they'll get along just fine.

Tila will be in her glory....Bandit is used to having somebody boss her around!

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I love the twins in their matching coats. I'm so very sorry. She was very special :f_red

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

What a lovely, fearless, quirky, exceptional little girl she was! The pictures are wonderful. No wonder you will miss her---she was a huge spirit in a tiny body.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Tila.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm so sorry, Deb. Your tribute and remembrance offers such a vivid, loving portrayal of a very specia little girl who found her way into a truly wonderful home. Tila couldn't have asked for a better life. Thank you for sharing her with us.

Rest well, sweetie.. :heart

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Those little ones can have such a huge presence. I am so very sorry. Thank you for sharing your special wannabe with us.

Cindy

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

We are very sorry for your loss. Run free Tila. :f_pink

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Deb, I'm so sorry for your loss. I can tell from your tribute how very special Tila is to you.

Run with the angels, Tila. Make sure that big brindle girl minds her manners.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)