Follow Up Info Shine Got Hurt In The Yard

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh no :( :( :( sending many, many prayers the surgery goes well and she is ok!!! :hope :Hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Another mysterious greyhound injury :dunno . I think greyts have cornered the market on mysterious injuries that happen for the few seconds we take our eyes off them- occasionally. So frustrating but after having houndies for years I have got used to it. Poor baby. I am praying for a speedy recovery! Also sending love and positive energy. :beatheart

She is out of surgery and did well. They will call in the morning to tell us when we can pick her up. Depends on how she does overnight.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Sending all the healing energy your way, Shine! :heart

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Prayers for a speedy, complete recovery.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Best thoughts! Glad the surgery is done at any rate.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Miss Shine is home. She is not very happy. She has been whining almost constantly. She did sleep some of the night. She has diarrhea and not much of an appetite. I spoke with the veterinary practice and they said to stop the deramax. She has to be confined and muzzled when not watched. Leash walking for short distances. I ordered a soft e-collar last night, so maybe that will work better. I do believe she is not comfortable. I feel so bad for her. I am not looking forward to 6 or more weeks of this. Lets just hope for all she is going thru, that she heals well.

Poor baby! Poor you! She’s undoubtedly uncomfortable and stressed out. Praying for a quick and uneventful recovery.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Did they think the deramax was causing the diarrhea? Do you think she would benefit from more pain meds? Sending you all cyberhugs, including Odin.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Did they think the deramax was causing the diarrhea? Do you think she would benefit from more pain meds? Sending you all cyberhugs, including Odin.

They said to stop the deramax. I gave her a half of tramadol this morning, as she is not supposed to get her dose until the evening. She is constantly whining. I feel so bad as I don't know what to do.

Poor little girl :( . And poor worried person too. Can you check in with vet again? Might be she could have a higher dose of the tramadol than she was prescribed.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Keep in mind, the pain med could be *causing* the whining. too. Some greyhounds react badly to tramadol and/or fentanyl (if she had it during surgery or in recovery). If she has/had a fentanyl patch you may want to talk to them about removing it. If she had it prior and not now it may just have to work it's way out of her system. We had to switch to codiene sulfate because a couple of ours didn't do well with tramadol.

Plus also, she feels weird and she's got this big stupid thing on her leg. It will take a few days for her to get back to feeling normal again.

Still, even with the troubles, it's always best to have them home! {{{hugs}}}

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly