Srsly Mom, let’s get going, it’s My Day!!

IMG-4931.jpg

Aahhh! That’s moar bedder, we’re here! :yay I gets to read wif the kidlets :yay It’s Lieberry Day!! 

IMG-4933.jpg

And indeed she did! There were about seven kids of all ages, the most attentive of whom was a 6 yo boy who was a delight, even helping me turn the book pages. His mom was smitten with AnnIE and was amazed at how soft AnnIE’s fur is. They spent considerable time together :wub: We had a very tired, happy camper. Thank you AnnIE :kiss2

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

aww, that is wonderful!  She is quite the ambassadog and reading helper!  

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

5 hours ago, Remolacha said:

:wub:  Oh AnnIE I wish we had had someone as wonderful as you around when I worked at the liberry! 

Awww, thanks :blush And mom said to axe you about them lieberry stories you must hab :lol

Thanks everyone! I think I’m getting better at the reading/interacting part but I’d really love to just drop off AnnIE for her gig and pick her up when she’s finished. :lol

• Haha 3

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

:yay   AnnIE   :yay

Thursdays is also Sid's day at the local Elementary school :)     

The kindergarten kidlets are our favourite   :P   but he's quite patient with the older kids who struggle with their reading.  

I have been very pleasantly surprised to see that our school board has reintroduced Phonics and the kids are learning to actually sound out the words.  

• Like 3

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

2 hours ago, FiveRoooooers said:

Awww, thanks :blush And mom said to axe you about them lieberry stories you must hab :lol

Thanks everyone! I think I’m getting better at the reading/interacting part but I’d really love to just drop off AnnIE for her gig and pick her up when she’s finished. :lol

AnnIE, most of my liberry stories aren’t suitable for a family forum :rofl  I will say my summer spent filling in for the children’s librarian confirmed that I was knot cut out to work with children!

• Haha 4

Yay AnnIE! You are a :star and so is your reluctant humom.

Yay to Sid too! :star 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

2 hours ago, BatterseaBrindl said:

:yay   AnnIE   :yay

Thursdays is also Sid's day at the local Elementary school :)     

The kindergarten kidlets are our favourite   :P   but he's quite patient with the older kids who struggle with their reading.  

I have been very pleasantly surprised to see that our school board has reintroduced Phonics and the kids are learning to actually sound out the words.  

Good boi, Sid :kiss2 Maybe that’s the type of program AnnIE should be involved in, having the kids do the reading! 

Kids love reading to the dog!   Even if he’s :nappy

Is there a reason you can’t ask the kids if they want to read the story?  

• Like 2

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Story Hour has been an established event at the lieberry library for quite a while, but you're right, it wouldn't hurt to ask to switch it up a bit. The director is out on maternity leave but I shall inquire. Thanks Nancy!

• Like 2

AnnIE looks so proud to be going to her job! 

Jan & Nancy should be proud of their work too.  I hope to one day have a dog who can do that kind of stuff. Wiki is not well suited to laying down quietly in a new place. :offwall :ph34r

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

40 minutes ago, Jerilyn said:

AnnIE looks so proud to be going to her job! 

Jan & Nancy should be proud of their work too.  I hope to one day have a dog who can do that kind of stuff. Wiki is not well suited to laying down quietly in a new place. :offwall :ph34r

:blush Until this gig with AnnIE, I’ve always just been their driver (Pal, Segugio, Aiden, Cletus) :heart

There have been days when substituting Wiki for AnniE would have been entirely appropriate :ph34r Sometimes the kidlets are just :crazy

:lol

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...