Henry Actually Doesn't Have Osteo! (Update Post #311)

a_daerr

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tentatively, the plan is for Henry to come home today. :yay

Unfortunately, everybody is stealing his special "get well soon" presents.

2la8qpi.jpg

Meezer staked his claim on this Christmas Lamb Chop (which is bigger than he is).

htcktz.jpg

Truman tested out the "hospital bed."

Wow! Look at that bed! Henry is going to love it! Can't wait to see photos of the special guy in it when he finally gets home. :beatheart

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

Guest Eyeblaura

I am just now seeing this. I am so sorry to hear about Henry but it sounds like he is doing well. Here's to his continued recovery and good health.

Continued great news, that is what we like to hear. As others have said, when he gets home, breath and make sure as Wendy stated in an earlier post to have instructions on increasing pain meds as needed. You don't want the pain threshold to peak as Henry will be very uncomfortable.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

So is he coming home today?!! :hope

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Henry's home! He was so happy to see me. Came in with tail wagging, and immediately licked me on the face. Everyone at the vet's office sang his praises and said he was a very good boy. Not depressed, not mopey. He must've felt like he was in a resort, because everyone was giving out free chicken and massages. His energy seemed great, and I was impressed with how well he was getting around (I'm still in a cast myself, so he was definitely moving better and faster than me).

The first thing he did when we got home was find his super pimped-out hospital bed. No hesitation- laid right down in it. He's been sleeping comfortably for the last few hours. His nurses said they were getting him up every two hours to ice his incision and massage the other leg, plus, they had nine other patients coming and going in ICU. I imagined he would be very tired when he got home, and indeed, he was.

We received a very exuberant greeting from Truman and Meezer. I tried to keep Truman away, but he was not having any parts of it. He wouldn't even lie on the couch with me. He insisted on being near his brother. After I brought his bed down and put it next to Henry, he settled and was also able to rest too. Here they are together in the Daerr Hospital Wing.

2d9bfuv.jpg

I'll post some more pics later, but the bruising has mostly migrated to his belly. He is retaining some fluid in the other leg and also a little bit on his belly and groin area. It looks a lot worse than it is. They said it's already improved significantly in the last few days, so they expect that to dissipate in less than a week. We are icing and massaging at scheduled intervals and administering Amicar. I was actually expecting the shock of the amp to be worse for me- but I saw his happy face, and knew it was Henry, just minus a leg.

All things considered, he's doing very well. I'm taking another day off work, then Sterling will be home with him all day Friday. I'll continue to post pics and updates for all of Henry's fans and supporters. And to everyone who's asked, I'm doing okay. Things are much better now that the dreaded waiting phase is over. I'm ready to have a good attitude and take care of my boy.

This update makes me teary. Glad to hear he's doing so well. And I love the symmetrical sleeping and Truman watching over his brother. :wub:

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Finally caught up on all of this. So happy that Henry is recovering so well!!! Praying for a long time of joy and love to come!

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

Great update Alicia! So glad to hear you are ALL feeling better. Prayers and fingers crossed that you all continue to heal and be happy!

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/mtbucket/siggies/Everyday-2.jpgJane - forever servant to the whims and wishes of Maggie (L's Magnolia of JCKC) and Sam the mutt pup.[/b]

She's classy, sassy and a bit smart assy.