WFUBCC #232 - The Falling Leaves

3 hours ago, Patsy said:

*wonders if she should have insisted on a nice entire can of dog food after she gave all that blud instead of a pineapple juice and a doughnut*. 😉🧐

Over here all you got after giving blood was a cup of tea and a biscuit!

M.”E”.C.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

Hello my Friendlies!!

All cloudings this morning but it's sposed to get sunnings later on, tho it won't be hawthawt just in the 70s.  next week we mite see the start of the rainings season with rainings all week!!!  :( 

I did NOT get to say goodnite last nite cause Momma was switching over from my old tablit to my new tablit, and it tooked longer than she thotted.  <_<  

Miss Patsy, I get LOADS of foods when I give my bloods!!!  Lessee...  I got a can 'o dog foods, and about haff a pakkige of chikken jerky, and a couppla handfulls of smaller beefy treatos.  Plus also, the week before I go Momma gives me a little more foods in my brekkie and dinner, and also more waters on it, so to build up my bloods and make it easier to, like, flow out, I gess.  :dunno 

Yes, Miss Wiki, I did have some... um... looser poops last nite, but I'll be fine today.  Probly.  :devil  YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY BE A TEEVEE STAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :star 

Miss Carol Ann you go ahead and complain.  Everybody gots trubbles and we houndies are all hear to lissen to em.  Mostly.  Until we get bored.  Or tired.  ;) 

Mister Nate we sure hope that your part of the country gets more betterer sooner rather than later.  Affer we hadded that big icey storm here a few years ago there was places that didn't get their lektricities back from February until MAY!!!  Places way up in the mowntins or isolated farms and stuff.  It was brootal.  :( 

Miss Lizabeth, how are you gonna know when the roads and stuff are OK for you to even get back home???  We sure hope that allimagator isn't in your living room!!!!  :eek  

Somebody Momma knows that lives in the Panhandle of Flowereeduh got pichers of those pretty lites in the sky last nite!!  :yikes   We coulda sawed em here but we'd hafta drive out of the city.  They've been showing up a LOT here lately!!

Momma is hoping for a lazy day today - as opposed to alla the rest of the lasy days!!!  :rofl  - cause she is feeling kinda puny.  

Oh wait!!  Momma finally pikked off the mellins cause it's just too cold.  There's only one tommytoe plant in the garden now, along with the carrits (and some herbs like parsley and chives and bazills), and Momma is moving stuff around and putting the pots and plants to bed.
54053848506_2f158b9445.jpg20241008_181752 by Greysmom6, on Flickr

On the left is the wadermellin, about the size of a softball.  Then the stripey one is a mellin like a cantalope callt Tigger, a little bigger than a goff ball.  Then two mellins of some other kinda mellin.  The seedings comed out of the Tigger pakkige but they are clearly not Tiggers!!!  :lol  Momma will probly cut em open today to see what's inside em and if they taste like anything.

Wishings for a fulsome Friedday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

39 minutes ago, greysmom said:

Momma will probly cut em open today to see what's inside em and if they taste like anything.

We will wait with bait on our breff to hear the outcome of this! Hopefully it’s a treasure in there. :D

Miss CarolAnn, complain all you want. My Mistress gets wiped out and hasta take a rest affer puttin my bed back in the cover. The thot of 28 cooshins is daunting! :ohno

Miss Lizabeth and Jupiter, I hope you guys get home safe and sound and all is well when you get there.

There are a whole buncha electric peeples who went to Flooradah to help from rite here in Green Bay! They’ll get everythin fixed up in no time.

Wiki :ph34r

• Like 1
Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Arvo, mates!  How ya going?  I am glad that it is Friday.  I have been lonely this week as she has been going into her office because of another trial starting soon.  However, she already talks about being at home can be trying, so I am not sure why she feels the need to go somewhere else for more.  People are weird!  :rofl 

I am glad to hear that things are not as bad as they could have been for Jupiter, Molleigh and their families. 

I am glad whinging is good here because otherwise not much would be said from this house!  :lol: 

Getting my first experience with autumn here in this part of the whirled.  It was rather chilly last night and cold enough this morning during our walkies that I hadda wear a coat!  She said it was 38 degrees.  We did have a good walk and no bears.  That is what happens when you finally get the spray.  She shudda gotten some last year!  

462839683_8892030780830402_1811999038382

462688497_8892030534163760_4090678326365

I do not think that I look quite so annoyed this time!  These are nice coats - they are fleece but have a light liner in them so no shocks when taking them off!  

