Now Patton's Limping

Guest Shermanator

Guest Shermanator

We are going back to the vet, AGAIN. I cannot catch a break.

I noticed P was limping a little yesterday, favoring his left front leg. No biggie, there was no behavior changes, and we were at the bark park that morning. While Patton doesn't really run at the park, he trots a little, so maybe he did something.

This morning when we got up, he was limping. Badly. I hoped as the morning progressed, he'd loosen up, and it was just stiffness.

Nope. Its bad. He didn't get up to eat this morning. He's usually the first there at the call for breakfast, jumping, and barking with excitement. This morning, he didn't even lift his head off the bed. He eventually got up, but really didn't eat his eggs. BIG problem.

He's laying quietly, and of course we are going to the vet as soon as I get off work. However, I know he could be limping for MANY reasons, but we just lost Sherman 6 weeks ago to cancer. I cannot handle the possibility.

I know there is nothing I can do until we get to the vet. But I just needed to vent, and get my worries out.

THIS SUCKS.

Edited by Shermanator

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope it's nothing serious for Patton. We'll be crossing our fingers for a good vet visit.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Many prayers. Please keep us posted.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest MyBoys

Sending good thoughts and prayers and keeping everything crossed that it is nothing serious :goodluck

Edited by MyBoys

Good thoughts and prayers for Patton. You know... I can get paranoid over hints of Kidney disease, having lost 3 to it, so drinking more than just enough and getting picky over food are dark omens - yet for 13 years my last dog didn't have kidney disease. So yes of course I can understand your natural concern over cancer and a search for potential triggers and associations. I hope your vet confirms that Patton has something readily treatable like most dogs do.

:goodluck

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)