Greytalk Forum Upgrade

Jeff

<----hoping Jeff finds the answer about avatars/personal images. I miss my old pic

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

I miss seeing the secondary subtitles to the threads. Will they be coming back?

Also, I still have my "recent topics" box on the right, so maybe it's your browser or your settings?

And apparently the "edit" function isn't working properly. See above.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

the right box, is a user setting via cookie. You either have it open or closed depending on what you chose.

had not noticed the missing secondary titles. It looks like that is gone, replaced with tags just used for search I'd imagine.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

thanks, glad it is going over well. The more you all like the default, the less work I have to do, and the easier it is for future updates B)

It seems that is the current trend with most forums, other than customizing color and graphics they are pretty much set up with default options.

The one thing another forum implement is the "like" button for posts. So now when a thread is 15 pages long you don't have to read all the posts to get to the meat and potatoes, you can just read the most liked posts to get to ones that count. Plus it has cut down on a lot of the "this", "+1" and "me too" type posts when the user has nothing else to add.

When I click" mark this forum read" it usually takes me back to the forum page, it is not doing that.

Yeah. It marks the topics as read, but keeps you on the same page

Edited by Pippin

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Boo, I see a ton of threads were deleted too :( If you're a site supporter do you get to still see them?

Maggie- Nope - Jeff mentioned earlier in this thread that some topics were going away altogether.

On another note - first, Jeff, thank you so much for keeping this site going! I didn't want to start with a complaint!

I'm finding the new font really hard to adjust to - seems like bits of letters are missing (optical illusion). Is there a way to change the font in our personal settings or just deal with it? :)

OOH - on yet another note, I LOVE the new quote/multi quote use - seems much easier. Maybe nothing's changed there, but it felt like it! :lol

Edited by sarabz

Dave (GLS DeviousDavid) - 6/27/18
Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20

Boo, I see a ton of threads were deleted too :( If you're a site supporter do you get to still see them?

That might be stuff that Jeff pruned before doing the update, in which case they no longer exist.

On another note - first, Jeff, thank you so much for keeping this site going! I didn't want to start with a complaint!

I'm finding the new font really hard to adjust to - seems like bits of letters are missing (optical illusion). Is there a way to change the font in our personal settings or just deal with it? :)

I didnt notice a difference in fonts, or how the fonts look. I'm using Firefox, in case that matters.

(oops was logged in as a test account - repost)

It seems that is the current trend with most forums, other than customizing color and graphics they are pretty much set up with default options.

The one thing another forum implement is the "like" button for posts. So now when a thread is 15 pages long you don't have to read all the posts to get to the meat and potatoes, you can just read the most liked posts to get to ones that count. Plus it has cut down on a lot of the "this", "+1" and "me too" type posts when the user has nothing else to add.

Probably because nobody has free time to mod anymore lol

The LIKE is enabled, how is that useful and how can I make myself not want to choke to death on my own vomit for having an active like button?

When I click" mark this forum read" it usually takes me back to the forum page, it is not doing that.

Yes, been working on that to no avail yet

• Like 1

The LIKE is enabled, how is that useful and how can I make myself not want to choke to death on my own vomit for having an active like button?

Hrmm... I see the like button, but I see no way to jump to "liked" posts within the thread. If it's just a button that doesn't provide anything additional, I agree it's not very useful.

OOH - on yet another note, I LOVE the new quote/multi quote use - seems much easier. Maybe nothing's changed there, but it felt like it! :lol

Should be the same. Clear your cache (as above) and change the font size within your browser.

Quote and Multiquote are pretty much the same as they were ;)

there may be a way to flag posts, that Like :puke was a personal reputation system, more for people, not posts. I'll keep looking. I know the last version had a post rating system that I disabled.

* update * - looks like I can highlight content based on {number} of likes. so you would need to scroll through and look for highlighted replies.

The new software looks great--I'm excited about being able to have a slightly larger avatar (that I can change myself). One thing I'm immediately missing is the ability to click on a thread and be dropped at the first unread post within the thread. Not sure if we lost that functionality or if it's a setting.

~Amanda

The new software looks great--I'm excited about being able to have a slightly larger avatar (that I can change myself). One thing I'm immediately missing is the ability to click on a thread and be dropped at the first unread post within the thread. Not sure if we lost that functionality or if it's a setting.

Click either the circle or star next to the thread title.

Click either the circle or star next to the thread title.

Perfect, thanks! I was hoping it was something simple. In the desktop gui, I clicked on the folder icon at the far left of the thread title (Win7/Chrome). On the mobile gui, the icons appear to be chat bubbles (android). I didn't see circles or stars, but your advice helped me all the same. :)

~Amanda

Hey, Jeff.... can you do anything about the photos at the top being all squished-looking? I think it's great that we see more photos up there than we used to, but not when they look like caca. :lol

The new software looks great--I'm excited about being able to have a slightly larger avatar (that I can change myself).

If I can, that feature goes away...

I just want to get my profile pic back without having to do anything (like remembering where it's stored). :lol

Where is the "like" button? :dunno

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

kind of cool, if you have a topic open, just sitting, and a new post it made to it, you get a notification and the ability to read the new post without reloading the forum page.

Where is the "like" button? :dunno

removed again

Loving the new, cleaner look. LOVE IT. Also, the navigation is much improved and flows much better, and most importantly (let's get our priorities right :P ), the emoties list is way more accessible and easier to use. And that's all I've explored so far.

Bravo! :clap

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

than don't try. Let me deal with it if I can. Any changed you make may not work with the 'fix'

If that was to me, I'm not touchin' nuthin'! I can be patient when I have to