Lacy is busy today dragging half of our stuffies into the yard so Gabe will chase her.  They are crazy.  I am happy to take over the red couch in the sunnyshine while she works.  

HAHAHA!  Gabe dragged a squirrel stuffy into the big leaf pile in our yard and it thrashing and chewing on it hard enough that she hadda go outside and make sure that it is a stuffy and not a real squirrel!  :lol 

Good for you to donate your bluds, AP!  That sounds so scary to me.  She said that I am too timid to do something like that.  Plus, the closet place is over an hour away.  

We are supposed to have a beautiful weekend.  I hope we get an adventure instead of just watching them do yardwork!  The sunnyroom finally got the outside put on the udder day.  It was vary noisy in heer but with eggstra peeps here, I got lots of pets!  

Crikey, she is pushing me off the computer as she is getting too many emails from werk.  Fridays are always crazy for her.  

Habs a g'day, mates!  

Fizzy :flip

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

:wave     From Front Desk. Very quiet here today.  Most of our guests are doing their own cooking and don’t come in for any meals. 

And YES!  Wiki needs to be a TV  :star

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I forgot to add that I think Wiki being on the telly is ace!

Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Wiki for star!

Wiki for star!

The hoomans around here cleaned the camper out this week, lugged all the innards to where they needed to be for the winter, and the remainder is sitting in the basement in front of the washer.  Da Mamaperson is regretting her decision to wash all the bedding (pillow cases and protectors included) before portioning it out into the appropriate/by the person black garbage bags and hauling it all up to the attic for the winter. Haven't done that for three years so it was time. 🤢

CarolAnn, wrestling pillowcases and protectors off just six pillows was a major chore. I can't begin to imagine what your project felt like!! 😱

Then my hoomans got their flu and Covid shots today after lunch and have officially declared the week DONE. No peenk bandanas or cans of fud or nice treats were involved. Bummer!

Me, I'm going to go back to sleep now. Stay safe everybuddy. 

• Like 1

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Sounds like everyone is DUN for the week and mom is too though she has 2 more hours and she's leaving work early today! YAY!

1920x0.jpg

Hot-Buttered-Rum-7.jpg

FI-Hot-Buttered-Rum-Eats-By-The-Beach.jp

cranberry-brie-bread-te-main-231113.jpg

Crescent-Roll-Baked-Brie-5.jpg

• Like 3

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 13 1/2 (!) and tuxedo Dio 7

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

5 hours ago, ramonaghan said:

Yes, Wiki should be famiss. :nod :ph34r

This! :nod :star:ph34r

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Mmmmm   ... lukit those cheesy breads  :chow

Loving the colourfool coats on the TheTwins & Fizzy  :)

Nigel has had his Hallowe'en fleecy on for a couple of days.  Dory - so far - seems fine without one.  Her furs are very floofy.   She has a new ChillyDogs sweater, but it's too thick for wearing in the house.  When I am finished work in another week I'm aiming to go to the fabric store and get some fleece to make Dory something. Maybe Kibo needs a couple of new ones, too.  Anything sweaters that are here are leftover from Nixon and Nigel.  Irish Sid's furs were thick and he never wore a house sweater.

Lottsa peeps saw the lights last night, but they said they had to use their phones.  So tonight I'll take mine when I go to to hang ovenight hay nets.  The young gal at work told me about the night setting and the 3 seconds. 

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

Here I  am at day's end. Thank doG all of my friends made it safely thru Helene & Milton.  Now the clean up begins for them, :bighug

Wiki:star a star is born. Maybe a TV show

Fizzy, Lacy & Gabe those are nice coats & you in them make them look even better.

Ok I am off to dreamand & send a wish for all of you to have sweet dreams.

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

Hahaha!!!  Miss Lacey and Mister Gabe do look remarkably the same like twins in their matching coats!!!  Glad yours is different Miss Fizzy!!  :lol

Miss Wiki, are you famous yet???  :dunno

Just as an aside, Momma says she would pay a LOT of munnies if she didn't ever have to watch ANY campaigning ads ever again in her whole life!!!  :yikes :bugeye  

Momma did a bunch outdoor chores organizing alla the garden tools and throwing pots and broked stuff away.  I followed her around cause she *touched* my loor pole and I thotted she mite get it out to play wiff me.  But she never did!!!  :angryfire

Later Gaters!!

AP - follower

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

AndiPants, Momma went to the garden center today and bought some pansies to replace the begonias in the window box.  She is gonna plant them tomorrow cuz it will be almost 80 degrees I the afternoon and much more comfy to be planting!

