Xander (C's Chico Bob)

NeylasMom

Xander (C's Chico Bob), "Bob" as he was known back then, came to me as my first greyhound foster in September of 2002. I was totally uncertain whether dogs were for me, or whether fostering would be for me, and I certainly didn't like the look of black dogs. From the moment Xander walked into my house, my life changed.

In the all of 5 days I fostered him, I fell in love with this sweet, gentle, and yet silly (I will never forget when he discovered himself in the mirror) boy and I went on to not only foster 60 greyhounds, but to adopt 3 of my own (2 of them black, lol) and counting!

I couldn't imagine how I was going to part with this dog I loved so much, but thankfully the stars aligned because Rebekah, a volunteer who was helping to run Greyhound Welfare at the time decided she was interested in him. The result of that was a wonderful loving home for Xander and a true friendship.

Last night, after nearly 10 years together, Rebekah and her husband had to let Xander go to the same disease that took my baby girl from me. Run free Xander, and go find Neyla. I'm sure she's waiting patiently for you to curl up on a couch so she can climb up and try to entice you into play.

As my foster:

XanderBody2.jpg

With Neyla in the back of my cramped 2 door Chevy after a hike:

Car1.jpg

Edited by NeylasMom

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

My condolences to all who knew and loved Xander. Godspeed sweetie.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I am so sorry to hear this.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest Pat2003

Rebekah and Zander fostered a ton of dogs for Greyhound Welfare. A lot of houndies learned about retirement from Xander and a lot of adopters learned about greyhounds from him. All greys are special but Zander was a little extra special. Run free sweet Xander, you will be missed.

I'm sorry Jen. Xander was a gorgeous hound and I'm sure had a very place in your heart.

Run free Xander, run free sweetie...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Godspeed, Xander....

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

I'm so sorry!! :( I'm sure his mom and dad are devestated too. :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of Xander. I'm sending a long distance hug to those who knew and loved him.

Run Strong and Free Xander! :gh_run2

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

My thoughts and sympathies for the loss of handsome Xander.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

jen - xander was such a handsome guy! LOVED the pictures of neyla and xander together -- so tonight a toast to xander -- and to dante, and to jack and to my precious win -- all missed so much - it's true, only the good die young - teri

He looks so handsome. I am so sorry. Run free and like the wind Xander.

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

So sorry for the loss of the handsome Xander.

Please give my condolences to his family.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg