Greytalk Forum Upgrade

Jeff

Jeff,

When I go to the About Me page in my profile I get this message:

Error: Could not load template 'tabAboutMe' from group 'profile'

I do not see the emotis on my iPad. Where is the emoti list hiding?

above the reply box when you're replying to a post. Where you see the font options and such, I see a smiley face and when I click on it, it gives me the emoties

I have no fonts, emoties etc above "this" box. :-(

First you have to click on the box. If you have already done this I apologize. It's just that it took me a moment to figure it out.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

above the reply box when you're replying to a post. Where you see the font options and such, I see a smiley face and when I click on it, it gives me the emoties

Me, either. I even tried clicking on the box like Maureen said. We will figure it out.

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

I'm also having the weird editing problem.

In my already posted reply, I hit the "edit" button and it brings up the editing box just like it used to. I edit the reply, but when I hit "save changes" nothing happens. BUT if I make another reply the normal way (either quick reply or expanded editor) it adds it to my previous post.

On the plus side, there are now "tags" showing up as sort of secondary titles.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Like Brindles, I'm no longer seeing the lower side panel that showed if there were new posts in the topics I'm following. The upper side panel with Recent Topics is still there. If this is a setting, anyone know how to turn this back on? I've looked through all the settings and preferences and can't find anything that works. I know you can get to the same info from the View New Content link, but it was easier having it right there on the main forum page. I also miss having the secondary titles.

Jennifer &

Willow (Wilma Waggle), Wiki (Wiki Hard Ten), Carter (Let's Get It On),

Ollie (whippet), Gracie (whippet x), & Terra (whippet) + Just Saying + Just Alice

gtsig3.jpg

In my already posted reply, I hit the "edit" button and it brings up the editing box just like it used to. I edit the reply, but when I hit "save changes" nothing happens.

I've had the same problem.

Anne, Sasha & Tapas. Spriet (2002-2015), Tibbie (2000-2015) and Gunda (1996-2009)

www.sighthoundgoodies.com

anne_sas3gt_bbuveb.jpg

I'm sure this has been a lot more trying for you, Jeff, than it has been for us, so I'll just thank you for keeping everything on track. :)

Just a question (and probably adding to your workload :( ).....when trying to add a link, we used to be able to change the name of the link to whatever we wanted it to say (the standard one that came up said My Link, which could be changed to anything we wanted). Do you know if we'll get that back?

I do have to say that if we didn't have this emotie before :bugeye I'm lovin' it! :rofl

If you want to change the text of the link there are two ways of doing it...

1. Type the text you want first, then highlight it with your mouse and then click the link button. Type in the URL and click ok, your custom text is now linked.

2. The other way is to turn off the WYSIWYG editor by flipping the "light switch" at the upper left of the editing box. That will show you the raw forum code where you can edit the link text.

In my already posted reply, I hit the "edit" button and it brings up the editing box just like it used to. I edit the reply, but when I hit "save changes" nothing happens.

I've had the same problem.

clear your browser cache as noted above.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Uh, have no idea how the sunglass-smirky dude made it into my post. So confused!

He has always done that... in your post, you used the letter b and a parenthesis ) Put those together, and you get sunglass-smirky dude. Doesn't matter if you use upper or lower case, it's what you get. Seems that it converts the lower-case b to an upper-case B no matter what, too.

So, anytime someone types

whether upper or lower case, they get

B)

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

This is all just weird...... but will get use to it. :wacko:

Thanks Jeff for all of your hard work.

Wanda, with the DC Racing Kids,

Eric ( DNT Finbarclancy )  6/29/14    Maggie ( DNT Oh Maggie ) 6/29/14

Lorraine ( DC Don't Rainonme ) 3/15/08 - 4/9/20 ---  Suzie ( DC Lazy Susan ) 3/12/06 - 9/4/18 --- Stormy ( DC Major Storm ) 11/29/99 - 1/21/12 ---- Andy ( Andy's Alibi ) 1/23/99 - 12/30/11

Would it be possible to change the display of thread topics so that the original poster's name is shown as well as the last poster? There are certain people who I immediately want to look at if I know they are the OP. Otherwise I have to open each and every new thread to see if it's by one of the people I love.

Sharon, Loki, Freyja, Capri (bridge angel and most beloved heart dog), Ajax (bridge angel) and Sweetie Pie (cat)

Visit Hound-Safe.com by Something Special Pet Supplies for muzzles and other dog safety products

:gh_bow

Right under the thread name, it says "Started by xxxx on xxxx"

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Me, either. I even tried clicking on the box like Maureen said. We will figure it out.

I can't find it, either.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I am not seeing that option either

So I'm not blind. If you find that option, would you post where it is? Thanx.

I was going to ask the same thing -- hope this is still an option :)

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I'm not seeing the drop down menu at the bottom right where you could go to change from one topic to another.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I'm not seeing the drop down menu at the bottom right where you could go to change from one topic to another.

Top right, little upside down tear drop thing. It pops up a box that allows you to select a subforum.

If you are at the bottom of the page and want to get to the top quick, click the little gray up arrow in a circle in the center of the page.

Me either, also on an iPad. I have no formatting options or emotis.

I can't find it, either.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Thank you snowjay! I didn't notice it was on top now.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

OK, I don't use an iPad or a smart phone, but on my desktop PC when I'm typing a reply I see everything above the reply box (but not until I begin the reply).

I grabbed a screen pic to show you, but can't figure out how to do attachments here. BRB