Now Patton's Limping

Guest Shermanator

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry to read this devastating news. My heart breaks for you and your family. :grouphug :grouphug

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

I'm so very, very sorry that you are going through this again. I often wonder if the stress our families go through triggers the cancer into action. It's something my vet and I have talked about and she believes it could be a factor.

I'm in agreement about the tramadol not being enough. Dr Couto recommends a combination of meds to keep the pain under control. Usually it's tramadol plus an nsaid like metacam, deramax.

Let me know if I can do anything, even if it is just to let you vent.

Hugs for you all. :grouphug

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

I'm so sorry. You and Patton are in my thoughts and prayers.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I am so very sorry. Patton is in the very best hands with you, tho, as nightmareish as it is for you, he needed to be with you. There is more leeway with the Tramadol, you definitely have room to up it for him at the dosage he is on now. And perhaps add the Deramaxx. Or, just love on him and have some ice cream, geez. I am so sorry. grouphug.gif

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest Shermanator

Patton is holding his own. Yesterday (Tuesday) was ok. He slept for most of the day, and at night was a little active. (Once the meds wore off a little.) He ate and drank like a champ. :)

However, he is still limping badly, still in pain. The vet told us to give him 3-4 pills of tramadol every 8 hours as needed.

This roller coaster ride is killing me. I want peace. Yesterday, he had a little spark that gave me a little hope, but I know most likely its false hope.

We will not amputate, only palliative care. I do not want to put him through a surgery.

Thank you for all your good thoughts. Just having a very hard time.

Patton is holding his own. Yesterday (Tuesday) was ok. He slept for most of the day, and at night was a little active. (Once the meds wore off a little.) He ate and drank like a champ. :)

However, he is still limping badly, still in pain. The vet told us to give him 3-4 pills of tramadol every 8 hours as needed.

This roller coaster ride is killing me. I want peace. Yesterday, he had a little spark that gave me a little hope, but I know most likely its false hope.

We will not amputate, only palliative care. I do not want to put him through a surgery.

We know all too well about having a hard time and we are here for you in any way we can. Even if it is from afar, know we are thinking of you and Patton.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

:grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

kelly -- i am SO sorry - i can't imagine what you are feeling with a second one right now -- but i do get the "roller coaster" emotions and the "sparks of hope" and the "wanting peace" -- please know that we totally get so much of what you are dealing with and are right there with you. and the "just having a hard time" -- you nailed that one. please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers! patton is in the best hands right now (and he knows it) give him a scritch!!

Guest jettcricket

Oh, I'm so so sorry. My heart goes out to you...sometimes life is not fair. I know with my angels Jett and Cricket I gave them good food, they had their annual vet visits and a good life and still I lost both to cancer.

Sometimes no matter how hard we try, it's out of our control.

Many hugs to you....I know what you are going thru and it stinks.

Edited by jettcricket

I'm so sorry to hear the news.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

You know what is best for your dog & if amp isn't right then it isn't right, period.

Hoping today is better & his pain will subside some with meds. The ups & downs are so very hard. Good thoughts to all.

Oh no :cry1 I am so, so sorry to hear this. Life is just so unfair sometimes :( I can't even begin to imagine how awful this must be for you... especially as your grief is still raw in light of your recent loss of Sherman.

Thinking of you and sending lots of hugs :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest greyt2love

I'm so sorry to hear this. How very devastated you must be. I truly don't believe it is anything you did or didn't do that caused this. Please don't beat yourself up over that ! You have enough weight to carry right now helping Patton through this.