Paddy Mayhem: He's Been At The Bridge One Year

FiveRoooooers

The dust is still trying to settle. One year ago the complicated boy, the "dog who ain't rite", the soul who could both :riphair + :beatheart That one, Paddy Mayhem, was given his magnificent wings and left this Earth. Camp Greyhound, Heaven, must have been turned upside down when he landed. :seesaw

Aiden misses him terribly.

gallery_18837_3454_3889.jpg

gallery_18837_3565_25056.jpg

We all miss him. I'm still trying to wade through the necropsy report and comprehend just how ill he was. I'm guessing that "Several bizarre ..." is knot typical in a report and yet for Paddy Mayhem's it seems entirely fitting.

(While composing this the tears started and from out of nowhere there was a brindle boy at my elbow ... Aiden :heart )

Paddy visited me last week, on the heels of another camper who opened the door for him. I know that he is always with me. I just want to be able to hug that white neck again and go to sleep with his head on my shoulder and carry on with his joy of Noseworks and laff at the boy who just ain't rite. I didn't always like him but I did, always, love him. He heard that over and over and he understood. Get a young dog, they said, it will be great! And for four years, it was. (Mostly.) Geez Paddy ... His last gift as he struggled and prepared to leave was to lick my face and shove his nose into my neck. :cry1

One year at the Bridge, Paddy ALVIN! Mayhem :angelwings Our world just ain't rite without him.

gallery_18837_3454_23008.jpg

Edited by FiveRoooooers

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

:D ahhhh..the memories...

:bighug

Edited by BatterseaBrindl

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Paddy was a very special boy. He came to you bursting with life and energy. Sometimes he was good, sometimes he was bad but that is what made him a one-of-a- kind soul. One thing that was always constant was his love for you and his happiness living at CG.

Paddy Mayhem - always missed and never forgotten! :grouphug

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

What a beautiful tribute! I got your PM first and as I read it Paddy kept showing me 'mayhem and havoc' and I guess 'wild fun' is the best way to describe it. Then I read this thread and had to laugh when you said about him turning heaven upside down :beatheart I think you are quite correct. But his 'mayhem' is just as loved and embraced there as it was when he was at Camp Greyhound. Somehow it is fitting that he is still the happy, wonderful, and high powered hunk of love that is him through and through. :f_white Always loved-Never forgotten

Edited by racindog

Paddy is on our "greyhound refrigerator of fame" (we don't have room for a "wall of fame"). I laugh every morning as i open the refrigerator to that picture of him with his bottle of Paddy Irish Whiskey. That picture sums up everything about that boy that anyone needs to know.

I hope you're having a toast to him today with his brand. I hope he and Allie are spinning in circles together up there.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

With each bit of love, exasperation, and everything in between he evoked, Paddy quietly claimed another little piece of your heart, which, taken together, amounted to quite a lot.

Carry on doing what you do best Paddy Alvin Mayhem, you were one of a kind, as many in Heaven has discovered in the last year.

Your mom misses you :beatheart

To the special boy who just wasn't right and the human who accepted and loved him as such: :cheers

He left much much too soon and broke many hearts, mine included.

Paddy Mayhem :beatheart:brokenheart

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Hugs as you remember your boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

And here I am again crying for a dog I have never known but loved so dearly. Perhaps it was the coincidence that there are an Andy and a Paddy here as they were once at Camp Greyhound or tbat this Andy and your Paddy are closely related.

I still miss his adventures. Sending hugs all across the ocean.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Thank you All. :bighug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.