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

I should have mentioned that they are twinsies only because that was the only coat in Gabe’s size. While they are definitely different sizes, I will be seeing some type of button on the back to distinguish them. The coats, I mean. The dogs are already clearly different. Gabe is currently snuggled on my lap and Lacy is fighting with the recliner so get the blanket on it just perfect. It is hilarious because she is yelling at it while she moves it around. She is a couple crackers short of a sleeve!  Even Gabe looks at her like she has lost her mind. 

• Haha 4

I’m woefully behind but wanted to say that Florida Ower just gave me an estimate of October 17. :yikes  I’m not going to tell Richard until the morning. I’ll let him sleep tonight. I don’t know how the poor guy is going to take it.

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

It's time to let Angie go.   We knew that  because of the progressing ataxia, we wouldn't have her for that much longer, but we didn't think it would be quite this soon.  She'd been going along as usual, tottering around the house, looking spacey or confused sometimes, her back end sinking to the floor, eating pretty well, scaring us when she leapt down the steps and landed with her back legs splayed out on the cushions.  Scaring us even more as she attempted to get back up the steps, sometimes making it, sometimes falling backwards, but always getting up and stubbornly trying again.  And God forbid we thought she needed help.  She would fight us because she wanted to do everything on her own.  Doug and I went to the store this afternoon, and when we came back, I found her flailing around on the living room floor, twisting in her own poop, smeared all over everything, herself included.  She'd gotten stuck under a chair, and scraped her front legs and muzzle.  She was panicked and exhausted. Getting her up, trying to keep her standing while we removed the poopy collar and harness,  checking her injuries, getting her cleaned up and calmed down, was so hard and heartbreaking for us.  We don't think she is in pain.  She went for a walk yesterday, she ate hand fed steak and chicken tonight.  But she is tired.  And we know she's not going to get better.  But we'd thought she was at a fairly stable status quo, even with the worry of something sudden and urgent in the back of our minds, especially when I'll be gone for a week.  I'm afraid, afraid this will happen again, and she won't be able to get up, and she'll be terrified, like she was today.  And Doug would have to say good-bye on his own.  And I wouldn't be able to be with my girl in her last moments.  We talked and talked about this, about what would be best for such a proud and strong lady who has been a brave fighter all her life, what would preserve the dignity she deserves. And we decided that "better a week too early than a day too late."  There will be second guessing, I know, but we'll try not to do that, remembering that any decision will be made for Angie, and not for us.  I just can't bear the thought that not only is she not going to get better, but there might soon come the time when we are "a day too late."

I have to find a place that we can bring her to tomorrow, as our vet isn't in on weekends.  :weep

Edited by queenwinniesmom
  • Sad 8

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Oh Miss Nancy!  We're so sorry that Miss Angie's time has come, but we totally support your decishun.  Run in Peace sweet girl, and know all our hearts will be supporting your family.  :kiss2  We founded this for you:

Pittsburgh In Home Euthanasia Resources

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants 

Edited by greysmom

:coffee Morning.

Miss Nancy, we are so sad that it is time for Angie to go to the Rainbow Bridge.  But you are giving her the greatest gift by looking out for her this way.  We support you and hope that Angie has a peaceful journey today. :cry1 

Ivy 

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Nancy, however hard the decision is, you both know in your hearts that it is the right and kindest thing you can do for Angie. No dog who loves their owners can ask for a greater return of that love from them than to have a peaceful ending to a life well lived.  Please make a fuss of her from me.

Carol.xx

Angie, we ar sad that yur tyme wiv us is kumming to an end butt we know that Miss. NancyToo and Missr. Doug hav gived yu the best lyfe sints yu kum to liv wiv them and they luvved yu lots. They know yu will be wayting fower them atta Raynbow Bridge.

Likky kissis,

Nutmeg and Bandito Zavvi.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

:(    Angie     :bighug   Nancy & Doug.    Thank you for making the right decision for your girl.

Would your Vet come to the house?  

Knot to ccccchilly 10C :coffee

Ummmm. The 17th is Thursday. Only 5 days.  Why is Richard going to be upset?  Many people will have to wait weeks or months to get home.  Some don’t have a home to come home to. 

Off to ride then afternoon at TheDesk.  Today is our Annual Thanksgiving Dinner. Turnkey and Ham. Smashed taters. Punkin (knot our Punkin) pie.  Mmmmm.

Nancy, I’m so sorry you have to lose your little girl. She was such a spark in your life.

We are headed back home (and back to Eastern Time Zone). And the power is back on. 
It will be interesting when I tell Richard what we dodged. :ph34r

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound