Greys Robin Hood (Robin) 4/2/05-11/14/12

fsugrad

"My candle burns at both ends; it will not last the night; But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!"

With broken hearts, we helped our most handsome Robin to the Bridge this afternoon. A few weeks ago, he started developing hind end weakness and knuckling under. He then progressed to the point of urinary and fecal incontinence. We thought he might have lumbosacral stenosis, but further diagnostic testing revealed that he had a large tumor in his prostate. Therefore, with cancer and neurological deficits that were getting worse by the day, we made one of the most painful decisions we have ever made. My husband, Jim, and I stayed with him, holding him in our arms, until the end, telling him what a good boy he was and how much we loved him. Even our vet was crying, as she absolutely adored him.

Robin came to us 4 years ago this month. He was saved from JCKC by Pam Davis. We fell in love with him the moment we saw him. He technically wasn't available for adoption when we first met him. He had so many issues....he was a big boy with an amazingly high prey drive, didn't like any other dogs besides other greyhounds and whippets, and we won't even mention what he thought about cats.... so many issues that Pam and Glen thought he would live with them forever. But they agreed to let us give it a try.

Robin was the PERFECT dog for us. We didn't care that he wasn't safe around cats, we were never going to have one since our son was allergic. He was a perfect gentleman in the house from day 1 and he loved his big brother, Toby. Robin was super-affectionate and loved people. He loved being petted, kissed by, and fussed over by everyone who met him. We made sure never to put him in a situation where his ultra high prey drive would ever be an issue, and it wasn't. He had a sweet, puppy-ish personality all the way to the end. At the same time, he also had the heart of a warrior, and he carried himself so very proudly. If it sounds like he was a complicated soul, it's because he was! He was simply awesome.

Robin had a larger than life personality, and we absolutely adored him. We feel so fortunate and blessed that we were able to share four years of our lives with him. On the other hand, we are angry because Robin was only 7 years old and we feel that he was horribly cheated out of many more happy years, even though we know that there are no guarantees in life.

Robin, we will love and miss you forever. There will never be another greyhound like you. We will miss playing ball with you, and we will miss all of your stuffies strewn around the yard and around the house. I hope you know how very cherished and adored you were, our beautiful Texas longhorn cowboy. Our lives are so much richer having spent the last four years with you.

We hope and pray to see you again some day, beautiful boy.

cleats008-1.jpg

robinpic.jpg

edited4.jpg

bhs001.jpg

collars034.jpg

newcollarz052.jpg

pool003.jpg

RobinPicjpg.jpg

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rita and family, I'm so very sorry. Robin was always one of my favourite houndies. :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I am so sorry for your loss.....Far too young.....that disease is so evil.... but while it may take their bodies, it can never take the beautiful memories that they leave behind.....

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Rita, I'm so sorry you've lost your lovely boy, a long-time favorite of mine.

Godspeed, Robin.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Such a handsome boy your Robin was. You made one of the hardest yet most loving decision for him. I am sorry he left you so soon.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Oh my God, Rita. I gasped out loud when I saw Robin's name here. I am so sorry for your loss. So sorry. I loved your Robin stories and pictures. How sad to lose him at such a young age. Robin was so incredibly lucky to have had you and Pam in his corner.

Sending you a hug across the miles. :grouphug

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Oh Rita - I'm so very sorry. He was truly one of those larger than life personalities out of JCKC. GodSpeed handsome Robin.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/mtbucket/siggies/Everyday-2.jpgJane - forever servant to the whims and wishes of Maggie (L's Magnolia of JCKC) and Sam the mutt pup.[/b]

She's classy, sassy and a bit smart assy.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I, too, have always thought he was so handsome and regal. It is so unfair that he was so young, but you gave him a wonderful life and made a very

selfless decision to let him go. Godspeed, Robin.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Oh NO NO! Oh I am so very sorry, I've always loved pictures of Robin.

Godspeed, Robin.

Edited by Jenbo

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

Guest RooMcClanahan

Oh, no. I always loved hearing about Robin -- such a great, handsome pup who was obviously meant to be with you guys. (He's a relative of our Greys Sky Sail.) You were both cheated out of too many years, but at least Robin's best ones were with you. We are so sorry. :cry1

Edited by RooMcClanahan

Robin was one of my GT favorites. I'm so sorry that he left so soon. Thank you for giving him a chance when others couldn't.

Run pain free Robin. :f_white

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I'm so very sorry you've lost your big, beautiful boy so soon, Robin. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Oh no! I am so sorry that you had to lose Robin so soon. :grouphug He was one of my favorites on GT, I loved seeing his pictures!

Run Free Robin! :gh_run2

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Rita, I'm so very sorry for your loss. What a special boy your Robin was, I'm going to miss seeing him here on GT.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee