Mac...5-3-02----5-30-15

macdaddy

All good things must come to an end....even the best of things...we have, with much anguish, made the difficult decision to help my beloved Mac across Rainbow Bridge...we've spent the past few days with hugs, cuddles,tears and love....today we had a special mid day meal of cheese burgers and ice cream and then took our final ride...my heart aches ..the tears won't stop..I am in darkness and despair.. :cry1

the past year has been....difficult....he grew progressively more and more frail...weak in his hind quarters and stiff...he stopped getting up on the couch or love seat while we watched t.v. ..than stopped laying down on his pads/dog beds...even outside in the sunshine..his most favorite place in the whole wide world....for most of the past year the only place he's been comfortable was on our king sized bed and except for potty, meals and shot walks that's where he spent all of his time...we tried to spend time with him but it was difficult and he was pretty lonely..his world grew pretty small..the past few months brought more problems...he stagger and stumble on the rocks in the yard when going potty and would 'sag' in his back legs if he had to walk any real distance or stand for any length of time...30-40 minutes was all he could handle...he collapsed on our last 'long' walk...less than 3/4 mile.. and had to be brought home in the van.... next came difficulty controlling bis bowels..he'd leave the occasional 'turdette' when he struggled to get up...still it was manageable as long as we were conscientious with potty breaks...last month he started limping badly in his left front leg..2 vet visits, x-rays,blood tests, pain and anti-inflammatory meds helped some but the Dr. basically said that his time was short..said there were a number of other option we could consider but "in a dog that age"..and he used the term 3 times...he wouldn't recommend it...things went further south this past week or so..he had 3-4 accidents in the house..if there's any "back pressure" at all he go..I don't think he even was aware it was happening..he'd just loose control..Mac was 13 which is a pretty good run for a greyhound..and he had a really..really.. good life ..he was spoiled rotten because ...he deserved it...he was my faithful friend, my constant companion, my heart dog.. for 11 and a half years..my first greyhound ..the one by whom all others will forever be judged...the most perfect, gentle, noble, loving soul that ever walked this earth...he leaves a 70 pound hole in my heart and I'll miss him terribly and forever...but will be forever thankful he was a part of my life...I'd be a much better person if I had his attitude and gentle spirit...I'll see you on the other side Mac...love forever..your Macdaddy :candle

Dogs and small children are the only people I really get along with....MacDaddy

So very sorry for the loss of your boy.

Remember the good times....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Guest PiagetsMom

After so many years together how very hard it was to make the decision to say goodbye to your perfect boy, Mac. I'm so very sorry :grouphug

Awwww how sad, I hate that these precious hounds have to go through all these health issues. It's so hard to watch them become so frail. I'm very sorry for your loss, but your love for Mac will stay in your heart forever. :f_white

o888p2.jpg

Nancy~Mom to Wizard July 9, 2006 and Lexie June 25, 2009

Always in my heart, my goofy boy Sarge 8-25-04....5-17-11

I'm so very sorry. I wish with all my heart that we could stay together longer on this earth.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

I am so sorry you had to say good bye to your beloved hound. He had the best life and he will be with you always in your heart and memories. I know it isn't the same but it will have to do until you are together again. Talk to him, he will hear you.

Sending gentle hugs and greyhound kisses,

Jan, Luka and Carter

I'm so sorry-it's very clear that you loved your boy so much. Please know that we all share your sadness. It's a pain that resonates so deeply. I hope that in time you won't be sad when thinking of him but, instead thankful that he shared his life with you.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your special boy.

Godspeed, Mac :wub: .

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so sorry. I know how much your heart hearts right now..... and right now it feels like it will never end...... and you will never feel the same. Take each day as it comes. I was lucky enough to receive a visit from the late Miss Magic after she crossed....yes...they are all there....they are happy and they waiting.

Sending prayers for your heart to heal.

:f_red

greytalksignatureresized.jpg

The first one is always tremendously special, paving the way for those who follow. They teach us so much, as you discovered with your special boy. I am so sorry for your loss.

Godspeed Mac.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so very sorry.

Godspeed Mac.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)