Shelby, May11Th, 1999-May 1St, 2013

Charlies_Dad

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet Shelby.......your last years were your best years. Happy trails, little girl. Tell the boys "hey" for us.

Kyle, I'm so sorry........trust a sweet girlie to take a hard decision out of your hands, and head for the bridge in her own time, in her own way.

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

No No No...not sweet Shelby.

Oh Kyle...I am heartbroken for you and Lynn.

You gave that old gal such a greyt life for the past couple of years.

We lost one of our Dobes suddenly.

Alive and happy one minute... and collapsed on the floor and gone the next.

It's such a shock, but nothing that you could have done

Thanks for giving Shelby such a wonderful life, full of love.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Guest bethac

Kyle, please accept my sympathy on Shelby's passing. What a special time for her these last few years with you. Thank you for taking her in and loving her just as she was. Sending hugs. :grouphug

Oh Kyle, I'm so very sorry for your loss. I think that photo of all 3 of your angels is one of my favorites. Godspeed baby girl.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Kyle, I am so very sorry for the sudden loss of your beautiful Shelby. How lucky she was to have lived the best years of her life with you and your family.

Rest in peace, sweetie.

:grouphug:f_pink

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I am so sorry, Shelby was a lovely girl and I am sure she is running like the wind at the bridge.

:f_pink Godspeed Pretty Girl :f_pink

gtsigtest5-31-1-1.jpg?t=1338477409
Mom to Emmi (WM Lickety Split) & Asia (Devious Walker)
Waiting at the Bridge: Shadow, Willow, Tony, Nina, Reggie, Sunny, Webb, Rosie, Rowdy, Ivy, Smoke & Raina

I'm so sorry kyle. I hope you find comfort knowing her last years were her best years

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Kyle and Lynn, I am so very sorry. It's true, how thoughtful and loving of Shelby to spare you from having to make a decision for her. My eyes are leaking as I type this. The seniors steal and break our hearts at the same time, but, there is no love like that from a senior. Shelby must have had quite the welcome when she arrived. :heart:grouphug

Godspeed pretty girl f_yellow

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest IHeartDogs

I am so sorry Kyle... Sending comforting hugs to you all.

Run free sweet Shelby, you were loved by many on here...

I'm so sorry. I'm glad she found her way to you so that she could enjoy the last years of her life in the way she should have enjoyed all of it. I wish she'd been able to stay a while longer.

Godspeed Shelby.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

She waited eleven years to find your family, Kyle. And then she was home. Finally home.

I am so sorry for your loss of your pretty girl. :grouphug

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

I am so very sorry! She always did do things her way, didn't she? She was able to pack a lifetime into the short time she spent with you.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest Vers

I'm so very sorry for your sudden your sudden loss. I was smiling through tears when I saw her smile in her "squinty" pic. What a beautiful girl, and as quiet as she was, she knew she was loved by you. She was so fortunate to be brought into your family, I wish she could have known your love longer.

Godspeed, gorgeous girl and send a sign of peace to your family.

I'm so sorry for this sudden loss, Kyle. She did things on her own terms, including her leave-taking. How lucky she was to spend even a few years with your family!

Godspeed, Shelby.

:f_white

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Bless you for taking Shelby into your home in her senior years. I'm so sorry for her sudden passing.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Oh Kyle, I'm so sorry to see this. But my goodness, what a sweetheart she was. Her sweet eyes give off all of the emotion any dog parent needs....love. :beatheart Her brothers must have needed her wisdom :nod

:grouphug

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

I'm so sorry :grouphug .

Rest in peace Shelby.

:brokenheart:gh_lay:brokenheart

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Oh what a sweet soul. With eyes like hers you don't need to say anything else. My heart is breaking for you. I know it is a whole new kind of pain when an elderly adoption crosses over. Aggie was 11 when I adopted her and she made it to 14 1/2. Thank you for opening your heart and home and making Shelby's dream come true- she crossed over as a beloved pet who will never be forgotten. You just know Charlie has already given her dog hugs. My deepest sympathy. God bless all.

:f_pink:f_pink:f_red:f_pink:f_pink:gh_lay