New Introductions - Pearl

Hello everyone! My name is Amber and I've been lurking around on this board for the last two years, getting a feel for what to expect once we made the jump to adopt our own greyhound. Well, that day came a few weeks back and I made an account so I could learn even more from everyone here. Two weeks ago my husband and I adopted our greyhound from a local grey rescue in Indiana, a sweet six year old girl named Pearl. She came from a track in Florida and had a fairly short racing career (about 22 races from what I've found)- she broke her leg during her last race in 2013 and it never healed correctly, so she's got a slight limp. Which is fine with me, because I blew out my knee a few years ago and I'm limping right along with her!

So far, she has been an absolute dream! She's a great listener, has already started to tell us when she needs to go outside, and has managed to master our full staircase in one week. She's also quite the expressive one- she pouts when she doesn't want to wear her muzzle or if there's no room for her on the couch, chatters her teeth whenever she's excited, happy, or scared, and does a lot of air-snapping and nitting when she gets excited to see us after work. So far she's exceeded our wildest expectations and we couldn't be happier to call her our own. We can't wait to see how she blossoms even more over the next few months/year.

36480448445_4301b66247_z.jpg

:welcome2 What a beautiful girl, her name fits! I love it when they chatter.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

I love Pearl's smile! Welcome aboard!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Welcome from Indianapolis! She is a very pretty girl! :)

Katy....Mom to Retired Racers Hinder, John Carter, Hobsen, and Kodama, Galgo Espanol Gichin, and the Village Idiot...Teko
Missing terribly my fawn dog with the pretty ears Chance (Ale Seeyoulater) 6/21/05-6/23/15 Gotcha day 4/6/08 and my fuzzy baby boy Snacker (Tyville Snacker) 7/4/04-10/23/15, and all three of my IG babies, Isen, Tien, and Java.

Thanks everyone! I have to say, I'm very partial to black animals in general, so I was thrilled when we were matched with Pearl. Her ornery side is beginning to show, and she's gaining more and more confidence every day. Here she is after she slipped out to the patio the other day when we weren't watching (and then got blocked in by a cat!)

36434300411_95e9672716_z.jpg

She's also a roach-pro... Every time she falls asleep, her legs are in the air within minutes!

36175720770_8eb6a1ed9b_z.jpg

Welcome home, Pearl! You are most beautimous! :wub:

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".