WFUBCC - #229 - June busting out

Miss Cindy, me and Momma hope you can feel alla the love beaming your way from all over the whole Whirled.  :kiss2

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants 

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

:coffee Good morning 

Miss Cindy, Misser David and Lacy, we are thinking of you today.  :grouphug 

We had some BAD storms in the area near us last night with FOUR  tornados on the ground plusalso collapsed buildings wif peeple trapped inside.  The weathermen took ober the regular tv programs to follow the storms and warn people to go to basements.  The storms were close but west ob us.  Momma will watch the noos this morning to see what all the damage was.  :unsure 

gallery_22163_3545_11448.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

12 hours ago, palmettobug said:

Cindy, I believe Johnny passed of the same thing, he was not quite 8. I remember what you said about Goose & Maverick, his brother needed him more. 

And... now I'm crying again. :unsure   Cindy, you have borne so much this year. :bighug   Please know that lots of prayers are coming your way.

Kerry is awaiting the results of medical tests.  She said they'd take about a week but didn't say when she had them done.

FOUR tornadoes :yikes ?!?!?!  FOUR?!?!? ca1a20_1dd37bdf33a1422eb43f0b653cde1747~

I'm going in to Crossroads* this morning for a breakfast/lunch shift.  The boys are home all summer so there are up to 24 of them to feed each meal.  The big unknown is how my back handles being on my feet for 5 hours.  My nurse put in a script for PT to build my core (no, no I do not have the discipline to go the gym, nor can I find a local Tai Chi class).  We think that might help with the back pain.

* For anyone who doesn't remember, Crossroads Hope Academy is a foster home for teenage boys who have failed multiple foster placements (often through no fault of their own).  The have two campuses, one here in town, and one "our Bermont Road" 20 miles from nowhere.

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Dreary drizzly miserable sad morning :coffee

Hope Cindy got some rest :(

Oh my goodness, Kathy!   I didn’t know that your area was prone to tornadoes.  We’ve never had tornadoes here, but last week we had a warning and one hit only a couple of hours from here. Scary times.

I’ll be off to ride between the rain drops and Sid has his reading kidlets this aft.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

It iz an affer da rain Thorsday, hoomid and blech. 

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

And it's Mister Patsy for the WIN!  He saves the day! :confetti 
Now, I hope that there will be no more glitches and only good times on this trip. :kiss2

Jupiter, float wif your Mom in the pool.  She deserves to hab fun in the pool wif her favorite boy.

Oh, no.  Hampsome, beloved Angus is gone.  So suddenly.  SO KNOT FAIR. :weep  Miss Cindy, Mister David, and Lacey, I cannot sufficiently express how much I wish this had knot happened. :grouphug 
Cindy and David, I'm heartbroken for this sudden devastating loss. I don't know why the blows keep coming but I know that they are not deserved.  At. All. 

And serious weather for Ivy's area.  I'm glad your fambily is OK.

Miss Elizabeth, I hope your back will be up to the love (and FOOD!) your heart has to give those boys. :kiss2

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Thank you for Miss Kerry updates, Miss Elizabeth :kiss2

Miss Jennie

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

I was ready to give a morning post and then realized that I had no voice for the Club.  This is just not Lacy's thing.  Halise, I do not know how you are doing it.  The house is so still without the presence of a greyhound.  I got up this morning and automatically checked his favorite sleeping spots before reality sunk back in.  

Our vet called us again late afternoon to tell us what the radiologist said about the studies.  He also mentioned fluid in the abdomen, which helped )in my mind) to confirm that we chose the correct route.  She then apologized for doubting me when I told her something was seriously wrong with my boy.  I have now learned that there is very poor soundproofing in the new space and they heard every word we said while in the in the confines of the room with the door shut.  I was pretty torqued that she consistently dismissed my insistence that this was more than a GI problem.  It embarrasses me that she heard me complain to David about not being listened to, but I am going to go with the fact that maybe she learned something about trusting her clients' interpretation of their dogs' behavior.  She admitted that I clearly now my dogs better than she thought and that she was so hoping that it was really a nothing burger that she downplayed things.  I did say that I was happy that we could discuss things and that honest dialogue between me and my vet is important.  This is not the first time she has done this and I am now wondering if we would be better served elsewhere.  Probably not, but I hope she makes a note in our family chart that I know my dogs!  She did offer to take Lacy off our hands, though.  Her daughter is in vet school herself and is working at the clinic this summer.  She got to meet Lacy (who was there for her pre-spay bloodwork) and fell in love with the little psychopath.  :rofl  Clearly, her daughter has a long way to go in vet school!  :lol: 

I really, truly appreciate all the kind words and thoughts.  I did say to David and Angus right before he crossed that I know Zeke needs him as Zeke was pretty unsure in new situations.  I just wish that Zeke realized that I needed Angus more.  I am hoping that David comes around sooner rather than later about needing a big dog in the house.  He had not recuperated from losing Zeke and now with Angus gone, he is unsure if/when he can open his heart up again.  I did tell him that he already said no more cats and I agreed that he cannot take away everything because it sucks raw eggs when it is time to let them go.  I already used my free card to get Lacifur here so I don't have that one anymore!  The big beds are going to have to stay for now.  Lacy may want to snuggle in them and I am just not ready.  I have put his coats and harnesses away and that was already like cutting off my arm.  

We did not get those awful storms last night but I saw that a tornado touched down near my old house!  Yikes!  We did get over an inch of rain in a short period of time - I have limbs on my crape myrtles and dogwood bush that split and I have to take care of that today.  Glad you were out of the fray, Kathy!  

Sending lots of good thoughts to Kerry and hope that she is okay and on the mend.  

I hope everyone has a good day!

• Sad 3

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

:bighug 

Oh dearest Cindy.   Do not ever, ever feel embarrassed that they heard you reaming them out.    After all this time they should trust your judgement and that you know when something is wrong.  Hopefully this latest conversation with her has truly opened her eyes.   

• Like 4

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Hello my Friendlies!!

More nice weathers today and a little hawtter into the 80lebendees.

Miss Cindy, Momma has switched vetmarians more than once because they would lissen to her, so she totally unnerstands your feelings on the matter.  It's not like us houndies are out in a dog house in the yard, out of sight out of mind, for most of the day.  We are RITE THERE!!!  Unnerfoot, unnerchair, unnertable, always touching and wanting to be touched.  So our Momma's know when something isn't or is happening.  Momma is just gonna be devastated when our good vet retires from working, which could be anytime now - she owns our whole clinic, but she's cut back to only 3 or 4 days a week.  So even getting in to see her reqwires advance skedooling.  The other vets in the bilding are good for basikal dog stuff, but not for speshulized houndie stuff.  :(   We love you!!  :kiss2 

Miss Kathy!!!  :yikes   We did not know you hadded the tornaydoes around your area eether - tho it makes sense I suppose, from a meteorolikal standpoint.  :grad  We're glad you guys are all OK!!

Miss Jenn, we sawed on the news about your heating dome in central Californeeya!!!  :kiss2  

Miss Kerry we sure hope you feel more betterer soon!!  :kiss2  

Have fun at your volunteering Miss Lizabeth!!  We're glad you founded something to keep you bizzy and connekted down there in Flowereedah!!

Miss Patsy, didja make alla your flites and stuff??

Yesserday we gotted alla our munffly deeliveries form the Amazon.  Today we are getting some more.  Momma noticed when she was doing lawnries that most of her unnerwears were falling apart!!!  :lol  So she had to order more - plus brazeers and sokks!!!  Everything was wored out!!  Plus also, some other insidental stuff that's been bilding up nin the cart.  Then tamarrow we will get groshree delivery.

Wishings for a thankfull Thirdsday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

We fink Lacyfer would be happy wibs a dog like NoAh, a leetle older, but da same kinda size. I wonder iffn sum houndie friends come over for a visit, wuld Dr. Toofers change himz mind? :ghplaybow

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Miss Mam and Miss Chris, our area NEBER habs tornados so this wuz really weird and skeery.   Like Miss Cindy sed, one ob the tornados wuz in the town where she used to libs!   Plusalso the most damage happened in the town where Auntie Gwen used to libs.    There are a LOT ob beeg trees around and that's whot got blown ober and hit houses.

Miss Cindy, it's a shame you don't libs closer to us- our vets ALWAYS pay attentshun to whot Momma habs to say about us cuz they know that Mommas and Daddies know their houndies the best!    When you are ready, Greyhound Welfare habs houndies from both the You Ess ob A and also from Ireland.   There is a nice fawn and white boyhoundie named Hopper and a nice black boyhoundie named Tallis available right now.    We culd be a reference if you need one!

Ivy  51033670718_0c81b1b4d2_o.png 

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Miss Cindy, do not feel bad bout that vet hearin what you said. She needed to hear it and she should know you are profeshional houndie owner and know when sumthin is not rite! And you know this, but you did the absolute rite thin for Angus and he knows you lubed him vary mutch. I shore hope Lacifur doesn’t go even more nutso wiff no big houndie to keep her in check. Hey, that’s the angle! Tell that dentist that you gotta get a brood momma or sum other no nonsents greyhound to teech her sum manners! He moved a whole hooman into your house, you for shore can have a houndie.

I hadda go in the wire boks lass nite whilst my Mistress went to birthday pizza for Antie who is 93 today! :wow Thin is, Mistress don’t like the pizza at that place so she had salit and an assortmint of fried thins. There were no pizza bones.

Ivy, it’s skary that there were tornados by you. Didja hafta go in the basemint? Wait, do you even gots a basemint? My Mistress used to go to Rockville for work a lot and the hotel she stayed in was in Gaithersburg so she knows that area a bit.

Wiki :ph34r

• Like 1
Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

18 minutes ago, Jerilyn said:

Miss Cindy, do not feel bad bout that vet hearin what you said. She needed to hear it and she should know you are profeshional houndie owner and know when sumthin is not rite! And you know this, but you did the absolute rite thin for Angus and he knows you lubed him vary mutch. I shore hope Lacifur doesn’t go even more nutso wiff no big houndie to keep her in check. Hey, that’s the angle! Tell that dentist that you gotta get a brood momma or sum other no nonsents greyhound to teech her sum manners! He moved a whole hooman into your house, you for shore can have a houndie.

:nod  Wiki, I fink this is spot on on all counts.
Miss Cindy, you hab offered an important lesson for this vet.  If she's any good, she will have learned a valuable lesson that will make her a better practitioner.

Wiki, a broodie hound for Lacey is genius!  Pure genius. 

Ivy, we don't get tornadoes where I live either butt we had one about 5 years ago.  Some ob the destruction is still visible in closed shops and eben a closed manufacturing plant. :eek  Nobody here has basements so I don't know where we are apposed to hunker down.  Ma was at werk and I was home alone. The storm was close to her werk butt knot close to home, thank goodness.

Nate

Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

33 minutes ago, Jerilyn said:

I shore hope Lacifur doesn’t go even more nutso wiff no big houndie to keep her in check. Hey, that’s the angle! Tell that dentist that you gotta get a brood momma or sum other no nonsents greyhound to teech her sum manners! He moved a whole hooman into your house, you for shore can have a houndie.

:nod  Yep. This. Exactly.  :nod

Poor Wiki. Did you have your mouth all set for pizza bones?

I'm home from my new Thursday "job".  It was fun and I learned a lot (things I've wanted to know for 2 years about that kitchen).  I'll have some Tylenol and a nap and think I'll be o.k.  except.... My hands are burning from cutting and de-seeding peppers.  I'm going to go soak them in baking soda water and hope that does it.

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Miss Elizabeth, you need some disposable gloves like the folks on America's Test Kitchen use for peppers and for things that stain hands. :nod

I hope you feel all rested soon.

Nate

• Like 1

Oh, we are broke ub da hart.  Miss Cindy....dat iz juss debestating....Owr beautiful frend Angus.....

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Wiki, we DO habs a basement but I am afraid ob the basement stairs cuz they do KNOT habs carpet on them.   Cherry habs knot been down there either.   There are more tornado warnings for today :eek    We are used to hurrycanes and snowstorms, but KNOT tornadoes!!!!!!

We got a car ride today!  Momma and Daddy had to drop something off at the post office, so we came along for the ride!   Daddy stayed in the car wif us whilst Momma went inside and she opened the windows for us to stick our heads out and look around.

Miss Elizabeth, were they HOT peppers?   Yikes!   You do need to wear those gloves!

Miss Cindy, how is Lacy doing today?   Are you or :brushteeth able to keep her company?   How are you doing?   :grouphug 

Ivy 51033670718_0c81b1b4d2_o.png

3 hours ago, LBass said:

Miss Elizabeth, you need some disposable gloves like the folks on America's Test Kitchen use for peppers and for things that stain hands. :nod

:nod  My left hand still burns.  I soaked in baking soda and water.  I've iced it. :headwall  What an idjit!!

Miss Elizabeth, were they hot peppers?  Or regular peppers?  If it is from hot peppers would soaking your hands in milk help take the sting out as that is what cools your mouth.  If not would epsom salts help?

Feel better soon.

6 hours ago, BatterseaBrindl said:

Oh dearest Cindy.   Do not ever, ever feel embarrassed that they heard you reaming them out.    After all this time they should trust your judgement and that you know when something is wrong.  Hopefully this latest conversation with her has truly opened her eyes.   

:nod

5 hours ago, Jerilyn said:

And :nod

As I said, David is still fairly new to the Greyhound Circle of Love, he'll come around soon enough. But if he doesn't, well, you'll miss him, but the joy of opening your home and heart to new greyhound/s will take care of that riteawayqwik. Plusalso you can get another cat/s! (sorry knot sorry)

:grouphug

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

9 hours ago, dante2zoe said:

I did say to David and Angus right before he crossed that I know Zeke needs him as Zeke was pretty unsure in new situations.  I just wish that Zeke realized that I needed Angus more.

Oh, Cindy.....this broke my heart.  Your pain and sadness are palpable.  I just wish there was something we could do to help you through this saddest of times.  I do think that your connection to both of your boys was very strong, and they will have a paw in sending you someone to help your heart heal.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

My Cindy I thought you were having a sucky year & now this.  7 so unfair & I am glad that vet heard you so maybe now she will pay more attention to her clients. You are right you need a greyhound or 2.

Kathy I saw on the news tonight you are under the tornado gun tonight, good luck & be safe.  Something where you & I live we really never seriously consider but now we have to pay attention to alerts.  Ivy we have a basement too but I wont go down there.  In fact I wont go 1/2 way down & out the side door . If you turn left the stairs lead to the basement.  Mom & I will have to squees into the very small powder room..

Miss Elizabeth hot peppers & bare hands , ouch .

Well l am off to dreamland ,  Bitzi 

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina