Henry Actually Doesn't Have Osteo! (Update Post #311)

a_daerr

The reason I'm concerned is because the policy is so new. I had ASPCA for three years, then decided to switch after they kept denying everything. With the new insurance (Healthy Paws), we're outside of the waiting period, but barely. Plus, I'm used to my old insurance company going over everything with a fine tooth comb and looking for any reason to deny claims. I guess I just don't have much faith in insurance companies on the whole.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I wouldn't worry. And if they deny it, just let me know. I have the CEO's email address. ;)

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Good morning! Hope everyone slept well!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

More great pics! He's looking happy to be home and that is what counts.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Healthy Paws has been amazing for Aston. I didn't buy the policy until this January (a few days before Aston turned 10), and he was diagnosed with lumbosacral stenosis in April, the signs for which had been slowly showing over several months. Fairly high bills were initially incurred, + lots of ensuing bills for related pain medication and treatments, and we've always gotten prompt payment.

Give Henry, Truman and Meezer squishy hugs for us :heart:grouphug

Henry had a peaceful, uneventful night. I slept on the couch to be with him, giving Truman the opportunity to sleep in bed with dad (which he usually loves). No dice this time. Trumie stood outside the gate and cried and whined until I let him back in. Henry only woke up once during the night because he was having a hard time getting comfortable. He kept spinning in circles, then getting up because it was presumably painful for him to lay on the incision. He went back to sleep, though, after I got him to turn circles in the other direction. Success! He figured it out pretty quickly.

In the morning, I found that Truman had been on a mission to bring Henry toys. There were tons of toys lying on the floor, some in Henry's bed. It was a little funny because he must've hunted for toys all over the house. Elephant, hedgehog, baby hedgehog, pig, giggling veggies, the beehive (even though all the bees were missing). Some of them I hadn't seen in awhile. I don't know if Truman was attempting to get him to play, or if he thought the toys would help somehow? Whatever the reason, I could tell he was proud of himself. It was very sweet.

I think DBF is having a harder time with this than me. :( He is such a stoic, unemotional person that to see even small traces of sadness in him is a huge deal. I asked him to carry Hen out to the yard for a bathroom break, and he was very concerned about hurting him. When we got outside, I said for him to take the leash off. He was real worried about Henry falling. I told him, it's okay. That we have to let him adjust and learn to do things on his own. He said, with a suspicious catch in his voice, 'I know... It's just hard seeing him this way.' For me, it was surprisingly easy to accept the way Hen looks. I mean, he's alive and his personality is exactly the same. But it's definitely been a bigger hurdle for DBF. They will spend the day together tomorrow while I go back to work, so hopefully that will be a step forward.

DBF will see how well Henry is doing and will feel better about it :)

SO GLAD you had a restful night, and OMG SO SWEET re: Truman and the toys.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Oh my, the toy story. :wub: But why are there no pictures of this?!

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Tripods rock! Just remember that. He'll come round once he sees Henry walking and running fine. Charlie actually could run better than walk while he was a tripod as walking involved a 'hop'.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Oh my, the toy story. :wub: But why are there no pictures of this?!

I got up this morning and automatically started cleaning up. Then I started noticing, like 7-8 scattered in and around Henry's bed. I was like, 'Where did all these come from? I haven't seen this stupid beehive in months.' If he does it again tonight, I'll get a picture. :lol

What a good boy Truman!

When our Faye Oops was diagnosed with osteo, Celeste would watch her to make sure she got up the stairs, etc. Its so sweet to watch. Celeste was with Faye Oops every step of the way.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

Henry is still doing great. Today, he played with toys and even chewed on a bone for awhile. The bruising looks to be getting better. Instead of being concentrated around the incision, it's spreading out and getting lighter. The diarrhea is also getting better. The lab that has his biopsy is forwarding the slides to Dr. Mason at UPenn.

I don't know why, but every amputee usually lays on their incision side. Dude never acted like it hurt him, so I just let him lay however he wanted. And yes, amps usually do move much faster than four-leg dogs - they have to keep their momentum up to make up for the lack of one propeller.

Truman is so sweet! I was just happy the rest of mine didn't knock Dude over every chance they got!

Go Henry!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Sweet boys :wub:

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Wow, I am truly amazed at how well he is doing. Go Henry!