Maggie

fionasmom

After losing my pointer I returned to the greyhound breed. Yesterday I brought home Maggie from Forever Greyhounds. She broke her hock in October and retired to my couch. Her foster mom did a great job. She whines when she has to go out and crated herself last night while I was locking up downstairs. She is a champion counter surfer but I was trained by Fiona not to leave food on the counter.

And she loves shoes
31586736927_ff345a0238_q.jpgIMG_20181229_1543445

44709635100_1028059f9f_q.jpgshoes

Congratulations...she’s beautiful.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Yay you! What a cutie Maggie is! Best of luck!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Can't edit the title but I am starting to think the tattoo/racing name the rescue gave me is not correct. The dog they identified just raced on Friday so I could not have adopted her in central NY on Saturday (also my girl broke her hock in early October) . The tattoos are hard to read but I think my girl may be XT Pistol. The tattoos are one number off and Pistol last finished a race on 9/27 and my girl had surgery for the break on 10/6 so the timing seems to fit. Doesn't matter other than idle curiousity...

Congratulations!

She looks entirely comfortable already. :)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Welcome to you and Maggie, whatever her racing name is. Can't beat a brindle with a shoe fetish.

crated herself last night while I was locking up downstairs

:bow

And our sympathy on the loss of your pointer.

Edited by EllenEveBaz

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Awww... what a sweetie! Congrats to both of you. She's a collector! My Sobe was one when he first came to us. If anything was missing, it was in his bed. He never chewed things, just "collected" them. It was really very sweet, and funny. At least you'll know where to find your shoes in the morning LOL!

:beatheart What a poppet! Welcome home, Maggie!

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...