Please Pray For Crystal

Sending more prayers your way. I hate that this is happening to you.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest IHeartDogs

I'm so sorry :grouphug

Sending tons of healing thoughts and prayers

Fingers and paws crossed she can pull through this.

8 PM

I went out for the afternoon. Long afternoon (movie and dinner). I wasn't sure what I would be coming home to. WOuld she be gone? Would she be in distress?

I was pleased to see what I found. She was up, alert and ready for dinner. Her appetite is bordereing of voracious again. Her legs aren't shaky telling me she didn't pace the entire time I was gone. When the others were tearing around the yard like idiots, she actually trotted a little bit after them.

I have to admit, several time during dinner I got a pang thinking about her wondering what I was going to get when I got home. This is going to be one helluva roller coaster ride.

But she seems very good today. I hope to have her a little bit longer before she has another bleed.

Oh, Mary Pat, you're right, it is a roller coaster. I hope it slows down and you have a nice, long, calm, smooth ride!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

What a nice surprise for you when you came home to see this improvement. Hopefully the good days will stretch out to weeks, then months and you'll have lots of nice days with her.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

glad to hear she has improved...you must have been on pins and needles all through dinner! I hope she continues to get better and that you have along long time together...

Rio aka El Rio (Dec. 4/07) - Home May 16, 2010
Tiana aka CTW Tyra Time (June 7/07 to December 9, 2016) - home July 1, 2010, we miss you terribly, Sweet Girl :weep

Willy aka Starz Predator (Oct. 15/06) - home Aug. 29, 2010
and littermates Merlin aka CTW Excalibur & Mirage aka CTW Mirage (Jan. 1/08) - home Dec. 5, 2010
& June 3, 2012
missing Beagle-Chihuahua, Kasie Lynn (March 15/95-Sept. 13/10)

Hoping you and Crystal have a good day today.

Did you see Fasave's post in this thread about Amicar? That seems like it might help. It was amazing to see Ave at the Jingle Bell Walk a year into his diagnosis after seeing him in his SUV riding around, not being able to join us just after his diagnosis.

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

I'm glad she had a good day Mary Pat. I hope she has another today.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I hope today is another good day for Crystal. I will keep her in my orayers.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

As hard as all of this is to grasp I truly believe she was meant to be with you at this time.

I couldn't help but think from the very beginning of reading about this that Crystal is where she is at because she needed to be with someone like Mary Pat.

Glad to see she's feeling better. Prayers you have lots of good days ahead.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Sunday morning.

I was a little apprehensive this morning. Crystal had gotten into the habit of whining at the crack of dawn for her breakfast. She didn't today. When I did get up, I found her on her bed, looking at me. I could just hear her say "So where's my breakfast, already?"

She paced a little bit this morning. I can't tell if it's discomfort or she already knows that there are things to do and places to go. So, we did our usually walk in the Sourland Mts. While she is not fond of the ramp, I am making her use it to get in and out of the SUV. (weekends is for getting into the car and traveling to our walking places). The last thing I want her to do is jump in and out of my very high SUV.

She was very ready for our walk this morning taking the lead. She did however run out of steam, so the walk was shortened.

I thought she'd be too tired to do anything else but lay down and sleep when we got home but she started her pacing again. I don't know if she was uncomfortable or anticipating that it was egg-day today. She's only had one before, how would she know? I'm thinking she is still uncomfortable. It was time for the cheese treat and she turned her nose up at it. But when I put down the eggs, she inhaled them, the donut and left over GIG cookies. Her FAVORITES are the banana chips covered with bacon that we got there. She can't get enough of them. (anyone know where I can buy more?)

I then went outside and worked in the garden and she came out and laid near me on the cool soil. So I know she wants to be with me. I think she realizes I'm her forever Mom.

So she has improved over Thursday night. But she's not back to where she was Thursday morning. I hope she will feel good enough to at least enjoy a few more laps around the yard.

Fasave - your inbox is full, I want to PM you.

Edited by MP_the4pack

I think she realizes I'm her forever Mom.

:wub::wub::wub:

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

You two have been in my thoughts non stop. I feel like our girls are special since we adopted them around the same time, and we need lots and lots of time to spoil and love them. Praying for many more good days.

Crystal has so much personality. Kelly came over with Luna to visit (Luna is the little girl that Opal T boned and paralyzed last Dec but became a Christmas miracle when she got up to walk while I babysat her at my house).

Anyway, Kelly took a pix of Crystal and she came running up to her barking. I quess she feels she's above the paparazzi taking photographs of her. She did this at GIG too. That "flashy thing" started her barking and she didn't shut up til we got back to the room.

(I'm sure it's her stormaphobia.) But because she actually doesn't look upset, it seems quite comical.

She enjoyed an afternoon in the sunshine chomping on a rawhide. And has just finished her dinner of kibble and sardines. She's currently on her bed, looking at me. She seems content.

Wow, that Luna...I have been reading her blog, what a story! Glad that Crystal got to enjoy some sun shine, no flash needed outside either :)

yes, that Luna. The collision with my little Opal caused her problems. The only saving grace was that Opal weighed about the same as Luna did and not more. I don't think Luna would be here if the accident happened with an 80 boy. And I got to witness the miracle as Luna walked for the first time over xmas. Today, she ran and played in the big yard. The only evidence of the accident is a slight limp.