Henry Actually Doesn't Have Osteo! (Update Post #311)

a_daerr

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking of you and Henry today. That is awesome that your GH friends threw a part for him! I was doing my Cyper Monday shopping today, saw this and thought of you.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/161581382/greyhound-jewelry-greyhound-necklace?ref=shop_home_active&ga_search_query=tripod

Love this! Rachel (RMarie) said I was meant to be a tripod mom. :)

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear things went as well as possible!

Good to hear from you, Kristine! Hope silly ol' Wendell is doing well.

Glad the surgery is done. I think it had to be hard knowing it needed to be done, waiting for it and waiting to hear how he did. The next hard part is waiting to see him again and get him home. You must be so exhausted. My heart goes out to you.

The nurse called with an evening update. He's coming around and ate some canned food (he even tricked them by finding and discarding the pills they hid inside). They said he was up and walking around outside too. Very stable, seems comfortable. The bruising is pretty bad, which was expected. But they're icing it every hour, and he's tolerating that well.

If he continues to eat and appear stable, he may come home tomorrow. They're watching him close, though, due to his seizure history.

Excellent update, Alicia, I've been thinking of you and Henry today. Get some rest tonight. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

So glad to see these positive updates! Yes, that bruising will be extensive---lots of soft tissue trauma. But that will pass, and his fur will grow back. I know that many people say they didn't think about, or even notice, the leg being gone. Wish I could say I was one of those, but I wasn't. But still---I was glad we did the amp because it was the right thing to do for many reasons. Just remember what Dr. Couto says---Greyhounds have 3 legs and a spare. And there is no stigma against tripods in the animal world.

Try and get some rest before he comes home. You'll need it. :nod There will be an adjustment period, of course, and things might look worse before they look better, But that will pass. He's young and strong, and he'll do fine!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Great news that surgery went well and he's up and eating!! A lot of times they won't eat in the hospital which makes it harder on them.

I was only allowed to see Twiggy twice while she was in the hospital, and not for 2 days after surgery. I was still surprised at how out of it she was. Just to let you know, he likely won't seem much like himself when you first see him.

Continuing to send good healing thoughts out for Henry!

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

He's coming around and ate some canned food (he even tricked them by finding and discarding the pills they hid inside).

That's our boy! Sending warmest wishes for a smooth recovery.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter