(Happy and they're safe)

We would be so happy you and me
No one there to tell us what to do

I'd like to be under the sea
In an octopus's garden with you

- The Beatles, Abbey Road

On December 8, we helped our girl Darcy cross the bridge to the octopus's garden. Octopuses were her favorite toys. We always requested them from our GreyTalk Secret Santas. Darcy was 14 years and 10 months old, exceptional for a greyhound, but she was always a determined lady. She was with us one day short of nine years (December 9 was her Gotcha Day). Darcy developed a soft tissue sarcoma in late-October, which was progressing quickly. She was incredibly stoic and fiercely independent. She deserved to leave us with dignity. So, we let her go while she had more good days than bad.

After a long race career (154 races), Darcy spent over a year at the Wheeling kennel waiting for a home. She was older, and black, but we thought she was perfect.

Greyhound_Ds_Zipperfoot-big.jpg

Darcy was a legendary hoarder. Whether it was toys or carpet runners, they all wound up in her bed.

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

Darcy never met a kiddie pool she didn't like.

IMG_0724.jpg

11831471_10207476211326198_151796351_o_z

Being the stoic dog she was, Darcy rarely let her guard down. It took us a year to catch her roaching. I wish more people got to see her loving, playful side.

IMG_0884.jpg

We'll miss Darcy dearly and hope she is surrounded by all the octopuses.

IMG_1950.jpg

IMG_2387.jpg

DSC02183.jpg

10548071_10204691149302718_1747723817206

Goodbye Beautiful Girl!

Darcy.jpg

DSC01601.jpg

12112407_10153330805432017_1244089789276

Edited by winnie

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

I'm so sorry for your loss. How hard it must have been to let her go just before her gotcha day, but what a brave and lovely thing you did to see her off before she declined further. Rest well, Darcy.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Run free and enjoy all the octopuses, Darcy. Hugs to your special family.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

Lovely Darcy...I'm so very, very sorry. What a tough year you've had :grouphug

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Laura.... so sorry your special girl had to leave....what a great life.

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

I'm so sorry.

Run far and fast and pain free, sweet girl. You are missed....

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

So very sorry it was Darcy's time to leave.

Remember the good times.....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I am so sorry for your loss of Darcy. What an incredible life you had together.

groupwindia-greytalk2.jpg

The handsome boy Brady, mid-morning nap. The sun, the sun feels so, so, so good.

I can't keep my eyes open ... ... Retirement agrees ...

... and the Diva Ms India, 2001 - 10/16/2009 ....

I'm so sorry. She was a special and much loved girl, that is clear. Godspeed, sweetie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so sorry for yet another loss. :grouphug

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I am so very sorry for your loss of Darcy. I love her photos. Take comfort in knowing that your sweet girl is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds